Do you want to test how much knowledge about Environment? If you want to test it, you are able to take an environment quiz. When you get an environment quiz in Bing, you can answer it based on what you know, but it will be better if you can answer the questions correctly so that you will get a high score.
Quiz Questions About Environment
Here, we have some quiz questions about Environment for your practice before taking the Bing Environment quiz. These questions are taken from the Earth Day website.
- When is the Earth Day?
a. April 22
b. December 21
c. August 12
d. October 31
Answer: a. April 22
Information: On April 22nd, we celebrate Earth Day. This tradition has been done for almost 50 years. It was established in 1970 and it was dedicated to bring the environment to the forefront. Every year, Earth Day Network works to unite communities around the world in a campaign to overcome modern-day environmental problems.
- The first book to set the stage for society to change in becoming more environmentally aware was …
a. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
b. The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
c. Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
d. Population Bomb by Paul Ehrlich
Answer: c. Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
Information: Silent Spring was published in 1962 and it was an extraordinary book which opened the eyes of the public to the dangers of DDT, the first synthesized pesticide which was used broadly, to the health of humans and wildlife. In 1972, DDT was banned because of the public outcry which was raised by Silent Spring. This is not the end of the book’s impact. For the first time, the environment became a part of the public consciousness. More than 50 years later, there were the effects of that when people across the world took up Carson’s banner in the modern-day environmental movement.
- Is it true or false that the idea for Earth Day came from Gaylord Nelson?
Answer: a. True
Information: U.S. Senator, Gaylord Nelson had the idea for a national day to focus on the environment after seeing the ravages of the 1969 massive oil spill in Santa Barbara, California. He was inspired by the student anti-war movement to announce the idea for a “national teach in on the environment” to the national media. A national staff of 85 was built by Hayes to promote events across the land. And then, April 22 was chosen as the date, where it is between Spring Break and Final Exams.
- Is it true or false that throughout its history, Earth Day has only been supported by Democrats?
Answer: b. False
Information: The support for the environment has never been just an effort of partisans. The first Earth Day in 1970, it was created as a bipartisan effort and the co-chair of the original teach-in was Pete McCloskey who is a Republican congressman.
- The year of the first Earth Day, by the end of 1970, The Environmental Protection Agency or EPA was created. From the options below, which acts did not pass that same year?
a. Clean Air Act
b. Clean Water Act
c. Endangered Species Act
d. Marine Mammal Protection Act
Answer: d. Marine Mammal Protection Act
Information: The Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and the Endangered Species Act, by the end of 1970, has all been passed in a series of landmark environmental victories. Meanwhile, the Marine Mammal Protection Act was not passed until two years later.
The Other Quiz Questions About Environment
As you are able to see that the quiz questions above tend to talk about Earth Day. And here, we have the other Environment quiz questions from various sources.
- The atmospheric layer which is closest to the ground is …
Answer: a. Troposphere
- What is the most plentiful gas on the atmosphere of the earth?
Answer: c. Nitrogen
- The atmospheric layer which has most of the clouds is …
Answer: d. Troposphere
- The term for an altitude of 100 kilometers above the sea level of the earth which marks the start of space where human travelers are considered astronauts is …
a. Appleton – Barnett layer
b. Karman line
c. Heaviside layer
d. Van Allen belts
Answer: b. Karman line
- What is the name of the study of weather?
Answer: a. meteorology
- From the options below which is not the main layer of the atmosphere is …
Answer: c. Exosphere
- What is the atmospheric layer which is completely cloudless and free of water vapor?
Answer: c. Thermosphere
- The average atmospheric pressure at sea level as defined by the International Standard Atmosphere is …
a. 101325 pascals
b. 14.6959 pascals
c. 1013 pascals
d. 984.43 pascals
Answer: a. 101325 pascals
- What is the meaning of ethologist?
a. Scientists who study about ethos
b. Scientists who study about the behaviour of wild animals
c. Scientists who study about the behaviour of animals in a particular eco system
Answer: b. Scientists who study about the behaviour of wild animals
- Terricolous animals are …
a. Animals which live in a particular territory
b. Animals which live on high mountains
c. Animals which live in the soil
Answer: c. Animals which live in the soil
- The safe level of noise intensity for humans is …
a. up to 90 decibels
b. up to 70 decibels
c. up to 80 decibels
Answer: c. up to 80 decibels
- When is World Wetlands Day observed?
a. February 2
b. February 28
c. February 22
d. February 12
Answer: a. February 2
- What are the microbes which are active at low temperatures?
Answer: c. Psychrophiles
- What phenomenon is described as Sick Building Syndrome (SBS)?
a. Indoor air pollution
b. Indoor water pollution
c. Indoor noise pollution
d. All the above are right
Answer: a. Indoor air pollution
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…