Apparently, Halo Infinite has some problems with the crashing, stutters, lags, graphical glitches, etc that can affect your gameplay experience badly. If you are one of the victims then ensure to check out the possible reasons and solutions below to fix it.
Why Does Halo Infinite Crash on PC?
With regard to computer gaming, it seems that most PC titles come bundled up with several problems. This particular problem may occur due to corrupted or missing game files, outdated Windows OS build, outdated game version, problems with the antivirus software, problems with the background running tasks or programs.
Also, it could be possible that the windows system is not considering the game process to run properly because of the other consecutively running processes. Aside from that, the problems such as having DirectX 11 installed instead of 12, installing an old version of Windows 10, utilizing outdated graphics drivers for AMD/NVIDIA GPUs, running overlays in the background, running games in the full-screen mode, overclocked CPUs, and so forth will be able to cause many issues with the game crashing, not starting up properly, lagging heavily, stuttering, freezing, and so on.
How to Fix Halo Infinite Crashing on PC?
Here we are going to share solutions for you. So, without wasting any more time, let us jump into it.
- Check System Requirements
Checking out the compatible system requirements for the particular game is always a better thing before jumping to any conclusion. If your PC configuration is not meeting the system requirements properly then you would experience crashes or lags or other errors in the game while launching or during the gameplay. Thus, you have to ensure whether your computer hardware is compatible enough or not.
- Update Graphics Drivers
It is important to update graphics drivers on your Windows system to run all the programs smoothly. Here are steps to do that:
- Firstly, right-click on the Start Menu to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Then, click on Device Manager from the list.
- After that, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Now, right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Please choose Update driver > Select Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, automatically it is going to download and install the latest version.
- Once done, you have to ensure to reboot your computer to change effects.
Also, you are able to download the latest version of the graphics driver manually and install it directly from the official site respective to your graphics card manufacturer. Nvidia graphics card users are able to update the GeForce Experience app via the Nvidia official site. While AMD graphics card users are able to visit the AMD website for the same.
- Try to Force Windowed Borderless Mode
You also have to try to force run the game via windowed borderless screen mode rather than the fullscreen mode. To do that:
- Firstly, Open Steam, go to the Library and then right-click on Halo Infinite.
- Now, you are able to click on Properties > Click on the General tab > Go to Set Launch Options.
- Here, you have to type this command-line argument -windowed –noborder on the field.
- Please restart the Steam client to apply changes.
- Update Windows
Updating Windows OS build is crucial for PC users as well as PC gamers to reduce system glitches, compatibility problems and crashes.
- Please press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- After that, click on Update & Security > Choose Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, you are able to choose Download and install.
- It will take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, simply you are able to restart your computer to install the update.
- Close Background Running Tasks
Running tasks or programs on unnecessary background can eat up many system resources like CPU or Memory usage which will reduce system performance. Thus, the startup crashing, lagging, and not loading errors appear frequently. Now, simply, you are able to close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely.
- Please press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- Then, click on the Processes tab > Click to choose tasks which are unnecessarily running in the background.
- After that, you are able to click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, just restart your system.
- Run the Game as an Administrator
Ensure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege problems. Also, you have to run the Steam client as an administrator on your PC.
- Firstly, you have to right-click on the Halo Infinite exe file on your PC.
- After that, choose Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Ensure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Now, click on Apply and choose OK to save changes.
- Set High Priority in Task Manager
You are able to make your game priority in the higher segment through the Task Manager to tell your Windows system to run the game properly. To do that:
- Firstly, you have to right-click on the Start Menu > Choose Task Manager.
- After that, you are able to click on the Processes tab and then right-click on the game task.
- Now, you have to choose Set Priority to High.
- Please close the Task Manager.
- Lastly, run the Halo Infinite game to check if it is still crashing on PC or not.
- Reinstall DirectX (Latest)
You have to try reinstalling the latest version of DirectX from the official Microsoft site on your PC. In this case, you only need to download and install the DirectX installer package and run it. Warning: You will need DirectX 12 or above to run the Halo Infinite properly.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…