If you open a task manager, you may notice that there is the mscorsvw.exe or .NET Runtime Optimization Service. But, what is it? Is it harmful for your PC? Here, we will inform you about it so that you will not doubt it anymore.
What is mscorsvw.exe or .NET Runtime Optimization Service?
Mscorsvw.exe or .NET Runtime Optimization Service is a component of Windows. It is used for optimizing your machine to launch apps and programs faster. Usually, it will not cause high CPU. However, if the process of optimization takes too long, it may cause high CPU usage. Here are some other reasons for .NET Runtime Optimization Service high CPU usage.
- Your PC may be running malware which is disguised as a service. Or, the service may be infected.
- The .Net Runtime Optimization Service works too slowly on your PC.
- There may be corruption in the .Net Runtime Optimization Service.
Methods For Fixing .Net Runtime Optimization Service High CPU Usage Issue
As explained earlier that the .Net Runtime Optimization Service can make the applications on your system launch faster. So, when it consumes a high CPU, it is better for you not to disable the service directly. If you find the .Net Runtime Optimization Service high CPU usage issue, there are some methods that you are able to apply for fixing it. Those methods are explained below.
Scanning Your PC for Malware
One of the reasons why .Net Runtime Optimization Service high CPU issue happen is because of malware infection. If you find this issue, you are able to run anti-malware software such as Malwarebyts and Avast to perform a full scan. You are able to download them from their official website. After downloading them, you are able to start to scan your PC and after the process of scanning is done, now you are able to check if the .Net Runtime Optimization Service high CPU usage issue has been fixed or not.
Speeding Up The .Net Runtime Optimization Service
Another method that you are able to apply for fixing this issue is speeding up the .Net Runtime Optimization Service. If the service runs too slowly, you will find this issue. So, you are able to fix it by running the commands below so that the process can be speeded up.
- The first thing that you have to do is to input cmd in the Windows 10 Cortana search box. And then, you have to right click the best match Command Prompt to run it as administrator.
- Next, if the operating system is installed on the C drive, you have to type these commands and then hit Enter after that.
If you are using 32-bit operating system, you have to type this command: cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
If you are using 64-bit operating system, you have to type this: cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319
- In this step, you have to type the command below and after that do not forget to hit Enter.
- Now, you are able to check whether the CPU usage is normal again or not and you can check it in the Task Manager.
Running The Official Script Made By Microsoft
In case you do not like running the command by yourself or if you are running an older version of Windows, you are able to run the official script which is made by Microsoft to be able to speed up the service. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to visit the GitHub page of the official script.
- After that, you have to right click on the Raw button and then you need to select Save Link As.
- In this step, you have to make sure that the type of the file is Windows Script File and then save the file on your hard drive.
- Now, you have to execute the file to run the script.
- In case you have to choose a program to run it with, you are able to choose Windows Script Host.
If you are running the script, the NET Runtime Optimization Service will be able to complete its task faster and the .NET Runtime Optimization Service issue will be fixed.
Restarting the Service
If you decide to restart the service, it can also help you fix the .Net Runtime Optimization Service high CPU usage issue. It is because by restarting the service, it will complete the process more quickly this time. Do you know how to restart the service together? You are able to follow the instructions below to apply this method.
- The first thing that you have to do is to right click the Windows Start menu and then you have to select Run to be able to open the Run box. Also, you are able to press Windows logo key + R key on the keyboard to open up the Run dialog box.
- Next, you have to copy and paste services.msc into the Run box and then press Enter.
- In this step, when you are on the interface, you have to scroll down to be able to find and right click NVIDIA Telemetry Container and then choose Restart from the menu.
- After that, you need to right click on the NVIDIA Telemetry Container and select Properties from the right click menu.
- Don’t miss: How to Install Ring Spotlight App for Windows 10
- When you are in the Properties window, you have to set NVIDIA Telemetry Container and Startup Type as Automatic.
- Here, you have to save the changes by clicking on the Apply and OK.
- And now, you are able to open the task manager and check if high CPU usage of the Net Runtime Optimization Service is normal again or not.
Well, that’s the information that we are able to give to you about .Net Runtime Optimization Service or mscorsvw.exe including information about what it is, the reason why sometimes it can consume CPU usage and how to fix it when you find that it consumes CPU usage. Hopefully, this information can help you and if you need more information about IT, you are able to read other articles on this site.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…