When you come to this page, you may want to find out some information about Halo Infinite memory leak. Well, let us discuss it here. Make sure you are going to read the whole article to get information you need.
Halo Infinite Memory Leak
Recently, there are many players of Halo Infinite who talk about Halo Infinite Memory Leak. As a player of Halo Infinite, what do you know about this case? If you search for information related to this case from your choice browser, there you are going to see that many Halo Infinite players who said that they got crash when they launch the game. On Twitter, there is a user who posted that Halo Infinite is reported to have a memory leak now. Also, he said that it made crashes the game to his PC with no error message displayed.
There is a user who said that he has been experience memory leaks while playing the game. It was about every three games or more. Although messing around with the video options, he has found a solution; at least it works for him. When you notice your frames drop, you are able to go into your video settings. Then, set your resolution scale to 200%. The next step that you have to do is to confirm the option and go back into your current match. After several seconds, please go back to video settings and set the resolution scale back down to 100%. Just wait several seconds and your FPS will back up to 80 FPS.
Also, according to the report, there is mention of a temporary game freeze which appears to be due to a memory leak, according to the report. The report said that a few times during the gameplay, Halo Infinite freeze briefly for no reason. It looks like a crash, only the game comes back up and works fine after several seconds.
Fixing Halo Infinite Crashing on PC
Talking about a temporary game freeze which appears to be due to a memory leak, now we are also going to share how to fix Halo Infinite crashing on PC.
Here are some methods to fix Halo Infinite crashing on PC:
Method 1: Check System Requirements
Checking out the compatible system requirements for the game is always a better thing. If your PC configuration is not meeting the system requirements, then you will experience crashes or other errors in the game while launching or during the game. So, you need to ensure whether your computer hardware is compatible enough.
Method 2: Update Graphics Drivers
It is very important to update graphics drivers on your Windows system for running all the programs smoothly. Here are steps you have to do:
- At the first step, right-click on the Start Menu to open the Quick Access Menu.
- After that, click on Device Manager from the list.
- Then, double-click on the Display adapter category to expand the list.
- Please right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Next, select Update driver > Select Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it is going to download the latest version automatically.
- Once done, you have to make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
In addition, you are able to download the latest version of the graphics driver manually and then install it directly from the official site respective to your graphics card manufacturer.
Method 3: Try to Force Windowed Borderless Mode
You are also able to try to force run the game via windowed borderless screen mode rather than the fullscreen mode. Here is how to do:
- At the first step, you have to open Steam, go to the Library, then right-click on Halo Infinite.
- After that, click on Properties > the General tab > Go to Set Launch Options.
- Here, you need to type this command-line argument -windowed –noborder on the field.
- The last step, you only need to restart the Steam client to apply changes.
Method 4: Update Windows
Updating Windows OS build is very important for PC users and PC gamers for reducing system glitche and crashes. Here are some steps to update Windows OS.
- Firstly, you are able to press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Then, you have to click on Update & Security > Choose Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, you will be able to select Download and install.
- It will take several times to complete the update.
- Once done, you are able to restart your computer to install the update.
Method 5: Close Background Running Tasks
Running tasks on unnecessary background may eat up many system resources like CPU or Memory usage which will reduce system performance. Therefore, the startup crashing and not loading errors appear frequently. Now, you are able to close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely.
Here are steps to close background running tasks:
- At the first step, you have to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager.
- After that, you are able to click on the Processes tab > Click to choose tasks which are unnecessarily running in the background.
- Then, you are able to click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, simply restart your system.
Method 6: Run the Game as an Administrator
Another method, you have to make sure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege problems. You must also run the Steam client as an administrator on your PC.
- At the first step, right-click on the Halo Infinite exe file on your PC.
- After that, you are able to select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Now, click Run this program as an administrator to run the game exe file as an administrator.
- Lastly, click on Apply and choose OK to save changes.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…