For those who are looking for the way to activate the new iPhone Sprint with the same serial number, then you are in the right place. This guide informs you how to activate the new Sprint phone with the same number for use on the Sprint network. There are three parts of the guide. Please follow each of the steps in order and do not jump or skip the important one.
Part I: Preparing to activate
- Firstly, you will have to make sure that you have an account for your phone. If you are in the situation of switching to an iPhone or an Android phone, it is needed for you to set up the iCloud or Gmail account, respectively. Please set up before proceeding in case you do not have one.
- Then, remove the SIM card of the old phone. This step is a must if you want to use the same phone number on your new one as you used on the old one.
- If needed, you can back up everything from your old one to the cloud storage service or computer. Even if you currently have no plan to use the information on your old phone, it is always recommended to back up.
- After that, find the MEID or IMEI number of your phone. This kind of number can be found in the packaging or manual of the phone, if it is brand new. Another way to find it is by dialing *#06. On the iPhone it is also able to be found in the IMEI or MEID in the About menu in the General sections of the Settings app.
- If you want, you can also turn off iMessage.
Part II: Activating the replacement phone
- The first thing that you will have to do is to power down the old phone by pressing and holding the Power button located on the phone that you want to change and sliding right down the slide to power off the switch (iPhone).
- After that, install the Sim card of the old phone in your new phone. For those who want to use the SIM card of the old phone, please remove it from the old one and insert it into your new phone.
- Next, charge your new phone to 100%. Please plug your phone into its charger and leave it alone for about an hour depending on the previous charge of the phone.
- Then, open the Activate page of Sprint by going to https://www.sprint.com/activate in a computer web browser. Keep in mind that it cannot be opened on the web browser.
- The fifth step is to click Sign in to activate, the yellow button which is located at the bottom of the page.
- When you see something popping out, please enter your Sprint username and password into the Username and Password text boxes, respectively.
- After inputting them, do not forget to click the Submit button to open your Sprint Account page.
- You will have to scroll down and find the phone that you want to replace. The phone that you want to replace can be found in the section named About my devices of the Your Account tab.
- Then, click the Manage this device drop down box. This one is located right of the phone that you want to replace. Doing so will show up a drop-down menu.
- The next thing that you should do is to click Activate a new phone in the drop-down menu.
- In this step, you will be required to enter the serial number of your new phone, which is able to be found on the box of the phone or in the manual of the phone. It is also possible for you to be prompted to choose the new phone in case you purchased it from Sprint but you did not activate it in-store.
- Afterward, follow the action prompts that are displayed on the screen. It might be needed for you to input the ICCID or your SIM card. Everything depends on your phone and SIM card options. Then, you will have to follow any prompts to the Activation page, where Sprint will notify you when your phone has been activated.
- Finally, power on and set up your new phone. Once it is activated, you are allowed to turn it on and follow the on-screen prompts to add your account, set up Wi-Fi, or do anything.
Part III: Activating a new phone
- In order to activate the new phone, first of all, you will have to find the serial number of your phone. This one is usually found in the packaging or manual. You can also find it on the receipt if you got it from a Sprint dealer.
- The second step is to make sure that you know the MEID or IMEI number of your phone. By now, the number should be found already. This one is in conjunction with the serial number of your phone and will help you to identify your phone to Sprint.
- Don’t miss: Optimizing Performance of Camera App Features in iOS 14 Which Few People are Going to Use
- When you are sure about it, it is time for you to call the customer service of Sprint by using a different phone. The number that you need to dial is (888) 211-4727.
- Please follow the spoken prompts to reach out the service representative. These steps may vary, depending on the Sprint menu when you call. In this case, you should use the dial pad of your phone to navigate through the steps until you are able to manage to reach a representative.
- Once you succeed, ask the representative to activate your phone. You should be asked for your account information at this point.
- When you are asked, give them the requested information.
- In the end, you can turn on and set up your activated phone when the representative confirms that your phone has been activated.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…