Microsoft Paint is the default image editor which comes pre-installed with Windows 10. However, that does not mean it is a simple program. For instance, by using a few tricks you are able to turn image backgrounds transparent. Now, we are going to explain how to do that in the text below.
Apparently, there are two ways that you are able to do in making a picture‘s background transparent in Paint for Windows 10. The first way involves cutting out a foreground area in an image so that the rest of its surrounding background becomes transparent. Then you are able to paste the foreground over another image.
The second way involves removing an area from a picture so it is left with a transparent area that you are able to fill by adding a second background image layer. You will be able to add transparent backgrounds to selected foregrounds with the original Paint. But, that Windows accessory does not save transparent backgrounds so that you are able to combine images with layers.
Although, you are able to set up image layers with transparent backgrounds in Paint 3D. In the text below you are going to see how to make background transparent in both Paint and Paint 3D.
HOW TO MAKE TRANSPARENT BACKGROUNDS TO IMAGES WITH PAINT
- At the first step, you have to open Paint by clicking the Cortana button. Please enter the keyword Paint in Cortana’s search box, and then chose to open Paint.
- After that, you have to click File -> Open, and choose an image to open.
- Next, you need to press the Select button, and then click the Transparent selection option
- Please choose the Free-form selection option on the Select button’s menu.
- Track around a foreground area to maintain from the original picture with the cursor by holding the left mouse button.
- The rest of the picture left outside the tracked area is going to be a transparent background
- Now, you are able to right-click within the rectangle which appears around the selected area.
- In this step, you have to choose Cut on the context menu to delete the selected foreground from the picture.
- Afterwards, you have to open an entirely new image in Paint.
- Please press the Ctrl + V hotkey to paste the foreground area you tracked from the first image.
- Now, that picture has a transparent background, you are going to see the rest of the second image behind it.
- The last step, you only need to left-click the pasted foreground image, and drag it to a fit position on the background picture.
HOW TO MAKE TRANSPARENT BACKGROUNDS TO IMAGES IN PAINT 3D
Cutting the foreground out in Paint leaves a blank area in the original picture. But, that does not become a transparent region in the original picture once you save the image. Hence, the area cut out remains blank once you open the image and use layers in other image-editing software.
You have to remember that Paint 3D in Windows 10 save transparent areas in images. Although the app does not include a full layers tool, but you can also insert one picture on top of another so that it overlaps. This is how you are able to fill the transparent area left in one picture with a background layer image in Paint 3D.
- At the first step, you have to enter Paint 3D in Windows 10’s search box. If you have not had the Creators update, you are able to add the app to Windows 10 from this site page.
- After that, you are able to choose to open the Paint 3D app.
- Please click Menu -> Open -> Browse files, and then choose an image to open in Paint 3D
- Then, you have to press the Canvas button to open the sidebar shown directly below.
- The next step that you have to do is to click the Transparent canvas setting on the sidebar.
- Please press the Select button, and then drag the selection rectangle over an area of the image to delete.
- Do not forget to press the Ctrl + X hotkey to cut out the area from the picture. That leaves the picture with a blank transparent area which any background layer can fill.
- In this step, you have to click Menu -> Save as, and choose the 2D PNG option.
- Please enter a file title in the text box, and press the Save button
- Now, you have to click Menu -> New to open a blank canvas.
- Choose Menu -> Open -> Browse files, and choose to open a background layer image for the transparent picture you just saved.
- Please click Menu -> Insert, and choose to open the transparent image that you saved.
- The transparent image is going to open on top of the background layer.
- As you are able to see, now the background image layer fills the transparent area in the overlapping picture.
- You will be able to resize the overlapping picture by moving the cursor to one of the selection border’s corners, holding the left mouse button and then dragging the cursor.
- To rotate the foreground picture layer, simply hover the cursor over the rotation circle at the top of the selection border and hold the left mouse button. Please drag the cursor left or right to rotate the selected layer clockwise or anti-clockwise.
Well, this is how you are able to add transparent backgrounds to images with Paint. Next, you will be able to combine the transparent images with other pictures by pasting the selected foreground or overlapping them with layers.
ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO MAKE TRANSPARENT BACKGROUNDS TO IMAGES IN WINDOWS 10
Since it comes to digital graphics design, some programs have a more resounding name than Adobe Photoshop. Among lots of features that this program proud of, it is also able to help you in your effort to make transparent backgrounds.
