If you have VCRruntime140.dll installed, but then you find that it does not work, you have to fix it. Visiting forums such as Microsoft forums can be one of the ways that you are able to do to get help. And below, you are able to try to fix this issue by learning from other’s issues.
Fixing VCRruntime140.dll Which Is Not Working
If you access the Answer Microsoft site, you will find someone also facing this error. When he is trying to run a dolphin and he gets the error.
The thing that he does to fix it is to uninstall and reinstall it through the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. However, despite uninstalling it and reinstalling it sometimes he still gets the error. So, he scans for malware but the PC is less than a couple weeks old . Then, he also tried to reset the PC before and after reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Repairing the program to no avail even has been tried to apply. But, these methods cannot be solved.
In that forum, a Microsoft Agent answers this issue. Firstly, he asks what build version of Windows 10 which is used now by him. Then, he also asks whether he is aware of any changes which are made to the PC prior to which you were not facing the issue. The method that he suggests to him to fix this issue is to try uninstalling Visual C++ 2017 from the PC and then see whether it can help or not. The Microsoft agent also suggests him to refer to the section Uninstall or Remove Apps and Programs from the article Repair Or Remove Programs in Windows 10 in the Windows site.
In the Windows Phone Info forum site, another user suggests creating a new user account on your PC. He says that System file corruption can cause issues with .dll files on your PC. So, here are the steps for doing it.
- First, you have to choose the Start button and then you need to choose Settings and then choose Accounts. After that, click on Family & Other People and then choose Add Someone Else to This PC.
- Now, you have to type a username, password, password hint and then choose Next.
Fixing VCRruntime140.dll Is Missing Error
There are some methods that you are able to apply for fixing VCRruntime140.dll is missing error. When you get this error, the message that you will get is ‘The program cannot start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try to reinstall the program to fix it’. If you find this issue, then you can try to fix using these methods.
Re-registering The VCRuntime140.dll File
- The first thing that you have to do is to press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to be able to open the Run utility. There, the thing that you have to type is cmd into the input field. After that, you have to press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to be able to launch the Command Prompt with administrator permissions.
- When you are prompted, you have to permit the Command Prompt to make changes on your device and you are able to do that by pressing the Yes button.
- Now, you have to unregister the file and you are able to do it by typing in or copy-pasting the next command. After that, you have to enter this key: regsvr32 /u VCRUNTIME140.dll.
- Now, you have to re-register the file and it is able to be done with this command: regsvr32 VCRUNTIME140.dll. Make sure that you have to press Enter after you input this command.
- In this step, you have to close the Command Prompt window and you have to try running the problematic application again.
Running The System File Checker
Running the system file checker is another method that you are able to apply if you find that VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing error happen on your PC. SFC or System File Checker is a tool which can be found in Windows 10 by default and this tool is the quickest way that you are able to do to automatically fix corrupted system files and other issues. How to run it? You are able to do the steps that we have provided below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run utility. There, you have to type cmd and then you need to press Ctrl + Shift + Enter. By doing it, it will open the Command Prompt with administrative permissions.
- If you are prompted, then you have to make sure to Allow The Command Prompt To Make Changes on your device. It means that you will need an administrator account.
- Here, you have to type in this command and then do not forget to hit Enter: sfc /scannow.
- Now, you have to wait for the System File Checker to complete scanning your PC. If it discovers any errors, you will be able to fix them automatically via the SFC command itself which may also fix the related errors.
Downloading and Replacing The Missing VCRUNTIME140.dll File
- First, you have to download the VCRUNTIME140.dll file from DLL-Files. You have to choose either the 64-bit or 32-bit version depending on the system that you use on your PC.
- After that, you will download a .zip file which can be opened with applications such as WinRAR and 7zip. You have to open the file and drag ‘vcruntime140.dll’ into the install directory of the application which faces the issue.
- If you are prompted, you have to select to replace the original file in the destination folder.
- In this step, you have to see whether you are able to run the application which faces the issue after you replace the VCRUNTIME140.dll file manually.
If you have done the methods above to fix missing VCRUNTIME140.dll files, but you see that no one works, you are able to try another method. You are able to update your Windows 10 to the latest release.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…