CTF Loader is also known as ctfmon.exe. It is an important process in Windows 10. It handles lots of important tasks in Windows due to which CTF Loader is frequently running in the background.
While it works properly for most of use, some users have already reported high CPU usage because of this process. Such a problem is able to result in a poor Windows 10 experience as your CPU is being constantly used and other user programs will not be able to function properly.
Aside from that, high CPU usages can cause Windows 10 to hang or stop responding. Well, here we are going to share the fast way to disable the CTF Loader error in Windows 10.
- More info: How to Convert CRT to PEM Easily
IS IT SAFE TO DISABLE CTF LOADER IN WINDOWS 10?
As we know that the CTF Loader is an important process in Windows 10. But you are able to disable it safely without losing significant features of Windows 10. Please remember, if you disable the CTF Loader for any reason, a next Windows update may return this process to its original default state. Also, if you come across something which instantly stops working after you have disabled the CTF Loader, then chances are high that this process is the reason behind it. You should enable it back
HOW TO DISABLE CTF LOADER IN WINDOWS 10?
If this process is having some errors, it may result in high CPU usage. When this process is using all of the available CPU power, you will not be able to perform other tasks on your computer correctly. For this case, you are able to try disabling the CTF Loader in Windows 10 until Windows Updates fixes the error. Apparently, there are some methods to disable the CTF Loader error in Windows 10. It is In the text below, you will be able to see those methods.
DISABLE THE CTF LOADER USING SERVICES UTILITY IN WINDOWS 10
The services utility offers the user to edit multiple settings and options related to all the services running in the background of your Windows 10 PC. You are able to use it to search things like startup type, start or stop services, and much more.
Similarly, it is also able to be used to change the properties and settings of the ctfmon.exe which is the process name for CTF Loader. It means that if you want to disable CTF Loader in Windows 10, you are able to do so by using Services as shown here:
- At the first step, you have to press Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open Run in Windows 10. Please type msc and click on ok to open the Services utility in Windows.
- When you are inside Services, you have to locate Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service in the list of Services.
- After that, you have to right-click on it and open its
- Inside its Properties, you are able to go to the General tab and choose Disabled using the drop-down menu next to Startup type and click on OK to save your settings.
- Lastly, you have to reboot your computer. Afterwards, the CTF Loader will be disabled successfully and will not be launched unless you manually execute it.
DISABLE CTF LOADER USING TASK SCHEDULER IN WINDOWS 10
Task Scheduler is another useful utility discovered in Windows 10. It offers you to schedule different tasks in Windows. So, you will be able to change startup settings of different processes in your computer.
Even, you are able to use this for changing settings related to CTF Loader that allows you to disable it. If you want to disable CTF Loader in Windows 10 using Task Scheduler, you have to follow these steps below:
- Please use Windows Search to Run Task Scheduler as an administrator on your computer.
- Use the left side panel menu to navigate to Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows- > TextServicesFramework.
- After that, you are able to choose MsCtfMonitor and click on the Disable option from the right side panel menu inside the Task Scheduler in Windows 10.
- After you have done that, please restart your computer that will disable the CTF Loader on your computer.
DISABLE CTF LOADER PROCESS VIA TASK MANAGER IN WINDOWS 10
If you do not want to permanently disable the CTF Loader process in your Windows 10, you are also able to terminate it. This can be done via the Task Manager in your Windows 10. Please follow these easy steps below:
- Firstly, you have to press Windows Key + X on your keyboard and choose Task Manager.
- Then, you have to go to the Processes tab after clicking on More Details to see a list of all the processes running on your PC
- After that, you are able to click on CTF Loader to choose it and click on End Task which will terminate this process
We have already explained that this process is inbuilt into Windows, which means that it is clearly not a virus. However, some antivirus programs may detect this process as a virus. This occurs when a virus has the same name as CTF Loader.
In such a case you need to check whether the CTF Loader process in your PC is signed by Microsoft or some other source. You are able to do this easily by following these steps below:
- First, you are able to press Windows Key + E on your keyboard to open Windows Explorer.
- Then, you have to navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and look for the exe file.
- Now, right-click on it and open its Properties.
- Next, you are able to go to the Details tab and ensure that it says Microsoft Corporation. If it says something else, it is most probably a virus process and you have to delete it from your computer using any antivirus software.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…