This is thanks to the fact that Adobe Photoshop supports the utilize of image layers, offering you to overlap images for great effect. If you want to know how to make transparent background in Adobe Photoshop, you are able to follow the steps below:
- At the first step, you have to go to the Layers tab on the right-pane. Please right-click your image and choose Duplicate Layer.
- You have to ensure to hide the newly-created bottom image layer.
- After that, you have to choose the original picture in the Layers tab, and then choose the Magic Wand tool from the toolbar on the left pane.
- Now, you need to choose and mark the background in your image that you need to turn transparent
- Please click the Delete key on your keyboard
- In this step, you need to press File, and hit Save as…
- The last step, you are able to give your newly-created image a name, and save it in the PNG format.
Of course, this is only one of many software/tools and useful tricks that you are able to do in Adobe Photoshop. Therefore, if you are a graphics designer and want to add a bit of extra life into your photography, a tool like Adobe Photoshop is the right choice for you.
HOW TO MAKE A DRAWING IN PAINT
You are able to use some different tools to draw in Paint. The tool you are able to use and the options you choose determine how the line appears in your drawing. These are the tools you will be able to use for drawing lines in Paint. Here are these steps:
- The first thing that you have to do is to launch the Paint.
- On the Home tab, in the Tools group, you are able to click the Pencil tool.
- In the Colors group, you have to click Color 1, click a color, and then drag the pointer in the picture to draw.
- To draw using the Color 2 (background) color, you have to right-click while you drag the pointer.
HOW TO EDIT AN IMAGE IN PAINT
You may want to use Paint to add different shapes in a picture. Also, you may want to add your own text or message in your picture. Here is how to take a screenshot and crop a picture in Paint:
- At the first step, you have to open the page or window you want to print screen.
- After that, you have to press Windows logo key and Print Screen key together.
- The next step that you have to do is to open Paint app. Then, simply press Ctrl + V keys to paste the image to the Paint window.
- Lastly, you are able to use Crop to crop a picture so only the part you selected appears in your picture.
For note: Cropping allows you change the picture so only the selected object or person is visible.
HOW TO GET HELP FEATURE IN WINDOWS 10
Windows 10 has introduced Get Help feature which fix your issues in quick time. But, Microsoft offers many help options to Windows users. Frequently, you get common issues while you are using Windows 10 and look for help. Lots of Windows users do not know how to ask help in Windows 10 operating system. Now, we are going to show you quick access way on how to get help in Windows 10.
Use Keyboard Shortcuts
Windows 10 has an interesting way of asking for help. You are able to press F1 key to get some help on that section you are using. When you press F1 key, it is going to perform a search in the Web Browser. For instance, if you are in the File Explorer, it is going to seek help with File Explorer.
Use a get help app
Microsoft Windows 10 comes with several built-in Apps. Of course, Get Help app is one of them. Usually, it fix lots of your Windows 10 issues. Please follow the steps below to access Get Help app in Windows 10.
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to your Start Menu Button.
- After that, you are able to type Get Help and press Enter.
- The next step is to click on Get Help.
- This is going to connect you to “Virtual agent” of the Tech Support team.
- Say your issue in the Chatbox, it is going to try to fix it.
- For instance, if your issue does not resolve, now, you are able to request assistance in Person by typing “Talk to a Human”.
Help through Microsoft Support
You have an online chat as another option in Microsoft Windows. You may still have not found any answer or solution on the web to your issue. For this case, you are able to contact Microsoft Help and Support directly through Live Chat.
To do this, you only need to write Contact Support in Cortana and then tap into “Get help or Customer Support“. Then, a window is going to open which starts chatting with us. Now, you have to explain your issue with them. The system start to connects you to Microsoft Tech Support and then give you a perfect solution.
Use Get Started Application
Of course, this app is designed to give information. If you want to use this, you are able to type Get started and an App pops up. It primary explains the features of your windows version. Also, it gives some helpful tips.
Ask for Help over Call
Besides helping us through the Live chat. We can still request Customer Support for scheduling a call. Through the steps in the previous part, we are able to reach the Chat Window. There appears “Call me back” option. Please click on it. After that, we only have to enter our telephone number. Soon, they will call us.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…