You may ever receive a file with .caj extension. Then, you do not know how to open, edit and convert it after you get it. Well, to open the .caj file, you certainly will need a certain program which is appropriate with this file extension. Then, do you get the same problem too? Don’t worry! We’ll guide you to open the .caj file with CAJViewer.
How to Open CAJ File with CAJViewer
The primary thing that you need to recognize after you receive the .caj file extension is to look for the suitable program that can allow the file to open. Here, one of the appropriate programs that can be used to open the .caj file is CAJViewer. With CAJViewer, it is possible to open, view, edit and convert the .caj file between any file formats.
So, here’s how to open CAJ file with CAJViewer:
Step 1: Download CAJViewer Program from Official Site
First thing first, make sure that you already know the sites of providers to download this program. The CAJViewer program can be downloaded from http://cajviewer.cnki.net/download.html. Once you are at the page, you will find CAJViwer 7.3 Download button. To download it, you just simply click on it and the program will be automatically downloaded and stored on your computer.
Indeed, you may find it difficult to explore the site of CAJViwer because this page is available in Chinese. Well, to ease you exploring the site, you will need to change or translate the page to English or your language. But, if you just want to download it from this page, the icon of Download button will be displayed and you’ll be aware easily. So, just simply click it to start downloading this program.
Step 2: Install CAJViewer Program on Your Computer
Once you’ve downloaded the CAJViewer program from the official site, it is a great time for you to install it on your computer. Like many programs, to install this program on your computer will be the same with them. So, here are the ways that you can do to install the CAViewer program on your computer.
- Go to the Download folder to find the list of programs or files that you recently downloaded.
- Once you find it, double-click on it to start installation and hit the Run button or you can right-click and choose Run as Administrator option.
- The installation window will appear, here you just need to follow the installation process until it finishes.
- Last, the CAJViewer Program will be automatically shown on your desktop.
To note, the CAJViewer program may also be available on Chinese when you open it after the installation process finishes. To ease you open the .caj file, it is recommended for you to find the .caj file on your library first than you open the CAJViewer program first.
Well, to open the .caj files with CAJViewer program will be explained in the next step.
Step 3: Open the CAJ files with CAJViewer Program
After the installation process is successfully completed, it means that you can start to use this program to open the CAJ files with it. So, follow the steps below!
- First, go to the folder where the .caj file is located.
- Then, find the .caj file you want to open.
- After you find the file, double-click on the file.
- Then, a drop menu will show that allows you to select a list of the programs to open with.
- Choose one of the programs.
- Because you want to open a CAJ file with CAJViewer, of course you have to select the CAJViewer program from the list.
- Click on it to confirm it.
- Please with the program to launch it.
- Then, view the format.
- Last, you can save it if you really want to keep it.
Well, those are the simple ways that you can do to open the CAJ files with the CAJViewer program on your computer. It is your turn to try opening the CAJ files with CAJViewer by following the steps above. Make sure that you do not miss a step from.
What is CAJ Files?
The CAj file is primarily related to CAJViewer which is available in Chinese language similar to Adobe Acrobat Reader. This file is also developed by CNKI (Chinese National Knowledge Infrastructure). The .caj file is a file extension which is used in Chinese academic journals. You will find the .caj file type format in China Academic Journals full-text database definition which is linked to the program information.
If you receive a file with .caj extension, it means that you must have a program which is capable of opening this kind of file.
Here are the additional information about the CAJ file:
- Type description: China Academic Journals full-text database (Available in Chinese website and the translation cannot work).
- Program to open the File: CAJViewer (Microsoft Windows)
The CAJ file is created with this Viewer which is similar to a PDF File. Here, you can only use the CAJViewer to open or edit the .caj files. The CAJ file contains text from a published article including annotations, citations, authors and the other data related to the article.
Those are the following databases produced by the ‘Associate This’! program. Here are they:
EXEFile: %ProgramFiles%\TTOD\CAJViewer 5.5\CAJViewer.EXE %1
EXEFile: C:\XPB-Book\TTOD\CAJViewer 5.0\CAJViewer.EXE %1
How to resolve any problems with the CAJ files?
Of course, you probably will get any problems related to the CAJ files. So, here are some solutions that you can take if you get any problems with the CAJ files:
- Update the software which should actually open a full-text database. You can look for the software to update on the manufacturer’s site after an available CAJViewer update as the only way to get the latest the CAJ file format.
- If you are a Windows user, you can right-click on the CAJ files, click “Open With” and then “choose another app”. Here, you can choose another program and check the “Always use this app to open *.caj files” box.
- Ensure that your CAJ file is not virus-infected or corrupted files. To check it, you can get the file again and scan it with Google’s virustotal.com.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…