Facing a blue screen in Windows 10 is a common problem. Usually, this error can be found when you try to launch an app or when you disconnect an external device from your computer. But why can this netwtw06.sys error appear? It may appear because of corrupted files, outdated drivers, misconfigured device drivers, damaged system files and corrupted Windows registry.
If you face this netwtw06.sys blue screen error which is followed by a message saying that page fault in nonpaged area, you are able to try to apply the methods below to fix it.
1. Updating the Wireless Network Driver
The driver which is outdated can make netwtw06.sys error appear. So, one of the methods that you are able to apply is to update the wireless network driver manually. It will be able to help you to get rid of the error.
- To update the wireless network driver, the first thing that you have to do is to right click on the Start button to select Device Manager.
- After that, you have to double click on the Network Adapters to be able to expand it. Then, right click on the driver which is labeled with Wifi adapter to select Update driver.
- And now, you have to select Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software and you have to wait for your computer to be able to download and install the latest version of the wireless network driver.
- In this last step, you have to restart your system and then you are able to check whether the issue is still there or it has been solved.
2. Rolling Back the Wireless Network Driver
It is one of the methods that you can use to fix netwtw06.sys error. You can try this method if you meet the error after you updated your wireless network driver recently.
- First, you have to press the Win + X keys together to select Device Manager.
- Next, you have to double click on the Network Adapters to expand it and then right click the driver which is labeled with Wifi adapter to select Properties.
- In the new window, you have to access the Driver tab and then click on the Roll Back Driver to be able to install the previously known stable version of the driver.
- Here, you have to reboot your computer to make the changes happen. Then, you are able to check whether the error is still there or not.
3. Running the DISM Tool
DISM tool will be able to help you to scan for corrupted system files and repair them automatically.
- First, the Command Prompt must be opened as an administrator.
- After that, you need to type this command: DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth in the window and then do not forget to press Enter.
- And now, you have to wait until the process is done. It will take a longer time to complete if there is corruption. If the process has been done, then you are able to restart your system to see whether the error still exists or not.
4. Running The SFC Tool
If on your computer, there are some corrupted system files, some errors will come up. One of them errors is netwtw06.sys blue screen. So, you have to fix this error so that your system will work properly. You can fix it by running the SFC tool.
- The first thing that you have to do is to type ‘cmd’ in the search box. Then, you have to right click on the Command Prompt to select Run as administrator. You have to click on the Yes button for User Account Control to open.
- In this step, you have to type ‘sfc /scannow’ in the window and do not forget to hit Enter key.
- Now, you have to wait for the steps to complete. Usually, it will be able to find the corrupted files and repair them automatically. If the process is completed, then you are able to restart your PC to see if the error is gone.
5. Running the CHKDSK Tool
Corrupted hard drive can be one of the reasons why you get netwtw06.sys error. So, you are able to fix this error by running CHKDSK tool to find whether there are bad sectors on the disk. If then there are bad sectors, it will fix them for you.
- If you want to run the CHKDSK tool, the first thing that you have to do is to open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- After opening it, then in the window, you have to type this ‘chkdsk C: /f /r /x’ and do not forget to press Enter. For your information, C is the letter of the drive where you store your operating system.
- In case you find a message which says that CHKDSK cannot run because the volume is in use by another process and then it asks whether you are able to schedule this volume to be checked next time the system restarts, the thing that you have to do is to type Y on the keyboard in the Command Prompt window.
- Now, when the process is done, you have to reboot your PC to see whether the problem with netwtw06.sys error is solved.
6. Doing a Clean Installation of Windows 10
This is the last method that you can apply if the methods above cannot help you. If you perform a clean installation of your system, you will lose all the data saved on your computer. So, make sure that you backup your important files to an external hard drive.
If you want to back up and restore software for Windows, you can use MiniTool ShadowMaker. It has the ability to back up files and folders, disks and partitions and also your operating system to different locations. And here are the steps to back up your data on your PC to an external hard drive.
- First, insert your external hard drive to your PC. You have to install and launch MiniTool ShadowMaker and click on Keep Trial.
- Next, you have to select Connect under This Computer to enter the main interface.
- Then, you have to go to the Back up page and click on the Source and choose Folders and Files. You have to check all files and folders that you need and then click on OK.
- In this step, you have to click on the Destination and choose the external hard drive as the destination to save the backup image. Then, click on OK to confirm changes.
- If you have confirmed the backup source and destination, now click on Backup Now.
- Here, you have to wait for the tool to complete backing up your data.
If you have backed up the data, now you can perform a clean installation by following these steps.
- First, download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft site on a USB flash drive with at least 8 GB storage space. Then, you have to create a USB bootable drive using this tool.
- Now, you have to insert the USB bootable drive to your PC and then boot your PC from the USB.
- You have to click on Install Now and follow the prompts on the screen to perform a clean installation.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…