The svchost.exe is definitely taking much of your CPU, memory usage and Disk on your computer. However, svchost.exe often appears when you start working on Windows. Generally, when svchost.exe appears, it signs that there is something wrong with any process of Service Host: Local System.
How to Remove svchost.exe UnistackSvcGroup from Task Manager
One of Service Host errors which will happen on your computer is UnistackSvcGroup. UnistackSvcGroup here is the name of a Unistore service which belongs to Windows Store. You may see the UnistackSvcGroup running because there is something with the Store updating app. But, we emphasize here that UnistackSvcGroup is a legitimate service.
Well, if you find a suspicious thing from UnistackSvcGroup , it is surely better for you to remove it from Task Manager. So, let’s follow the steps below to remove it!
First of all, you need to download Anti Malware for free. However, it is such an important thing for you to know that anti-malware can remove Adware/ Spyware/ Browser Hijacker/ Unwanted Programs/ Search Redirectors from your computer easily.
Once you download Anti Malware, go to the downloaded file location to install it. Then, you have to click on the antimalware-setup.exe.
Need to know that Anti Malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It is 100% clean. It means that this anti-malware does not contain any form of malware including spyware, adware, viruses, trojans and backdoors.
On the screen, you will see that there is a confirmation screen with the publisher which is verified. So, you have to click on Yes. After you install the anti-malware, it will begin a standard scan automatically.
Last, you need to press Apply after the scan process ends to remove all threads which are found.
That’s it! Now, you already remove svchost.exe UnistackSvcGroup from your computer.
How to Fix UnistackSvcGroup ?
Sometimes, you do not want to remove UnistackSvcGroup from your computer. The ways that you want to do it is to fix UnistackSvcGroup. Why should you fix UnistackSvcGroup on your computer?
In fact, UnistackSvcGroup will be taking much of your disk and memory usage that will put your computer at a high risk. Well, you definitely can fix UnistackSvcGroup without deleting it from your computer. There are plenty of ways that you can take to fix UnistackSvcGroup if it totally disturbs you a lot. Here they are:
Way 1: Disable Automatic Updates for Apps
The first way that you can take is turning off Automatic Updates for Apps. However, turning off the option of Automatic Updates for Apps from Microsoft Store will solve the issue for you.
- Hit Windows Key once.
- Then, choose the Windows Store to open it.
- Select the three dots on the top right corner. IT will open the Windows Store Settings screen. But, if you cannot see the three dots here, you actually can click on your profile picture icon on the top. Choose Settings.
- Switch Off the option Update apps automatically
- Last, close the Windows Store.
Way 2: Use Registry Editor
This second way can be your option when the first way cannot solve your problem. You surely can change the values of some of the registry keys to turn on UnistackSvc service. Here are the ways to use Registry Editor to fix UnistackSvc service:
- First, press and hold Windows Key + R at the same time.
- On the Run service, you have to type “regedit. Hit Enter.
- Then, navigate to this location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UnistoreSvc. How to navigate it?
- Find and double click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left pane
- Find and double click SySTEM from the left pane.
- Find and double click CurrentControlSet from the left pane.
- Find and double click Services from the left pane.
- Then, locate and choose UnistoreSvc from the left pane.
- Find and double click Start entry from the right pane.
- You will see a new Windows and it must have 3 in its value data section. The “3” here means that the service is manual.
- Then, you have to change this value to 4 to solve the issue as “4: means this service is turned off.
- Enter “4” in the value data section. Choose OK.
- The next step you need to find the folder named UserDataSvc from the left pane and choose it.
- Locate and double click Start entry from the right pane.
- Here, you have to find a new window and it must have 3 in its value data section. Type “4” in the value data to disable this service. Then, click OK.
- Last, you can close the registry editor and check if this way can solve your problem.
Way 3: Update Windows
Generally, there are many bugs that you can find on the old Windows version. Then, many Windows users are looking for the way to solve the problem of UnistackSvcGroup by updating their Windows. Well, it can be also your option when you have not already with the latest Windows update.
Way 4: Remove Contents of UnistoreDB Folder
Removing the contents of the whole folder once turning off the running service absolutely can solve your problem. So, here are some steps that you can follow in removing the contents of UnistoreDB Folder:
- Firstly, go to Task Manager by hitting CTRL + Shift + ESC key at the same time.
- Then, find the service by right-clicking. Then, choose End Task.
- You also need to repeat the previous step for all the Unistore related to the services you may find.
- After that, close the Task Manager.
- Press Windows Key + E.
- Once the folder is opened, you have to type “C:\Users\profile_name\AppData\Local\Comms\UnistoreDB on the address bar. Hit Enter.
- Replace profile_name with your actual profile/PC name. But, if you cannot find the folder, ensure that you have check the Show hidden folders option.
- When you are in the UnistoreDB folder, you can hit CTRL Key + A to choose all files. Hit Delete key and confirm any additional prompts. However, it will delete the contents of this folder.
After it is completed, you have to check Unistack Service Group (unistacksvcgroup) drop to normal levels.
Those are all ways that you can take to fix something wrong that happens on Unistack Service Group (unistacksvcgroup) on your computer. Make sure to not miss a step above.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…