In the Fortnite Season 7, it takes the alien invasion theme. From this theme, players know new things every day. Related to the extraterrestrial theme, players are required to find infected animals in the new week 4 challenge. Where to find the infected animals in Fortnite for completing this challenge? Let’s find the answer here.
Locations of Infected Animals in Fortnite For Week 4 Challenge
In the week 4 challenge in Fortnite Season 7, players are required to find infected animals around the map. But of course, we have to know the location to find the infected animals in the map of Fortnite.
The infected animals that can be found include wild boars, wolves, frogs and chickens. You have to find only one of them to be able to complete this challenge. It is important for you to know that these infected animals spawn at some locations randomly.
- Where to Find Infected Chickens
Infected chickens can be found near one of the mini-spires which spread across the island. It is important for you to know that they are not offensive so that you are able to hunt them down easily by using any weapon that you want. You can also use loopers to find these infected chickens near a farm. Two of locations to find chickens easily on the map are Pleasant Park and Corny Complex.
- Where to Find Infected Frogs
Same as the chickens, the infected frogs are also not dangerous so that you will not be attacked by them in the game when you find them. If you want to find them, you are able to visit any place where there is a puddle or a lake or any water body. Some locations that you can visit to find infected frogs are places near Lazy Lake or Misty Meadows.
- Where to Find Infected Boar
You are able to find infected wild boars near any forest area or farmland such as Pleasant Park or Colossal Crops. However, wild boars are not like chickens and frogs which are harmless. Wild boars can attack you. Nevertheless, you are able to tame them with the help of veggies.
- Where to Find Infected Wolves
If chickens and frogs are not dangerous at all and wild boars are dangerous, but can be tamed, wolves are the most aggressive ones. They will be able to attack you if you are close to them. You are able to find them in packs of two or three. To find wolves, you are able to go to the area between Holly Hedges and Believer Beach.
If these infected animals have been found by you in Fortnite Season 7, the next thing that you have to do is to shoot at the body of the animal. Make sure that you do not shoot at their head. It is because if you shoot at their head, the alien parasite will die. You can use a gun or melee weapon to shoot the animal. Note that after the parasite gets detached from the creature, it will jump onto you if you are close enough. So, it is recommended for you to stay away from the animals and hunt them from a distance.
It is important for you to know that you can tell if the animals are infected by the blue or purple colored parasite which is stuck on its body. According to PCGames N, animals can only appear in Duos, Solo, Trios, and Squads modes. It means that they will not appear during Team Rumble mode. It also seems that they do not appear in any of the gimmick LTMs.
Taking Off Parasite
You may find that you have the parasite which is attached to you. If so, you have to remove it and there are some methods for removing it. You can jump into a body of water to remove it. Then, the parasite will detach itself from you when it gets wet. Another method that you can use for removing parasites is to jump into a campfire or get attacked by opponents. It is because parasites do not like fire and gunfire so that if they are struck by fire or gunfire, they will detach.
About Alien Parasites in Fortnite
If you hear that there are gurgling sounds, it means that there is a parasite on the head of the animal nearby. If you shoot at the animal and you do not kill it, it will lay alien eggs. Then, when a gunshot or a pickaxe disturbs it, it will hatch into an alien parasite. Then, if that parasite is close to you, it will latch onto your head as explained in PCGamesN.
So, it is important for you to know the things about being infected by these alien parasites.
- Note that your health bar will be chomped until it reaches 60. This damage ignores shields so that you are able to be shielded fully when you are infected.
- When you are infected by the parasite, you will get a buff to movement speeds and an increase to the height of your jump.
- Let’s say that your parasite is shot. The thing that will happen is that it will take damage first rather than your head. Their health is low so that they will die because of shots.
- If you get into water, it will detach. You will not get lost health, but you are able to be infected again by waiting around for it to re-attach itself to your head.
Week 4 Challenges in Fortnite
Finding infected animals is one of the challenges in week 4 Fortnite. There are some other challenges in this week as you are able to see from the list below.
- You have to deal damage near an Abductor (0/1000).
- You have to destroy hiding places (0/3).
- You have to destroy Objects at Retail Row, Lazy Lake, Pleasant Park or Holly Hatchery (0/5).
- You have to experience low gravity with Alien Nanites or on the Mothership (0/1).
- You have to hunt an infected animal (0/1).
- You have to travel in a saucer (0/1000).
- With a saucer tractor beam, you have to abduct an opponent (0/1).
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…