Do you want to copy some files from your Windows 10 PC to iPhone? You are able to do that using a lot of ways. One of the ways that you can use is via Bluetooth. How to copy files from Windows 10 PC to iPhone through Bluetooth? You are able to read the explanation below.
Copying Files from Windows 10 PC to iPhone via Bluetooth
If you want to copy files from Windows 10 PC to iPhone through Bluetooth, you are able to do that by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 PC. You are able to do that by clicking on actions center notifications and then you have to find Bluetooth there. After you find it, you have to turn it on by clicking on it. Alternatively, you are able to access the Bluetooth by clicking on the Start menu and then go to the Settings. In the Settings, you have to click on Devices and then under Bluetooth, you have to move the slider bar to the right to turn it on.
- In this step, you have to turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone. How to do that? You have to swipe from the bottom to the top on your iPhone screen. By doing it, you will see the Bluetooth icon. You have to turn it on by tapping on it. Or, you can tap on the Settings and then choose Bluetooth. Then, you must move the slider bar to the right to turn on the Bluetooth.
- If you have turned on the Bluetooth on your PC and iPhone by following the steps above, the next thing that you have to do is to connect iPhone to PC via Bluetooth. When your iPhone detects your PC, you have to tap on your PC device. By doing it, it will send you a message to ask whether the passkey is matched with the one on your iPhone. If it is matched, you have to click on Yes. Then, when your iPhone is connected with your Windows 10 PC through Bluetooth, you are able to share files between them.
Troubleshooting Issues on Bluetooth
When you try to pair your phone to your PC, sometimes you may find issues. If it happens to you, you have to fix it so that it can work properly. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- When you try to pair the devices, but then you find an issue, you can try to fix it by pressing Windows key + Q on your keyboard.
- After that, you have to type: devices and printers which then press Enter.
- Now, you have to click on the Add Device and then choose your Bluetooth enabled device and click on Next. If your device is paired, it will be shown in the Devices and Printers window.
If you update your phone firmware or chipset drivers of your PC, it can solve issues with Bluetooth which does not work or pair with devices.
What Is Bluetooth?
As quoted from Lifewire that Bluetooth is a short-range wireless communication technology. It permits devices such as computers, mobile phones, and peripherals to transmit data or voice wirelessly over a short distance. The aim of this technology is to be able to replace the cables that usually connect devices but still keep the communications between them safe.
Bluetooth utilizes less power. Also, it costs less to apply than Wi-Fi. Due to its lower power, it makes it far less prone to suffer from or cause interference with other wireless devices in the same 2.4GHz radio band.
On July 6th, 2010, the Bluetooth 4.0 specification was officially adopted. This version has some features including low cost, low energy consumption, multi vendor interoperability and enhanced range.
Other Methods to Copy Files from Windows 10 PC to iPhone
Besides using Bluetooth to copy files from Windows 10 PC to iPhone, there are also the other methods. You are able to see them below.
Copying Files from Windows 10 PC to iPhone Using USB Cable
- If you choose this method, the first thing to do is to take out your iPhone USB cable which came with your iPhone when you purchased it.
- Then, you have to plug the large end to the PC device and plug the small end to the iPhone.
- If the iPhone is connected to the PC, there will be tips from the computer. Here, you have to unlock your iPhone and you will see the message ‘Allow this device to access photos and videos?‘. You have to click on Allow here. Is it your first time to connect your iPhone to this PC? If so, it must install a USB driver. However, Windows will automatically detect and install drivers for your iPhone. If you find that your iPhone is not recognized by Windows 10 PC, you are able to try to unplug the USB cable and then plug it again to your iPhone and PC for some times.
- Now, you have to go to Windows 10 PC and then click on This PC. You have to click on your iPhone under Devices and drives, open Internal Storage and then you are able to copy the files now.
Copying Files from Windows 10 PC to iPhone Using iCloud
- If you want to copy files from Windows 10 PC to iPhone using iCloud, you have to open your iPhone first and then tap on the Settings. In the Settings, you have to click on iCloud.
- Then, you have to sign in by entering your Apple ID password. You have to tap on iCloud Drive and then move the slider bar to the right. By doing it, you turn on iCloud drive to permit apps to store documents and data in iCloud.
- Now, if you have installed iCloud Drive in your PC, you can share files by opening its directory. If you do not want to install an iCloud drive on your PC, you are able to access icloud.com and then sign in with your Apple ID to copy files between your iPhone and Windows 10 computer.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…