Here’s to Solve the Issues Related to igfxtray.exe!
Well, if you get a warning prompt when you start your computer, it means that there is something wrong with igfxTray.exe. As we have explained above, the igfxTray.exe may contain a virus or malware that can harm your computer.
Well, the only great way to solve the issues related to igfxTray.exe on Windows 10 is to disable the program from Startup. So, here’s how to disable it:
Method 1: Using System Configuration
The Startup tab on the System Configuration will display a list of all the processes to run any app on your computer. In case you want to disable igfxTray.exe, you can use the service of system configuration to stop igfxTray.exe which pops up on the window when you start opening Windows. Let’s do it!
- Firstly, go to Run (press the Windows key + R )
- Then, type “msconfig” and hit the Enter button.
- Choose the Startup tab and then Open Task Manager.
- Locate igfxTray and then right click on it. Choose Disable.
- Now, you can close the tab.
- Last, restart your PC to check if the igfxTray app automatically will not be executed.
Method 2: Using Registry Editor
If the first method cannot solve the issue related to igfxTray.exe, you surely can take the second method. To disable the igfxTray.exe process, you definitely can use the Registry Editor. Here, we will guide you to delete the entry of igfxTray.exe from Run and force it to not pop anymore.
In this case, the Registry Editor is a powerful and effective tool to remove incorrect keys that probably render your computer unusable and induce further problems on your computer. Let’s follow some steps to disable igfxTray.exe using Registry Editor!
- Firstly, you have to press Windows + R to open Run
- Then, type “regedit” and hit Enter.
- Once you are in the Registry Editor, you can navigate to the following file path like this: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
- You have to delete the entry “C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe”.
- Now, you can restart your computer.
After all, deleting the entry through the Run service will ensure you that the process does not start when your computer is starting.
Method 3: Using Windows Defender
Indeed, Windows Defender automatically will keep the process on the protected list and stop it whenever one scans the computer. Just taking this method, you are sure that the process does not have any sort of antivirus or malware. Here’s how to use Windows Defender to disable igfxTray.exe process:
- Firstly, go to the Windows button.
- Then, type Windows Security Settings and click on it.
- Select the Open Windows Defender Security Center button.
- Then, choose Virus and threat protection option.
- Under Virus and threat protection settings, click on Manage Settings.
- Here, you have to scrawl down, then click on Add or remove exclusions under Exclusions heading.
- Choose + Add an exclusion and then select Folder.
- Ensure that the process is shown in C:\Windows\System32\igfxTray.exe before you add the exclusion.
To note, you actually need to use only the name of the process, full pathname or put a star in the expansion space of the program. After you restart your computer, you have to check if the current issues related igfxTray.exe have been resolved.
Issues or Any Error Related to igfxTray.exe
Indeed, igfxtray.exe may drive some issues causing unwanted error messages. Either for Windows 7 , Windows 8, or Windows 10 users, they may receive any errors like these:
- GfxUI has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem
- igfxTray Module has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Meanwhile for Windows XP users, the error message may like these:
- igfxTray Module has stopped working.
- A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
- Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
However, those errors can be solved by simply re-installing the graphics driver. But, various problems may appear if the computer is infected with a virus or malware.
You have to know that Trojans probably camouflage as the authorized files. So, if there are any issues related to Igfxtray.exe, of course you should be aware that legitimate processes can be found in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Here, you can take the anti-virus or malware software to clean up your computer from any damage.
You may also wonder how to know whether the igfxTray.exe is authentic or not. From this way, you definitely have a right to check the process. In this case, there are numerous viruses or malwares apps that can disguise themselves under the name around your computer which can harm your computer.
Somehow, the process has to be in the right system directory and must have a verified digital signature. Let’s find out how to check if igfxTray is authentic or not!
- First of all, you have to right-click on the app in the Task Manager and then choose Properties.
- You can look out for the location of the executable “C:\Windows\System32” on the General tab. You automatically will recognize the location of this executable file is one of the essential things that will guide you to indicate the fake program.
- Now, you have to select the Digital Signatures tab. All the signatures can be seen here against whom the application is signed.
- In this way, you can see the file size of igfxTray.exe on Windows 10 is about 376 Kb on the average menu.
The valid process will get by both the checks. If you get both, it means that the process is causing no harm to your computer.
What is igfxTray.exe?
Igfxtray refers to Intel Graphics System Tray Helper Icon. Moreover, igfxtray.exe is a software component which is developed by Intel Corporation for the module Intel Common User Interface. The process generally comes on your computer as part of the Graphics Media Accelerator Driver which is shipped along with Windows drivers for Intel and NVIDIA graphics cards.
You actually will see an icon of igfxTray on the taskbar notification tray when you access the Intel Graphics Configuration on your computer.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…