On its site, Apple lists 1-800-MY-IPHONE as a phone number where you are able to get support for your iPhone in the United States. Phone numbers dialed from your iPhone should contain only numbers, so the Apple number does not look right.
Apple lists the phone number by using only numbers in parentheses after the 1-800-MY-IPHONE number, however lots of other companies do not.
Although you are able to dial a number manually, by converting the alphabet to numbers on the fly, you should not save the number with letters in your iPhone’s Contacts app.
How to Dial Letters on iPhone
Apparently, there are some steps that you have to do in dialing Letters on iPhone.
Here is how:
- The first thing to do is to tap the Phone icon to start the Phone app. The numeric dial pad appears on your screen.
- After that, you are able to locate the first letter of the phone number. Remember that each number corresponds to three or four letters which are printed under the corresponding number on the phone keypad. For instance: 2 represents “A,” “B” or “C.”
- Now, you have to tap the key which corresponds to the letter. For instance, tap 2 for letter A, tap 7 for letter P or you are also able to tap 5 for letter L.
- The last step, transform the other letters of the phone number to digits and then you are able to tap Call to call the number.
As you are able to view on the iPhone keypad, each number from 2-9 corresponds to 3 or 4 letters. That number is able to be any of those 4 or 3 letters. For example, dialing 1-800-555-APPL will be 1-800-555-2775. Actually, this is the same for all phones, not only the iPhone.
Changing letters to numbers
To enter letters on the dial pad, simply you are able to tap the dial pad entry field. Then the keyboard opens. Please use the keyboard to enter the numbers into the dial pad. Just tap Return to bring back the regular digit dial pad.
- Letter A for number 2
- Letter B for number 2
- Letter C for number 2
- Letter D for number 3
- Letter E for number 3
- Letter F for number 3
- Letter G for number 4
- Letter H for number 4
- Letter I for number 4
- Letter J for number 5
- Letter K for number 5
- Letter L for number 5
- Letter M for number 6
- Letter N for number 6
- Letter O for number 6
- Letter P for number 7
- Letter Q for number 7
- Letter R for number 7
- Letter S for number 8
- Letter T for number 8
- Letter U for number 8
- Letter V for number 9
- Letter W for number 9
- Letter X for number 9
How to Find Your Phone Number on iPhone
Although your phone number is given to you at the time of activation of your new iPhone device, it is also splendidly located in the iPhone’s settings and the Phone application. It is able to be edited in the settings window. Once your virtual business card (vCard) is accessed in the Phone application on the iPhone, you are also able to add additional contact information. While in the phone’s Settings you will be able to make a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your SIM card, as well as change your voicemail password.
- At the first step, you have to press the Home button, and then unlock the iPhone by swiping the lock-bar to the right.
- After that, tap the Settings icon on the screen and drag your finger up against the iPhone’s screen to scroll down to the Phone tab. Please tap the Phone tab. Your phone number is going to be displayed on the My Number tab.
- In this step, you have to tap the “My Number” tab to edit your current number, and also tap the “Save” button in the upper-right corner of the screen to save the new number.
- Afterwards, simply press the Home button on the iPhone, and then tap the Phone icon on your screen. Please tap the Contacts icon at the bottom of the screen. Next, tap the first letter of your name. Do not forget to tap your name to view your phone number.
- The last step, you only need to tap the Edit button to make changes to your contact information, and simply tap Done to save the changes.
- Don’t miss: How to Add/Remove SIM Card on iPhone 12
Useful keypad tips for iPhone users
- How to get the quick capital keys on an iPhone keypad?
Here is the simple way of saving a tap once you need to type a capital letter is to touch the Shift key, then slide over to the desired key. Also, this way works for the Number key.
- How to insert the punctuation keys on an iPhone keypad?
Simply, you are able to touch and hold the punctuation key and then you get a set of additional keys to select from.
- How to get the accented Letters, Umlaut Keys and other special characters on iPhone keypad?
You need to touch and hold the U key and then you get a set of additional keys to choose from.
- How to get the names of domains on your iPhone keypad in URL mode?
Once the keyboard is in URL-mode, where the .com key is available, you are able to touch and hold it pops-up additional options for quickly entering.edu, .net, and .org domains.
- How to get the full URL of your link iPhone keypad in URL mode?
You have to hold down your finger on a hyperlink while looking at a webpage and then you get a pop up notification showing you the full URL of the link you are about to click on.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…