Athens is known as the place of gods and goddesses. It is actually not surprising since the name itself takes after one of the Greek goddesses named Athens. Everything about this place is interesting. Tons of people have put an interest in this city. Do you also love Athens? How much do you think you know about the capital of the Greek?
If you are so into Athens and you think you know a lot of this city, you might want to challenge yourself by looking for the quiz related to Athens on Bing so that you can measure how well you are about this city. On Bing, there is a chance for the questions or the quizzes related to Athens to be found on Homepage quiz, Surprise me!, News quiz, and Geography quiz.
Before facing the quiz related to Athens on Bing, it is better for you to get some practice by taking these following questions about the city. If you manage to get a good score, it means the chance of slaying the quiz related to Athens on Bing is high.
1. What is the name of the most well-known temple mount in Athens?
b. Plate Mountain
c. Philosopher’s Hill
2. Which of these following forms of government that was first introduced in the city state of Athens?
3. What is the name of the tallest building in Athens?
a. Athens Tower
c. National Bank of Greece
4. When did the first modern Olympic Games take place in Athens?
a. A.D. 1896
b. A.D. 1500
c. 504 B.C.
5. Athens is named as the third capital of the modern Greek state. What was the second one?
6. Where are the Elgin Marbles in the early 19th century called Acropolis treasures that were removed by the Lord Thomas Elgin now?
b. British Museum
c. New Acropolis Museum
7. Which was the name of one of the great ancestors of Theseus?
8. What is the name of the body of water that separates the Greek peninsula from Asia Minor?
a. Ionian Sea
b. Black Sea
c. Aegean Sea
d. Mediterranean Sea
9. What is the name of the highest point of the Acropolis?
a. Altar of Athena
c. Temple of Athena Nike
10. What could the citizens in the assembly do to express their opinion on issues concerning their city?
a. Draw straws
b. Be a part of the senate
d. Declare war on a neighboring city state
11. What was the reason behind Solon dividing the Athenians into four social classes?
a. Solon wanted to punish the people.
b. Solon wanted to give the poor more power.
c. Solon wanted to give himself more power.
d. Solon wanted to reduce the power of the wealthy.
e. Solon wanted to gain support from other states.
12. What is the name of the ancient goddess that gave the Greek capital its name?
13. When did the first modern Olympic Games take place in the Panathenaic Stadium, Athens?
14. How many people does Athens currently have?
a. Around 1.5 million
b. Around 3.5 million
c. Around 5 million
15. What is the popular thing on a Greek mesedes appetizer platter?
a. Gyros with French fries
b. Souvlaki with fried potatoes
c. Tzatziki, peppers, tomatoes, feta
16. Who was the patron god or goddess of the city of Athens?
17. What was the Acropolis intended for?
a. As a place to watch theatre
b. As a place to worship the gods
c. As a center for the Greek government
d. As a center of commerce and trade
18. Which was the place that was used as the center of commerce and government in Athens?
a. The Theatre
b. The Acropolis
c. The Parthenon
d. The Strategeion
e. The Agora
19. Who led Athens during its golden age as the center of Ancient Greek civilization?
e. Alexander the Great
20. What is the name of the building located at the center of the Acropolis that was dedicated to the goddess Athena?
a. The Parthenon
b. The Agora
c. The Theatre
d. The Erchtheum
e. The Arrephorion
21. About how far back do historians have recorded history about the city of Athens?
a. 10,000 years
b. 6,000 years
c. 3,400 years
d. 2,500 years
e. 1,000 years
22. Which Greek god and the patron of the theatre was used to name the biggest theatre on the slope of the Acropolis?
23. Where was the thing known as Acropolis located?
a. Between Athens and Sparta
b. On the hill at the center of the city
c. Just outside the city walls
d. North of the city of Athens on the top of the Olympus
e. In the valley on the south side of the city
24. Which of the following statements can describe the best about the Age of Pericles?
a. A time when art and democracy flourished
b. A time when Sparta ruled over Athens
c. A time when Athens was poor and fragile
d. A time when Athens was under the power of the Tyrants
e. A time before the democracy and the theatre came to Athens
25. What did most men do in Ancient Athens?
a. Raised their kids
b. Went out to socialize
c. Overseeing the crops and doing the other jobs
How many questions do you think you get it right? If you think you are still lacking, it is not too late to learn more about everything related to Athens. After learning for some more, you can try the other quizzes about Athens, including one on Bing.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…