Bad Image error comes up when Windows cannot run the programs you tried running mainly because the files and libraries required to run the program are corrupted due to an update. The Bad Image error may occur in any version of Windows, including Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
EASY METHODS TO FIX WINDOWS BAD IMAGE ERROR
This guide help you in fixing the Bad Image error easily. There are some easy methods that you can do to fix the error.
METHOD 1: UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL PROGRAM
The first thing to do is uninstalling and then reinstalling the problematic program. This method can helps most for Bad Image error. Please be sure to have the setup file ready.
- Please press Windows + R simultaneously to invoke Run, then type appwiz.cpl, and simply press enter.
- After that, you have to double-click on the program producing the Bad Image error and click “Uninstall”.
- Then, you are able to go to the program’s official site and download the program again.
METHOD 2: UNINSTALL THE DEFECTIVE WINDOWS UPDATE
Uninstalling the defective Windows update is able to fix Bad Image error effectively.
- At the first step, you have to type control panel in the search box in Windows and press enter.
- Then, you need to navigate to “Programs and features”.
- On the left panel, you are able to click “View installed updates”.
- On the right panel, you have to locate on the Windows update version which causes the Bad Image error and click “Uninstall”.
- Lastly, you are able to restart your computer.
METHOD 3: RUN SFC SCAN TO REPAIR SYSTEM FILE
If the Bad Image error is caused by a damaged system file, you need to use the System File Checker (SFC) to run a thorough check of file integrity and automatically repair all corrupt system files. To do that, follow these easy steps below:
- At the first step, you have to press Windows + X simultaneously and click “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Then, you need to type the following cmd and hit enter.
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
- This is going to run a system file check and repair all corrupt system files.
- Now, you only need to restart your computer.
METHOD 4: RUN WINDOWS AUTOMATIC REPAIR
- Firstly, boot Windows from a bootable installation media and go on with Repair your computer option.
- The second step, you need to click at Troubleshoot, Advanced options and then Automatic Repair.
- Please wait until Windows Automatic Repair finished.
- Now, simply restart your computer.
METHOD 5: PERFORM SYSTEM RESTORE
Usually, Windows 10 setup turns off System Restore by default. If you have enabled the System Restore and created a system restore point beforehand, this method is the last resort you can take to fix Bad Image error.
- The first thing is to search for system restore in Windows 10. Then, click on “Create a restore point”.
- After that, you have to click “System Restore” and then select a different restore point and hit “Next”.
- Please follow the wizard to perform the system restore to get back to the system point where no Bad Image error occur.
METHOD 6: RESET WINDOWS
If the method above cannot fix the Bad Image error, now you are able to try resetting or reinstalling Windows by doing these steps:
- Click the Windows search box at the bottom left corner of Windows taskbar and then type Control Panel.
- After that, you need to click at the Control Panel app.
- Then, click at the Recovery.
- In this step, you have to click “If you’re having a problem with your PC, go to Settings and try resetting it”.
- On the Settings page, click at the Get started, under Reset this PC.
- If you want to your personal data, you have to select at the Keep my files. Select remove everything and follow the prompts to reinstall Windows.
BACKUP FILES BEFORE FIXING WINDOWS BAD IMAGE ERROR
We understand how it is annoying and disgusting to get a never-ending popup, that forbids you to launch any program on computer normally. No more tolerance for the Bad Image error. You have to fix the Windows Bad Image error immediately. But before you do that, it is absolutely necessary to back up your computer and ensure your data is secure. For your information, EaseUS Todo Backup Free is a free Windows file and system backup tool. It offers you to make backups of your important files or entire partition easily. Now, you are able to download and install EaseUS Todo Backup Free on your computer, where programs have difficulty in opening due to the Bad Image error. Please launch the software and follow the guide to make a full disk partition backup. It is a significant step regarding that a system restore is required for permanent deletion of the Bad Image error.
You have to connect your external hard drive or USB to your computer. Then, launch EaseUS Todo Backup and click Disk/Partition.
After that, you have to select the disk or partitions that you want to backup. Please click at Destination to backup storage location as an external hard drive (USB or Network). You are able to enter the Plan name and Description for specifying your disk and partition backup to your external devices.
Please click Proceed to perform the disk and partition backup.
REASONS FOR WINDOWS BAD IMAGE ERROR
Usually, you are going to see the error when you are launching an application fails due to corruption of some system files required to run the application perfectly. Here are the reasons which may corrupt system files and cause the Bad Image error:
- There is incomplete installation or uninstallation of software.
- Installation of defective Windows updates.
- Virus or Malware attack.
- Improper shutdown of the system.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…