Bing always frequently shows different themes on the homepage each day. The themes here display multiple images including the earth, landscape, animals, sea, plenty of landmarks and many more. Then, one of the themes which is often seen on Bing is the image of bridges.
Bing Bridge Images on Windows Spotlight
The bridge images on Bing are generally displayed automatically in Windows Spotlight feature. Moreover, this is a feature included by default in Windows 10 which downloads the images and ads automatically from Bing. Then, the images will be displayed when the lock screen is being shown on a computer running Windows 10.
The images included from Bing sometimes give the users a chance to mark whether they want to see more or fewer images of a similar type. Sometimes, the images are attached with links to advertisements. Microsoft began adding the location information for many of the photographs on Bing including the bridge’s image.
Generally, the images show popular locations such as famous historical buildings, natural landmarks, and more. Sure, it doesn’t wonder if Bing shows the images of popular bridges in the world. On Windows Spotlight, the location information is provided, though the photo credits are typically not.
Of course, when you lock your Windows 10, you may ever find a photo of a well-known bridge. Then, if you want to know what the bridge is, you just simply click on the location and it will inform you about the image of the bridges displayed on Windows Spotlight.
Samples of Bridges Quizzes
Aside from displaying on Windows Spotlight, the bridge topics probably will appear on Bing weekly quiz. Sure, you may not get the clues for the quizzes about bridges as this kind of quiz does not frequently appear on Bing. If you frequently take the Bing quiz, we think that practicing for the quiz about bridges topic is a must for you.
Thankfully, this post will show you samples of quizzes about bridges. Here are the samples of bridges quizzes which probably will appear on Bing:
1. Picturesque Bow Bridge is part of which famous urban Park?
a. Central Park
b. Hyde Park
c. Griffith Park
The answer is a. Central Park
2. One of these movies did not film scenes at Central Park. Which is it?
b. The Emoji Movie
c. Spiderman 3
The answer is b. The Emoji Movie
3. Which one is a suspension bridge?
a. Golden Gate Bridge
b. London Bridge
c. Sydney Harbour Bridge
d. The Iron Bridge
The answer is a. Golden Gate Bridge
4. The card game, Bridge, is closest related to which of the following card games?
d. Gim Rummy
The answer is a. Whist
5. Who recorded The ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’ song?
a. Aretha Franklin
b. LeAnn Rimes
c. Simon & Garfunkel
d. Whitney Houston
The answer is c. Simon & Garfunkel
6. A bridge can be found as a primary structural component inside which of these transportation methods?
The answer is b. Ship
7. What is the name of the bridge which is named after a famous British General which crosses the Jordan river between Israel and Jordan?
The answer is a. Allenby
8. The Victoria Falls Bridge spectacularly links Zambia and Zimbabwe, but which river stretches?
The answer is a. Zambezi
9. Until the 19th century, what is the river that crosses Venice?
a. Ponte degli Scalzi
b. Ponte della Costituzione
c. Ponte dell’Accademia
d. Rialto Bridge
The answer is d. Rialto Bridge
10. The George Washington Bridge in New York City was the longest suspension bridge in the USA. True or False?
The answer is a. True
11. The first arch bridge in the world which was built at Coalbrookdale in Shropshire, England in 1779 was one of the icons of the early part of the Industrial Revolution. Who built it?
a. Abraham Darby II
b. Isambard Kingdom Brunel
c. Abraham Darby III
d. Abraham Darby I
The answer is c. Abraham Darby III
12. The world’s longest suspension bridge at 2220m for a long time is the Humber bridge in the UK. However, in 1998, Japan smashed that record by having the Akashi-Kaikyo bridge which has a total length of 3911m. Which cities does it connect?
a. Fukuoka and Yamaguchi
b. Tokyo and Yokohama
c. Kobe and Iwaya
d. Osaka and Kobe
The answer is c. Kobe and Iwaya
13. There are many river crossings which connect Manhattan to Brooklyn in New York City. Which of these four bridges (to Brooklyn) was completed first?
a. Manhattan Bridge
b. George Washington Bridge
c. Williamsburg Bridge
d. Brooklyn Bridge
The answer is d. Brooklyn Bridge
14. What is the name of bridges as the world’s widest long-span bridge with a roadway of 49m which first opened for traffic in 1932 and adorned with the Olympic Rings during the 2000 Olympics?
a. Golden Gate Bridge
b. Humber Bridge
c. Brooklyn Bridge
d. Sydney Harbour Bridge
The answer is d. Sydney Harbour Bridge
15. Which famous aqueduct was built by Romans near Nimes in the South of France sometime before AD 100 ?
d. Pont du Gard
The answer is c. Eifel
This post also gives you plenty of open-ended quizzes about bridges. Here are they:
1. What is the official colour of the Golden Gate Bridge? Orange (International orange)
2. What type of bridge is The Forth Railway Bridge? Cantilever
3. What was suspended from Tower Bridge in June 2012? A set of Olympic rings
4. Which city has the most bridges of any city in Europe? Hamburg
5. What type of bridge usually floats on water? Pontoon bridge
6. Which British city has a Bridge of Sighs named after the famous Venice bridge? Cambridge
7. What is the name of the oldest bridge to span the Grand Canal in Venice? The Rialto Bridge
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…