When you launch Fortnite, you might get surprised when you see your V-Bucks disappear. In this kind of situation, you might be wondering what is actually happening to you right now. Besides, you might also feel blank and do not know what to do. So, why did your V-Bucks disappear?
There are some possible reasons that make your V-Bucks disappear. One of the possible reasons is that because the platform that you used to purchase V-Bucks is different from the one that you are currently used to playing Fortnite and to check your V-Bucks. For instance, you purchased V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch and you are currently using Xbox One to play Fortnite and to check your V-Bucks. If it is the case, it is normal that your V-Bucks disappear because Nintendo Switch does not support the Fortnite Shared Wallet. If you purchased them on Mac and you are currently using Xbox One to play this game and to check your V-Bucks, then you will be able to see your V-Bucks. In other words, they will not disappear. Here are some examples to make you understand everything better:
- Example 1: After purchasing 1,000 V-Bucks on PC, you will be able to see that 1,000 V-Bucks are available on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and Android. As for the Nintendo Switch, it will display 0 V-Bucks available.
- Example 2: After purchasing 1,000 V-Bucks on Nintendo Switch, you will be able to see that 0 V-Bucks is available on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and Android. As for the Nintendo Switch, it will display 1,000 V-Bucks available.
- Example 3: After purchasing 1,000 V-Bucks on PlayStation and earning 500 V-Bucks from unlocking Battle Pass tiers, you will be able to see that 1,500 V-Bucks are available on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and Android. As for the Nintendo Switch, it will display only 500 V-Bucks available.
In order to check if it is really the case, you are suggested to launch Fortnite on the platform that you used to purchase V-Bucks and check if your V-Bucks are there. If it is not the case, you can try to quit Fortnite and then relaunch it and see if your V-Bucks are still disappeared. If there is nothing changed, you might also want to try to uninstall Fortnite and then reinstall it again and see if the issue is still there. If no one is working, the best thing that you can do is to contact the Epic Games support. How do you contact Epic Games support?
There are a couple of ways to contact the Epic Games support. One of the most popular is to send a ticket. If you are interested in trying this method, check out the following guide to be able to do that:
- The first thing that you should do is to go to the official website of Epic Games at https://www.epicgames.com.
- When you arrive there, click Help that is able to be found at the top left of the page.
- Not only that, you can also go directly to the Epic Games help page at https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/customer-service.
- When you are there you will be able to see a list of products to choose from. All that you need to do is to click the product that you are currently having an issue with. If you want to ask something about Fortnite, you can just click on that listing. By following the step, the individual help sections will be loaded.
- In the next step, browse the FAQs to see if the question that you are about to ask has already been addressed. On the help page, you will have to find through the questions for the game or service that you chose to see if they are close to the issue that you are currently having.
- If you find the answer of the question that you are about to ask, there is one, click on the question to be able to find the way to fix the issue.
- If you do not find anything, you will have to click Contact Us located in the top right corner.
- By clicking that, a form will show up.
- Upon displayed with a form, pick the system or console that you are having the issue with from the dropdown menu on the form.
- Make sure to also provide your personal information in the text boxes, including your name and your email address. Remember that it is important for Epic Games support so that they can contact you about the issue when they find the answer.
- After giving the personal information, write your issue in the text box on the bottom of the form.
- In the end, you can submit the form and wait for an email from the customer support.
Please wait for the response as it might take Epic Games some time to give you one.
If you think that the method above is too long and too complicated, another alternative that you can try is to contact them through social media. For anyone who has a Twitter account, you are suggested to tweet at Epic Games. In case you do not want the other people to know about the issue, you can try to send a private message instead of sending a tweet. To be able to send a private message, you must follow the Epic Games Twitter account. Since there is a limit of 280 characters long for both tweet and message, make sure to explain the case as clearly and as short as possible. If you have a Facebook account, you can contact Epic Games through their Facebook account. To ask them something, you can just write a public post on their page. Not only that, you can also click Message to send them a private message. In addition to everything, you might also want to consider using Instagram. If you want to contact Epic Games on Instagram, you can slide down a message. To be able to do that, the first thing that you have to do is to look for their Instagram account. Then, click the Message button to send them a private message. Feel free to write anything that you want to ask and see if you get a reply.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…