In the game called Old School Run Escape, the term rune pouch is used to call an item that is able to store 16,000 of three kinds of runes with the exception of the ones found in the Nightmare Zone. As a player, you are allowed to cast spells using the runes stoned in the pouch so a rune pouch saves inventory space. Feel free to take it to Entrana, since runes are allowed by the monks.
There are several ways to purchase the rune pouch. The first one is to purchase it from a slayer master. If you choose this way, you will have to pay for a 750 slayer reward point. Besides, you can also purchase it from Justine’s stuff for the Last Shopper Standing for 75 Last Man Standing points. Another way to get it is by purchasing a rune pouch note for the same cost or from another player, which is able to be exchanged at any bank for a rune pouch.
You are able to talk to the magic combat tutor in Lumbridge if you want to change an option. This one will make it possible for the runes to be placed directly into the rune pouch after pickup, as long as there is a stack of that run already in the pouch with enough space in it for the new ones.
The rune pouch will be lost if you die while carrying a rune pouch in the Wilderness or in a PVP world. The case is different if it has been locked through the use of a trouver parchment. In addition, the rune pouch will be destroyed if you die in PVP.
Rune Pouches Details
- Released Date: September 25, 2014
- Members Only: Yes
- Alchemy: Cannot be alchemized
- High Alchemy: Cannot be alchemized
- Low Alchemy: Cannot be alchemized
- Destroy: The replacement is able to be bought from the Bounty Hunter reward shop.
- Store Price: 1,200,000 points, 1,250 Slayer reward points (Emblem Trader)
- Weight: 1 kg
- Drop Rate: Unknown
- Drop From: Unknow
- Examine: You are able to store runes in here.
- Seller: Justine’s stuff for the Last Shopper Standing
- Location: Last Man Standing lobby
- Number in stock: Infinite
- Restock time: N/A
- Price sold at: 75
- Price bought at: N/A
- Members: 1-star
- January 27, 2020: Slayer masters now temporarily sell the rune pouch with the price of 1,200,000 because the Bounty Hunter is temporarily being disabled. However, it is only available for non-Ironmen.
- November 21, 2019 (update): Trouver parchments are now able to be used as the effort to protect the rune pouch.
- November 14, 2019 (update): The cost of a rune pouch from the Bounty Hunter Shop has reduced from the original 75 to 15 points.
- November 7, 2019 (update, poll): Slayer masters no longer sell the rune pouch to get coins and the slayer reward points cost has been decreased from 1,250 to 750.
- October 24, 2019 (update): Slayer masters now sell the rune pouch for 1,500,000 for a while due to the upcoming Bounty Hunter changes. It is only available for non-Ironmen.
- November 15, 2018 (update, poll): Each player is now able to buy a rune pouch from a Slayer master for 1,250 Slayer reward points.
- August 9, 2018 (update): Rune pouches are now able to be taken into the Glarial’s Tomb and the Koschei fight if there are no runes.
- August 17, 2017 (update, poll): Each player is now able to talk to the magic combat tutor in order to decide whether they want the runes on the ground to automatically be stored in the rune pouch or keep it in the inventory when picked up.
If you try to store the rune pouch while the storage interface is open, there will be a message appearing in the chat box saying to not be silly.
Apart from rune pouch, there is another one related to Bounty Hunter. This one is called a looting bag. Looting bag can be described as the kind of storage item with the ability to hold up to 28 items or stacks for the items such as runes or arrows. Apparently, the items are able to be only kept inside while in the Wilderness, and they can only be stored if they are able to be traded.
The thing called a looting bag can be earned easily as a drop from any monster in the Wilderness, with the aviansies as the exception. You are not able to pick it with Telekinetic Grab. Aside from that, each NPC that spawns in the Wilderness while doing Treasure Trails such as double agents are also able to drop the looting bag. The third way is to purchase it at Justine’s stuff for the Last Shopper Standing for 1 Last Man Standing point. Another option is to purchase a looting bag note from the players or the Grand Exchange, which is able to be exchanged at a bank for a looting bag.
For your information, the drop rate of the looting bag depends on the combat level that the monster has. There is a 1/15 chance of the one that has a combat level of 10 or lower to drop the looting bag, while those with level 50 or higher have a 1/3 chance.
If you want to know the usage of the looting bag, these are for you. As a player, you have a privilege to use the Open option, the one that makes each item that can be traded to be picked up straight into the looting bag while in the Wilderness. Once you have looted the items that you want, it is time for you to use the Close option to have items go into the inventory instead.
When the items on a closed bag are used, you will be asked how many of them that you want to store. If you want the bag to always store as many items as possible, you might want to use the Settings option to set it.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…