You may want to make a screen recording with sound because you need to explain something about how to use certain apps for your Youtube video. But, you do not know how to get a screen record on an iPhone with sound. You just know to do it without a sound. Here, we will give you the explanation.
Getting Screen Record on iPhone with Sound
If you want to get a screen record on iPhone with sound, there are two options. The first option is that you can record just the sound from your iPhone internal microphone or you can record the sound from your iPhone and also your external microphone. Below, we will explain to you about how to record both internal and external sound.
- The first step that you have to do is to slide up to be able to access the Control Center.
- Then, you have to tap and hold the Screen Recording button.
- You have to tap the red microphone icon to turn on the external audio.
- And now, you have to tap Start Recording.
- Getting Screen Record on iPhone with Sound
- How to Add Recording to the Control Center
- Fixing iOS 12/11 Screen Recording Not Working
- The Steps to Fix Screen Recording No Sound on iPhone iOS 12/11
- The Steps to Fix Screen Recording Not Saving on iPhone iOS 12/11
- The Steps to Fix Screen Recording Getting Hot on iPhone iOS 12/11
If you do not want your video to contain any outside noise and you just want the sounds from your iPhone, you can record internal sound only. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to slide up to access the Control Center.
- Then, you need to tap and hold or press firmly the Screen Recording button.
- In this step, you have to turn off the external audio by tapping the red microphone icon.
- And then, you have to tap Start Recording.
How to Add Recording to the Control Center
If there is no Screen Recording option in your Control Center, it means that you have to add it first. It is easy to add screen recording to the Control Center. You are able to follow the steps below.
- Firstly, you need to open your Settings and then you have to choose Control Center.
- After that, you have to tap on Customize Controls.
- Then, under More Controls, you have to tap the plus sign beside Screen Recording.
- Finally, you will see Screen Recording at the top under Include. You may see it at the bottom of the list, but if you want, you are able to drag to move it to a new spot.
Fixing iOS 12/11 Screen Recording Not Working
Sometimes, something that we do not expect happens. When we try to use screen recording, it may not work or it does not save the recording that we have created. So, here, we have some fixing methods that you can apply.
The Steps to Fix Screen Recording No Sound on iPhone iOS 12/11
If you find that there is no sound on the screen recording, you have to make sure that you turn on the Microphone Audio. To check it, follow the steps below.
- You have to go to the Control Center and then you have to find the Screen Record icon.
- After that, you have to press and hold on the Screen Recording button and you have to do this until there is a pop up with a Microphone Audio option.
- Here, the thing that you have to do is to tap on the Microphone icon to turn Audio on in red color.
If you have done it, but the screen recording still does not have sound, you are able to try to turn it off and on for several times.
If the method above cannot work, you are able to try to restart your iPhone. If you use iPhone 8/7, you can restart it by pressing and holding the Side button until the slider appears. After that, you have to drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. After about 30 seconds, you have to press and hold the Side button again until there is the Apple logo which appears.
If you use iPhone X, you are able to restart it by pressing and holding the Side button and volume button until there is the slider which appears. Then, you have to drag the slider to turn off your iPhone X. If it has already been about 30 seconds, you have to press and hold the Side button again until there is the Apple logo.
The Steps to Fix Screen Recording Not Saving on iPhone iOS 12/11
If you have stopped the screen recording, there will be a notification which tells you that the screen recording video has been saved to your Photos app. However, if there is not enough space, the screen recording will not be saved. If it is the case, you have to free up more space on your iPhone. You are able to do that by deleting files that you do not need anymore or you are able to transfer files from iPhone to PC.
If you choose to delete the unwanted apps of files, you can do it by accessing the Settings. Then, you have to go to the General and choose iPhone Storage. After that, you are able to delete unwanted apps or files that you want.
The Steps to Fix Screen Recording Getting Hot on iPhone iOS 12/11
When you use screen recording, you may find that your iPhone becomes too hot. Actually, it is normal if it is just hot when you are recording, playing games and watching videos. But, you can decrease it by following the steps below.
- You are able to stop some important heating apps such as games, Bluetooth, GPS service and videos. You can do this as long as you do not need these apps when you are recording.
- If your iPhone is charging, you are able to unplug it until you complete the screen recording.
Well, that’s all the steps for making a screen recording with audio. And even we also provide you the methods to do if there is something wrong with the screen recorder. Hopefully, it can help you. Happy recording.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…