Some Xbox users reported that they faced ‘the Person who bought this needs to sign in’ in Xbox including Xbox Series X. Some of them face this error message when they try to play the Halo Infinite game.If you are one of the people who face this, you surely want to fix it and here is how to fix this error according to Appuals site.
It is important for you to know, on that site, these methods are fox Xbox One. However, you can try it for Xbox Series X who knows that it can help to fix the issue. If not, you can ask other Xbox Series X users or contact the customer service.
You Have To Verify The Status of the Xbox Live Services
The first method that you are able to try to fix this error is to ensure that the issue is not beyond your control. According to some different users, this issue can also happen if the Xbox Live Core Services are currently down. It can be they are in the middle of a scheduled maintenance period or the service probably is facing an unexpected outage period.
Previously, this error has occurred and usually it will be able to be fixed automatically in several hours. If you think that the problem is caused by a non-functional service, you can check the status of all Xbox Services.
If you find that the Xbox Live Core Services are down, then this problem is not in your control which means that you cannot fix anything. The thing that you have to do is to wait for Microsoft to fix this issue.
However, if you find that the Xbox Live Core Services are okay where it can operate normally, but you still face the issue, you can try the next method below to fix it.
You Have to Set the Console as ‘Home’ From License-Holding Account
This issue can also happen if you are not the owner of the gaming license where there is a different account which is now signed into your console and this account holds the right to it. If this is the reason for this issue, the only way that you can permit you to play the game from a different account is that you need to set your Xbox as the Home Xbox from the license-holding account.
Do you know how to make your Xbox One console as the Home Xbox for the license-holding account? Here are the steps that you can take for setting this.
- The first thing that you have to do is to sign in with the account that is holding the license to the game giving you this error.
- After that, you have to hit the Xbox button so that you are able to open the guide menu.
- Then, from the guide menu, you need to access System and then choose Settings. After that, choose Personalization and then you have to choose My Home Xbox.
- In this step, from the next menu, you need to choose Make This My Home Xbox. So, by choosing this option, it will make the console as the home Xbox for the account that is currently signed in.
- After you set the console to the Home Xbox for this account, now you have to sign in with your account and the error should be gone.
If you have applied the method above, but you find that you cannot get rid of the ‘This person who bought this needs to sign in’ error, you can try the next method below.
You Have to Log in Again to Your Account
This error can appear because of a network issue. There are some users who have been facing this error from time to time and they reported that when they sign out and then sign in again, it can solve the issue. However, even though this method can fix the issue, it is important for you to know that this solution is only temporary and this error may be able to come sometimes in the future. If you want to try this solution, here are the steps for you to follow.
- The first thing that you have to do is that you have to hit the Xbox button so that you are able to open the guide menu on Xbox One. After that, you have to select Sign in and then choose Switch profile.
- Here, you have to sign in with a different profile or log out of your current profile.
- After that, you have to press the Xbox button again to open the guide menu and then you have to choose Sign In. Now, you have to choose your account to log in back.
And now, you can launch the game which previously made you get “The person who bought this needs to sign in’ error.
You Have to Power Cycle Console & Restarting the Router
Another method to fix the ‘Person who bought this needs to sign in’ error is to power cycle the console and then restart the router.
- The thing that you have to do is to press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or more. You can keep pressing the button until you see that the LED stops flashing.
- After the console is powered off completely, then you have to turn your attention to your router. You can press the restart button or the Power On button twice. Another way is to physically disconnect the power cable connected to the router and then you have to wait for several seconds. It is important for you to note that make sure you do not confuse the Reset button with the Restart button. If you press the Reset button, it will destroy your current network credentials and return any user preferences to the default.
- After the router has been restarted, then you have to turn your console back On and you can do that by pressing the Xbox button on the console once again.
- After the startup sequence is complete, then you have to open the game which was previously showing the error.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…