See that your Windows 10 PC showing ‘Your Windows license will expire soon’ error? If so, you do not worry about that as here we are going to share some methods to fix and remove that error.
Method 1: Perform A Manual Reactivation
- Firstly, you have to open Command Prompt with admin privilege. Then, click on the start menu > right click on the Command Prompt and then choose “Run as Administrator”
- After that, you are able to type slmgr -rearm command in the command prompt. Then, press Enter key to run this command. Simply click the OK button once Command completed message successfully. Just restart your system.
- After rebooting the system, you have to navigate to the Activation pane in the Settings app. Please click on the Change product key button.
- Next, you are able to type your licensed unique product key to activate your computer and then you are going to see that the error is solved.
Method 2: Use Windows License Management Service
- Firstly, you must type services.msc in the search box.
- After opening services.msc window, you have to Disable or Stop two services. First is Windows License Management Service and another is Windows Update.
- Please search for the Windows License Management Service in the service.msc window.
- In this step, you have to disable this service, just double click on it to disable and stop this service.
- Afterwards, discover Windows Update and disable it.
- You have to double click on it to disable and stop this, windows update service.
- Lastly, reboot your Windows 10 PC.
Method 3: Use Activation Troubleshooter
If your system run on Windows 10, so you are able to go with the Activation Troubleshooter to find the error and fix it automatically. The Microsoft Activation Troubleshooter is really useful. You have to run this troubleshooter and all of the update error are get solved automatically.
Here are steps to Run Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter:
- At the first step, you have to go to the Settings app and then Update & security -> Activation.
- In this window, different activation errors are listed which preventing your system to activate.
- Now, you are able to click on the Troubleshoot option to launch an Activation troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter will be able to detect the issues automatically and then solve the necessary settings accordingly.
- After the troubleshooting is finished, simply close the troubleshooter.
Method 4: Locate Your Product Key By Using Command Prompt
First, you need to find the product key of your system by using the command prompt. Please follow the below steps carefully:
- Please run the command prompt with admin privilege.
- After that, you are able to execute the below command:
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
- Executing this command can display your OS’s product key. Just write it down and save it at a safe place.
- Now, you need to go to the Settings app by pressing Window Key + I. After opening the Settings app, simply go to the Update & security section.
- Next, click on the Activation option present at the menu on the left side. Then, click on the Change product key.
- At last step, type the product key which you saved. Click on the Next button
The steps above will help you to activate your system and the error message can be solved.
Method 5: Use Task Manager
- At the first step, you have to open the task manager, press Ctrl + Alt + Del and choose the Task Manager.
- After opening the Task Manager, you are able to go to the Processes tab and search for the Windows Explorer, please right-click it and choose End Task.
- The next step that you have to do is to click on the File and choose New Task.
- Now, you are able to type the explorer.exe and press Enter key.
Afterwards, you need to execute the below command on the Command Prompt to complete this process.
- Please open the command prompt with the admin permission. To do that, simply you are able to press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, please type slmgr –rearm and press Enter key to run this command.
- Lastly, reboot your system.
Method 6: Changing Your Group Policy
To change the system’s Group Policy, you are able to follow the below steps carefully:
- The first steps is to open the run dialogue box by pressing Windows Key + R.
- In the run box, you are able to type gpedit.msc and press Enter key.
- In the left pane, now you have to go to the Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update.
- At the left pane, please double click on the No auto-restart with logged on the users for scheduled automatic updates installations.
- Just select Enabled and click on the Apply and OK to save all the modifications.
Method 7: Reset your Windows 10 PC
In order to fix the error: Your Windows License will expire soon on your PC, you are able to try to reset your PC. To do that, just follow these steps below:
- Firstly, go to the Settings app by pressing Windows + I key.
- After that, go to Update & security -> Recovery and click on the Get Started button.
- A popup is going to appear for selecting how you want to carry on with the reset.
- You are able to select to save all your files (Keep my files) or erase everything (Remove everything).
- Choose Keep my files to save your files and program data.
- Afterwards, click on the Next. Windows 10 system will be able to reboot and reset your PC by removing all the programs and their registry entries.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…