You may get an issue when you want cross-play Among Us on iOS. As we know, cross-play features allow the players to play across platforms. Of course, that’s so normal if you get any troubles when you start playing Among Us through cross-play feature.
You’re an iOS user and the cross-play feature is not working to play Among Us, then, what will you do to solve it? In fact, not iOS users who get the cross-play issue, but almost every platforms’ users get the same problem. Then, how to fix it?
Don’t worry! In this post, we’re going to share some troubleshootings when you get the cross-play issues when you’re playing Among Us. Let’s see how to fix the cross-play issues on iOS?
How to Solve the Cross-Play Issues on iOS?
However, fixing the cross-play issues on iOS is pretty easy as long as you really notice what the causes for the issues are. Generally, the causes which lead to the cross-play issues occuring in iOS is the same as the cross-play issues in other platforms.
Due to Among Us can be played on iOS, of course a lot of players are trying to play this game in cross-platforms. Unluckily, some of them are getting the issues when they try connecting iOS platforms to other platforms. So here are some problem solvings that you can do to solve the cross-platform issues on iOS:
Solution 1: Fill the Room Code Correctly
The first issue which often happens in cross-play is that the players input the wrong room code. If it happens, we guess that they cannot be connected to cross-play. Well, if the problem is in the error input code, that’s an easy way to solve it.
You just simply resend the room code to your friends and then they have to re-input the room code that you have sent to them. Well, to avoid this issue, make sure that you send the correct room code and also your friends make sure to input your room code as correctly as possible. Well, if your friends input the correct room code, you actually will join a friend’s session.
Solution 2: Make Sure Your Internet Connection Good
In order to cross-play, the fluent and smooth internet connection is really needed for you. However, the bad internet connection will not lead you to connect to your friends’ room. Well, to connect to your friends’ room, you definitely have to send your room code to them. In sending the room code to your friends, that means you’re playing Among Us online. To play online, you really must have a good internet connection.
We guarantee if your internet connection is bad, you cannot play Among Us online even sending the room code to your friends. If it happens, you and your friends cannot be connected to join in the same room. So make sure your internet connection is getting good and smooth.
Solution 3: Free Up Your iOS’ Memory
Sometimes, an app is not launching when the device’s memory is full. So as with iOS, Among Us is not working as the iOS’s memory is getting full at all. To solve this problem, you actually can check your iOS’ memory first to see the memory usage.
If you see that your iOS’ memory is full, it’s time for you to free up iOS’ memory. To free it up, you definitely can uninstall any unnecessary apps on your device or you can clear cache some apps. Of course, if you clear your cache on iOS, you absolutely can free up memory.
At least, there are multiple basic ways that you can take to clear cache on iOS, they are:
- Clearing Safari browser cache
The first step that you can do to clear cache in iOS is starting from the Safari Browser. To note, if the cache has been cleared, the accounts on various websites will be logged out automatically.
- Firstly, you need to open the Safari Browser app.
- Then, go to the Settings menu and then to the Account & Passwords section
- Then, you can select Clear History and Website Data
- Once selected, you can immediately select Clear History and Data to confirm cache deletion.
- Clearing internal memory cache
The next cache that you should remove is in the internal memory. The way to do it is not hard at all as iOS has a quick and easy navigation to ease the users. Here they are:
- First, go to Settings and choose General Data.
- Then, tap Manage Storage menu,
- By choosing the Manage Storage Menu, the players will find a variety of data in iOS’ memory.
- Here, you need to choose unnecessary data by switching it to the left and Delete it.
- You can also choose Edit and Delete All to remove all data from unused apps.
Well, those are some ways that you can free up your iOS memory.
Solution 4: Clear Cache for Among Us Data on iOS
The crossplay not working on iOS can also be caused by too many caches on Among Us app. To solve it, you can try to clear cache Among Us App data by following ways:
At least, there are two basic ways that you can clear cache on iOs. First, by removing it manually and by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Here’s how.
- Firstly, you need to choose the Settings menu.
- Then, click on the General option, then click on the iPhone Storage.
- In the iPhone Storage menu, you will find your line of apps. The apps with the highest data will be in the top position. By clicking on one of these applications, you can see how much memory is being ‘eaten’ up.
- If you want to clear cache Among Us manually, you need to open it. Then, you just simply clear cache it.
If manual clear cache is too complicated and time consuming, you can uninstall and then install Among Us app again.
- You just simply click the menu on iPhone Storage, then Delete App at the bottom of the page.
- Download Among Us again by going to the Apple Store and then manually searching for it, or entering your “My Purchases” list.
Well, those are all ways that you can do to solve Among Us cross-play not working on iOS.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…