Totally to the popular beliefs, housing is known as the most valuable thing in the game called Final Fantasy XIV or FFXIV. Everyone with a house can considered themselves an elite due to the fact that obtaining a house is not easy. Aside from its price, another thing that makes obtaining a house not easy is the rare opportunities.
Having a house gives you a lot of benefits. These benefits include easily gilling using gardening, having hundreds of options to decorate your house and garden, and having a chance to stable your chocobo to train it, and many more.
There are plots in the game that are usually owned by the players. If you want to purchase a house, the only thing that you can do is to wait for the auto-demolition process to take effect for the players that are no longer active. It is stated that a house will be demolished when it has not been entered by the owner (the player) for 45 days. Once it has been auto-demolished, it will be available for the others to purchase.
If you are thinking of investing in a house, you will need to check if a plot was auto-demolished and has become available for purchase. Then, how can you tell that a house is available to purchase? Is there any tracker that can track the housing availability?
For those who are wondering about the existence of the housing availability tracker, apparently, there is no such a thing in Final Fantasy XIV or FFXIV. If you want to check it, you can just go to each city and then check each main city with housing district and then look for vacancies. The best bet for you to get a house is in 30 days after 5.4. The reason is because there will be a lot of demolished houses that should show up. Instead of 30 days, some sources also mention the best bet is in 45 days. Once again, there is no other way for you to check the housing availability other than going to each city and then checking the status of each war at the aetheryte.
If you want to get a house in Final Fantasy XIV or FFXIV, here is the complete guide to follow:
- The first thing that you have to do is to complete the quest. For those who have no idea which quest, it is the one that offers the access to the district of your choice. There is a possibility to get a house in the Mist (Limsa Lominsa) The Lavender Beds (Gridania), The Goblet (Ul’dah), or Shirogane (Kugane). If you are interested in buying land in Shirogane, it will be needed for you to also complete the main scenario quest Not without Incident, the one that is set at the beginning of the Stormblood expansion.
- After completing the quest, it is time for you to go to the officer of the district of your choice.
- Then, interact with them and choose the Go to specified ward. (Review Tabs) option.
- The next thing that you should do is to check every ward and its subsections in order to see if there is an available plot.
- You can tell that a plot is available to purchase if there is a price in white instead of the name of the owner. If it is the case, please click on the ward number and then go to the location of the plot.
- When you reach there, click on the placard and verify that it is available for purchase. Due to a hidden timer, it usually will not be available immediately. To be the first one to buy it, you will need to click as fast as possible. Please try your best to beat a group of people who are waiting at the front of the placard. However, it is not always the case. If you find no one at the front of the placard, you can consider yourself lucky.
- If you have successfully purchased it, you will get a notification saying that the land is acquired. From this step, you will be able to start building the house.
Before purchasing anything, it is worth noting that building a house requires you to purchase a land and doing so requires you to have at least one class at level 50. Not only that, you will also need to hold a rank of second lieutenant or above in a Grand Company.
If you are a newbie, it is better for you to try and buy a small plot in the Goblet (Ul’dah). It is recommended because it is the less sought after district and it is also the cheapest one that you can get. Even if you do not prefer the location, there is still a chance for you to relocate your house to your favorite district.
If you fail to get the house that you want but you want to get into the furnishing aspect of the game and get your personal aspect, you still have a chance to use a Free Company house. Every member of the company has a chance to obtain a room inside the house, costing them 300,000 gil. While the place is not big, it is still worth it as you are still able to invite your friends to come and start turning it into something interesting.
Compared to getting a house, getting an apartment is easier in the game. However, it is more expensive. If you want to get one, you will need to spend 500,000 gil. Owning an apartment is the same as owning a room in the house of your Free Company. You are suggested to get an apartment instead of an Free Company private room as the latter will disappear if it is subject to auto-demolition due to inactivity. In addition, it may also be a good idea for you to share an estate with your friends up to three.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…