Disk Management is one of the features on Windows. The function of this feature is to organize and
manage storage disc in computer and laptop such as SSD, HDD, or Flashdisk. Talking about disk
management, did you know how to open disk management on Windows?
If you do not know how to open disk management on Windows, you are able to check the
explanation about 4 ways to do that below.
How to Open Disk Management on Windows Quickly
There are a lot of ways to run disk management. However here, you can see 4 of the ways to open
disk management easily and quickly.
1. How to Open Disk Management with CMD
If you want to open disk management with CMD, here are the steps that you have to go
- The first thing that you have to do is to click on the Start Windows menu.
- Then, you need to click on the “CMD” in the search bar.
- After that, you need to right click and then choose “Run As Administrator”.
- The next step that you have to do is to type “Diskmgmt.msc” when you are in the
- After typing it, press Enter and you will see a window like this:
If you see the window above, it means that you have successfully opened the Disk
Management through Command and Prompt.
2. How to Open Disk Management through Windows Run
You are also able to open Disk Management by entering a command through Windows Run
where the steps are served below.
- First, you have to press Windows + R buttons. After you press the combination of
these buttons, then you will see the window below.
- After that, you have to type “diskmgmt.msc” and then press Enter.
- If you have typed it, then you will see this:
If you see the window above, you have successfully run the Disk Management.
3. How to Run Disk Management through Windows Explorer
In this method, you will read the steps to run disk management through Windows Explorer.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open Windows Explorer.
- After that, you need to right click on the Computer and then choose Manage.
- And then, you will see Computer Management window as you can see below.
- There, you have to choose Storage and then choose Disk Management.
4. How to Run Disk Management by Using Start Windows Menu
The last method that you can use to open Disk Management is through Start Windows menu
by following the steps below.
a. Opening Disk Management through Computer Manage
- First, you need to open Start Windows menu.
- And then, you need to right click on Computer.
- Here, you have to choose Manage.
- And then, you will see Application Window as you can see below and the thing that
you have to do is to choose Storage > Disk Management.
b. Opening Disk Management by Using Search Feature
We can say that this method is easier because you just have to open Start Windows
menu and then type Disk Management in the search bar which is followed by pressing
Enter. After that, you will see this window.
If you see the window above, it means that you have successfully opened Disk
Management through Start Windows menu.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…