In the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6, you have to investigate the downed black helicopter. This is one of the challenges of Foreshadowing. To be able to complete this challenge, you need to know where to go and how to complete it. Here, we have the guide for you to follow.
Where to Go to Investigate the Downed Black Helicopter
You are able to find the downed helicopter in the woods to the west of the Guardian Spire. It is on an island in the southern lake which is directly north of Misty Meadows. When you glide down from the Battle Bus, you will be able to find the downed helicopter easily because of the tracks it’s crash has created in the dirt.
It is better for you to land at a distance from the downed helicopter. By doing it, it will permit you to see whether any other players are trying to visit it at the start of the match.
How to Investigate and Tune the Downed Black Helicopter
After you go to the location that we have explained above and then you find the downed black helicopter, the thing that you have to do now is to investigate and tune its radio. How to do that? You have to interact with the helicopter. By interacting with the helicopter, there will be options the same as those you get from NPCs to appear on screen.
In the options, there will be a plus and a minus sign. The thing that you have to do is to push them until you are able to find the messages on the helicopter’s radio which can be red. You are able to mark your progress. You can do that by how much of the message is seen on the screen. If you find that a word vanishes, after you have pressed an option, you have to hit the opposite one.
According to Euro Gamer, you have to hit these options which appear to be random. They complete this challenge by choosing the plus sign three times and minus once. However, some other players have only had to hit plus and then minus. The transmission will change to a full message highlighting the words ‘India Oscar’ and ‘Opsec Level 3’.
When you do this, it will not take you very long to tune the radio. After you complete the challenge, you will get some bonus XP that can boost your battle pass. The XP that you can get is 24,000 XP.
There are some videos about investigating a downed black helicopter in Fortnite that you are able to watch on Youtube. Here are some videos that you can watch.
- A video of HarryNinetyFour entitled Investigate Downed Black Helicopter Location – Fortnite which was uploaded on May 25th, 2021. The length of the video is 1 minute and 9 seconds and it has been watched more than 199k times.
- A video of InTheLittleWood entitled Investigate Downed Black Helicopter Location – Fortnite which was uploaded on May 25th, 2021. The length of the video is 1 minute and 22 seconds and it has been watched more than 362k times.
- A video of Perfect Score entitled Investigate Downed Black Helicopter (1) – Fortnite Foreshadowing Quests which was uploaded on May 25th, 2021. The length of the video is 30 seconds and it has been watched more than 131k times.
- A video of Bodil40 entitled Investigate Downed Black Helicopter Location – Fortnite Foreshadowing Quests which was uploaded on May 25th, 2021. The length of the video is 1 minute and 47 seconds and it has been watched more than 5k times.
- A video of Comrad3s entitled Investigate Downed Black Helicopter Location in Fortnite – Foreshadow Quest which was uploaded on May 25th, 2021. The length of the video is 1 minute and 7 seconds and it has been watched more than 36k times.
About Foreshadowing Quests
Foreshadowing is a questline in Fortnite Battle Royale. It went live on May 25th, 2021 at 10 AM EST. There are five challenges in Foreshadowing Quests in Fortnite Season 6. Those are listed below.
- You have to repair damaged telescopes. (5)
- You need to investigate the downed black helicopter. (1)
- You have to use CB Radio. (5)
- You have to place warning signs at crop circles. (5)
- You have to destroy spooky TV sets. (5)
You have to go to the specific locations to find all five CB Radios, Crop Circles or Helicopter. However, to complete challenge of repairing damaged telescopes and destroy tv sets, it seems that there are some of them that you can find near to your location in any match.
All of the Foreshadowing Quests can be completed easily if you play it in Team Rumble mode. It is because if you choose to play in Team Rumble to complete these challenges, there will be fewer players in the similar locations who are trying to complete the challenges. So, you will be able to respawn if you are eliminated while you are working on your quests.
How to Repair Damaged Telescopes
As you can see from the list of Foreshadowing Quests above that the first quest that you have to do before you investigate the downed black helicopter is to repair telescopes. If you want to complete this challenge, the first thing that you have to do is to collect the materials needed. When you do this, it is better if you can save your time and avoid other players.
In this challenge, you only have to repair five telescopes. However, because of the distance between most of the telescopes, it may take you multiple challenges to complete. How to repair a damaged telescope in Fortnite to complete this challenge? The first thing that you have to do to repair a damaged telescope is to collect 20 metal. You are able to collect metal by destroying any metal object on the Fortnite map. However, you need to note that your material stock resets at the start of the match. It means that if you have 300 pieces of metal in the previous match, you will have zero in the next.
Totally, you have to gather 100 pieces of metal to be able to complete this challenge. Because the damaged telescopes are spread out across the map, you cannot complete this challenge in one match. So, you must gather metal multiple times.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…