Recently, there are many users who get the annoying error on their iPhone. The error saying that Calendar Invitation – Your response to the Invitation Cannot be sent. In this page, we are going to share how to stop or fix the error.
METHOD 1: FORCE CLOSE ALL APPLICATIONS AND REOPEN CALENDAR APP.
When your iPhone or iPad device runs too many apps at once, it is able to make a loss of processing power and have limited memory space. For this case, you have to recalibrate the app priorities of your Apple device which involves clearing up all the running applications from your device and then relaunching the Calendar app. If you use iPhone X or later, you are able to follow these steps below:
- From the Home screen, please swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen.
- Now, you are able to swipe up on the app’s preview to close the individual app. Please do this to all the applications.
- Lastly, find the Calendar app on your Home screen and tap to relaunch it.
METHOD 2: REFRESH THE CALENDAR APP AND FORCE RESTART DEVICE.
Another effective solution is to disable your Calendar app first before trying to force-restart your device. Of course, this method is useful because it completely resyncs the Calendar app to your device.
In order to disable your Calendar app, please do these steps:
- Go into your iPhone or iPad’s Settings app
- Then, you have to tap your Apple profile (top),
- Tap iCloud
- Tap the Calendar app’s button to disable.
- You will be prompted with a message, that you only need to choose Delete from My iPhone.
- After you have done that, you are able to go ahead and proceed to restart your device. Easily, you are able to achieve this by going to Settings, tap General and Shut Down.
In other case, if your Apple device is frozen or having slow performance problem, you are able to do a force restart.
METHOD 3: UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO THE LATEST VERSION.
Whenever you are running an older version of the operating system in your Apple device, you are setting yourself up to encountering various problems and unsupported patches that may have already been rectified with a newer version. So, it is very important to understand if the OS is outdated.
- Be sure to back up your Apple device by using your iCloud or iTunes.
- After that, you need to plug-in your device into power and then connect to a stable Internet connection.
- Now, you have to open the Settings app, then tap on General.
- Then, tap on Software Update.
- On this page, you will give a few minutes to check if any updates are pending to be downloaded. If there is, please tap Download and Install.
- To update now, simply tap Install. Also, you have the option to choose for later by selecting Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, plug your iOS device into power. Automatically your device will update overnight.
- Lastly, you only need to enter your passcode if applicable.
Also, you are able to update your device by using iTunes or delete content manually from your device. After you have updated your device, try opening the Calendar app once again and see whether you are able to resubmit your response to the invitation.
METHOD 4: REFRESH CALENDAR ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
This solution directly solves the fact that it may be a result of a data mismatch between your Calendar app and the application server. Because the data sending process is oftentimes a two way process between your device and the server, so we cannot rule out the fact that there may have been some part of the process got interrupted. To fix this, you have to clear up your calendar app data and have a fresh copy of data from the server itself.
Here is steps by steps to do:
- At the first step, you have to go to Settings, and then Passwords & Accounts option.
- In the accounts section, you need to choose the account which is linked to your Calendar app. If you have multiple accounts, you are able to repeat the next steps to your other accounts. If you know the particular account which is causing the error, you will be able to select to proceed only with that account.
- Please toggle the Calendars button of the account to turn it off. Do not forget to tap Delete from My iPhone to confirm the process. Do not worry, your calendar data will be downloaded again from the server.
- Now, you are able to go back to Settings, then tap General and Shut Down.
- The next step that you have to do is to turn back on your Apple device.
- Lastly, go back to Settings, then Passwords & Accounts option, and turn back on the calendar of your account.
METHOD 5: REINSTALL THE CALENDAR APP.
- The first thing that you have to do is to find the Calendar app icon on your home screen. Please hold the app until it jiggles. If the app does not jiggle, ensure that you are not pressing too hard.
- After that, you are able to tap (x) button on the app, and then tap on Remove.
- To reinstall the app, you need to go to the App Store.
- Please search for the Calendar app.
- Next, you are able to reinstall the Calendar app.
- Now, you have to wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.
With a fresh copy of the Calendar app, you are able to use the Calendar app like it was new. Ensure to sync it with your account to get all your calendar data back.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…