Use Color Management to define different color profiles to different display devices, making a uniform color experience across all of your devices. Usually, Windows handles this on its own, however you are able to install and assign a custom color profile.
HELP WITH COLOR MANAGEMENT IN WINDOWS 10
Many things require to be considered when selecting the right colors for your painting works. You have to apply the right color profile so that the final work will look excellent. If your monitor has the accurate colors representation, it is going to make your work look professional and clean. This is extremely important for those involved in various professions like photography, video professionals, game building, and animation. The final work may not look like other designers, but it should look professional no matter what. If you utilize the right colors everything will be fine. Then, your work will take on a professional look. Color management in Windows 10 is regarding selecting the right color profiles for your images and other works.
5 METHODS TO OPEN COLOR MANAGEMENT IN WINDOWS 10
Method 1: Open Color Management via Search
- Please input Color Management in the bottom-left search box on desktop.
- Then, simply click Color Management on the list.
Method 2: Open Color Management via Command Prompt.
- At the first step, you have to access Command Prompt.
- After that, you are able to type colorcpl.exe and press Enter to launch Color Management.
Method 3: Open Color Management via Run.
- Use Windows + R to show Run.
- Then, you are able to input colorcpl and tap OK.
Method 4: Turn Color Management in Control Panel.
- Firstly, you have to open the Control Panel.
- Please type color in the top-right empty box, and select Color Management or Change advanced color management settings for displays, scanners, and printers.
Method 5: Open Color Management through Windows PowerShell.
- At the first step, you have to start Windows PowerShell from the Start Menu.
- Then, you are able to input colorcpl and tap Enter.
WHAT IS A COLOR PROFILE?
As we explained above that Color management in Windows 10 is regarding selecting the right color profiles for your images and other works. Now, we are going to explain what a color profile is. It is a set of information which provides instruction to the computer system on how the colors in a graphic work should appear on your screen. You will only can see the colors as they are intended by the manufacturer provided you are viewing which color or graphic work using the right device for which it is intended, like cameras, scanners, printers, and monitors.
Windows 10 shows colors in the most interesting manners in an attempt to create them look perfect when viewed on Windows 10 operating systems. You may experience the issue of inaccuracy in colors if the computer is not correctly configured using the right color profile. Sometimes, the issue may include the colors looking washed out or off on the screen.
HOW TO GET COLOR MANAGEMENT PROPERLY IN WINDOWS 10?
In order to make sure Color Management properly in Windows 10, you have to find the right colors profile on your computer. Usually, the manufacturer is going to include the right color in the driver on that disk included with your monitor, that are described as ICC or ICM files.
Easily, you are able to extract the installed colors profile from the disk by using the disk drive if you have it. If you do not have the disk, you are able to download the ICC or ICM files from the site of the manufacturer. If you are looking for the right color profiles for your monitor, simply you are able to follow the steps below:
- Please visit the support site of the monitor’s manufacturer. Lots of popular monitor manufacturers have support sites including Acer, ASUS, LG, BenQ, Samsung, HP and eleven Dell. Usually, accessing their sites should not be difficult.
- Once you are on the site, you have to find your way to the download section of the site.
- Next, you are able to search for the latest driver for your monitor by using the model number on the monitor.
- When you find it, please download the package to your computer. Usually, the package is going to be saved by using thee .zip or the .exe file extension.
- Afterward, you are able to double click the file which you have downloaded.
- You are going to be shown a direction on how to extract the content of the file on your screen. Now, you only need to follow the instructions to the letter.
- Then, you have to open the folder and look for the .icm file in it among the other files. This.icm file will be able to take the color profile of your monitor.
- After completing the steps above, finally you are able to go ahead to install the correct profile on your monitor.
HOW TO INSTALL THE RIGHT COLOR PROFILE FOR YOUR COMPUTER
After you downloaded and extracted the files, you should get it installed on your computer and you are able to get the installation done by using the Colors Management tool. In the text below, we are going to share how to get the installation.
- Please navigate to the Start Menu on your Windows 10 computer. Then, click on the Start menu
- After that, you have to look for Color Management and click to open it.
- Then, you are able to click on the devices tab.
- A drop-down menu is going to open. Please look for the monitor for which you want to install the right color profile. If you are having a multi-monitor setup and make sure regarding the particular monitor which you want to update, simply you are able to click on the Identify Monitors button to pick the right monitor.
- The next step, you need to check the box against Use my settings for this device.
- Please click on the Add button.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Associated Color Profile page and click on the Browse button.
- Please navigate to the folder which contains the profile you extracted. Do not forget to double click on the .icm file for getting the new colors profile installed on your monitor.
- Lastly, click on the Close button to resume the installation.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…