You may want to block certain websites on the iPhone, but you want to do that without Restrictions. Are there any ways for this? Of course, there are. Below, we have some methods that you are able to apply for blocking websites on iPhone without restrictions.
Blocking Websites on iPhone Using Refrain
If you want to block websites on iPhone without having to access Restrictions on the Settings of your iPhone, then you have to use a third-party app. There are some apps that are available for blocking sites and one of them is Refrain. With this app, you are able to block the provided website URLs from your iPhone easily.
Below, we provide you the steps to use Refrain to block websites on your iPhone.
- The first thing that you have to do is to unlock the device and then you have to access the App Store. There, you have to download Refrain. For your information, it is compatible with all the devices which run on iOS 10.0 and later versions.
- If you have installed this app, then you have to tap on the Distracting Site List option.
- After that, the thing that you have to do is just to add the websites that you want to block. To be able to block websites on the iPhone, you just have to save your changes.
- Now, if you need to set a blocking schedule, you are able to access the Extras option. However, if you want to use this feature, you will have to pay for $0.99.
Blocking Websites on iPhone Using FamiSafe iOS Parental Control
What is FamiSafe? It is an advanced parental control and monitoring tool. You are able to use it to help you track the smartphone activity of your kids. On the device, you are also able to set restrictions.
If you use this tool on your iPhone, you will be permitted to monitor the device usage without even accessing it once. Besides, you do not have to jailbreak the device or do any unwanted process. Here are the things that you have to do to use this tool for blocking websites on iPhone.
- First, you have to go to the App Store and then you have to download and install FamiSafe on both parents and kid’s iPhones.
- After that, you have to register a FamiSafe account in the app. You may register on your phone or the phone of your kid. The similar account is applicable to both devices.
- In this step, you have to make some settings on the phones of parent and kid.
- Then, you have to connect and monitor the phones of your kid from your phone using this tool. It is important for you to know that FamiSafe is the most reliable parental control app that you are able to use for finding tracking, web filtering, app blocking, screen time control and more.
- Now, after you follow the steps above, you are just able to visit the dashboard of FamiSafe remotely from any computer or smartphone. From the control panel, you are able to access all of its features. Let’s say that you want to get a detailed view of the browsing history of the device, you can also do it here. Besides, you are able to block their access to any websites from here.
FamiSafe can also be used on Android. In case the target device is an Android, you are able to schedule restrictions and block any app remotely. However, you would have to access it in advance.
Blocking Websites on iPhone Using Site Blocker
With this third party iOS app, you are able to include the websites that you want to block. On the app, when you block certain websites, the user will not be able to access them on Safari. However, same as Refrain, your kids may be able to remove restrictions by uninstalling the app. However, this app can be used to block websites on iPhone in no time.
If you want to use this app for blocking websites on iPhone, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to download the Site Blocker app in the App Store on your device. For your information, this app is available for free and it is compatible with all iOS devices which run on iOS 10.3 and above versions.
- After that, you need to provide the URLs of websites that you want to block and then you are able to add them to the block list.
- In this step, you are able to go to its settings to access its advanced features. Let’s say that you want to set up a schedule or a timer for the website blocking, then you can do it here.
Blocking Websites From Network/ Router Settings
Another way that you are able to do to block certain websites is blocking those certain websites from the router or network settings. However, the restriction will only work when the device is connected to the Wifi so that they are still able to access the blocked websites by using mobile data.
If you want to use this method, you can try it because it is a free solution to block sites on iPhones. For your information, Netgear, Cisco, D-Link or even TP-Link provides a seamless way to be able to block certain websites. So, if you want, you are able to visit the router setting by using your credentials. Then, you are able to provide the URLs of the website that you want to block.
Well, now you are able to choose which method that you will use to block websites on your iPhone according to the options above. After that, you will be calm because even though your kids have phones, you have blocked the sites that you think that it is not good for them to access. With it, you are able to control the use of their phone so that they can enjoy using phones without having to access inappropriate websites.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…