When you turn on your computer, you may find that there is cmd which pops up again and again. When it happens, of course it is annoying since it makes you not focus on your work. Are there any ways that we can do to fix this error? Well, there are some methods that you can try to apply to stop cmd which pops up.
- More info: Rt64win7.sys BSOD Fix Error Message
Running A Clean Boot
If you want to stop cmd which pops up on your Windows, you are able to clean boot Windows 10. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below. But first, if you want to perform this method, you have to log on to your computer as an administrator.
- The first thing that you have to do is to click on Start and then you have to search: msconfig and after that, you have to choose System Configuration.
- After that, the thing that you have to do is to click on Services on System Configuration and then click and choose Hide All Microsoft services. After that, the thing that you have to do is to click on the Disable All.
- In this step, you have to click on Startup on System Configuration and then click on Open Task Manager.
- Here, you have to choose each startup item on Startup and then you have to click on Disable and then close Task Manager.
- Now, you have to click on OK on the startup tab of System Configuration and then you are able to restart your computer.
- After doing it, your computer will be able to work properly again which means that there will be no CMD window which pops up anymore.
What is SFC? It is known as System File Checker and it is able to be used as a tool to scan all of the important Windows files on your PC and fix them if it is needed. One of the causes of cmd being popping up is missing or corrupted system files such as DLL files. So, to be able to fix it, you are able to run SFC. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to press Win + R and then you have to type: cmd and then click on OK so that it will open Command Prompt.
- After that, you have to type: sfc /scannow and then press Enter.
- After the scanning process is done, you have to restart your computer and then check whether the cmd issue has been gone or not.
Repairing Bad Sectors and Cleaning Up Virus
If there are bad sectors in the system partition or it gets infected by unknown virus or malware, cmd will not be able to work well so that cmd may pop up randomly. If you want to fix this issue, you are able to do that by repairing bad sectors with partition manager freeware and cleanup virus by applying anti-virus software in PC. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open EaseUS Partition Master on your computer. After that, you need to find the disk and then right click the partition that you want to check and select Check File System.
- After that, in the Check File System window, you have to keep the Try To Fix Errors If Found option selected and then click on Start.
- Now, the software will start to check your partition file system on your disk. When it is done, then you have to click on Finish.
- In this step, you have to download and run anti-virus software on Windows PC and clean up all virus or malware which causes CMD unusually popping up an error.
- After running anti-virus software, you are able to restart your PC and then see whether the issue still appears or not.
Installing the Latest Update
If you have applied the methods above, but no one works, you are able to try to install the latest update. How to do that? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to install the latest updates in Windows PC.
- After that, you need to restart the Windows system to fix corrupted files.
- Now, you need to open the Command Prompt window and then type this: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and then you have to press Enter.
- Then, you have to wait for the process to complete and then you have to run: sfc /scannow command and then press Enter.
- After that, you have to reboot your computer and then keep all changes. You are able to see whether cmd pops up randomly and error is fixed or not.
- Don’t miss: FIX corregir error srv.sys
Creating A New User Account
If a user’s profile is corrupted, cmd may not be able to work properly. So, you are able to try to create a new user account to check whether cmd can work or not. How to do that? You are able to see the steps below for creating a new user account.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Run dialog by pressing Win + R. And then, you have to type this: control userpasswords2 and click on OK.
- After that, you have to click on the Add under Users tab on Users Account window.
- Here, you need to click on ‘Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended)” and you can find it under How will this person sign in the window.
- Next, the thing that you have to do is to click on Local Account on the next window and then Choose a username and then click on Next and then choose Finish.
- Choose the newly created user since the previous User Account window remains on the screen and then you have to click on Properties.
- Click on the Group Membership and then choose Administrator, choose Other and then choose Administrator.
- At last, you have to click on Apply and then click on OK.
Then, you can check if the Command Prompt has stopped popping up or not.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…