You may find that you are not able to play Fortnite season 4 on your device if your device is iOS. Or, you may have heard that Apple is blocking Fortnite. So, can we still play Fortnite on iOS? If so, how to download it now? We have collected some information about it from some online sources such as MacWorld and Epic Games websites.
The Steps to Download Fortnite on iPhone
According to Macworld website, if you do not have a copy of Fortnite on your iPhone, but it has been installed in the past, it is easy to download the app again even though Apple has removed it from the App Store.
- The first time that you have to do is to open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Then, the thing that you have to do is to tap the Account icon. It usually shows your Apple ID profile photo or Memoji.
- In this step, you have to tap All Purchase > My Purchases to access a list of all the apps and games that you have ever downloaded.
- Now, you have to search for Fortnite. You can do this by using the search bar.
- After that, you have to tap on the download icon to download Fortnite again.
How to Get Fortnite on iPhone If You have Never Download It
It is important for you to note that the method above will only work if you have downloaded Fortnite previously. But, what can we do if we want to play Fortnite on iPhone, but we have never downloaded it yet. It is possible for you to get Fortnite on your iPhone if you link your account to someone else’s via Family Sharing. If your family member has downloaded the app in the past, and your accounts are linked by Family Sharing, you will be able to download the app to your iPhone.
How to set up Family Sharing? As explained on Macworld website, here are the steps to set up Family Sharing.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access the Settings app.
- After that, you have to tap on your name so that you can access your Apple ID settings.
- The next thing that you have to do is to tap on “Set Up Family Sharing…”. However, if you have got the service set up, it will just be written Family Sharing.
- Now, you have to choose Purchases Sharing and then you have to make sure that it’s turned On.
- Also, you will need to add a payment method. It is important for you to note that if you are setting up Family Sharing and enter your card details, you will pay for all the downloads on all the Family Sharing accounts.
- In this step, you have to go back to the App Store.
- Then, you have to tap on your name icon.
- After that, you have to tap on Purchased.
- Then, you have to tap on your Family member’s account.
- Now, the thing that you have to do is to search through the apps and find Fortnite.
According to Macworld, Fortnite will not disappear from your iPhone which means that it will remain on your iPhone. The possible thing is that if there are bugs, it may stop the app working in the future.
The Issue About Apple has blocked Fortnite
According to Epic Games website, Apple is blocking Fortnite updates and new installs on the App Store and has said that they will terminate Fortnite’s ability to develop Fortnite for Apple devices. So, the effect is that the Chapter 2 – Season 4 update (v14.00), did not release on iOas and even Mac on August 27. However, if you have downloaded Fortnite through the App Store, you will be able to continue playing Chapter 2 Season 3’s v13.40 update.
With this issue, is there any impact to our game? You will be able to play the v13.40 version of Fortnite. However, you will not be able to access any new content on the Chapter 2 Season 4 Battle Pass. You can still buy cosmetics across platforms, but it is important to note that there are no cosmetics added after the v13.40 version which will show as available in your iOS Locker if bought on a different platform.
How about gifting? iOS users will not be able to receive gifts of items that were released after v13.40 including the Chapter 2 Season 4 Battle Pass and cosmetic items which were newly released. If you want to redeem gifts of newer items, you need to log onto an alternate platform that has access to v14.00.
As also explained on Epic Games website that iOS players cannot complete new challenges including Quick Challenges required for Derby Dynamo or specific Style Challenges for Harley Quinn. Game modes such as Arena, Battle Lab, Duos, Party Royale and LTMs are now disabled on iOS.
On Epic Games website, it is also explained that if you want to play Fortnite, you can play it by using the other ways namely through other devices such as on PC, PlayStation, Xbox or Nintendo Switch. Can we play Fortnite on Android? You are able to play Fortnite on Android and you are able to access the latest version of Fortnite from the Epic Games app for Android on this link here or this link here.
You may also wonder whether you can get a refund if you have spent money on Fortnite and cannot access your purchase because of the Apple retaliation. Unluckily, Apple does not permit Epic Games to refund players directly for App Store purchases. Instead, Apple requires you to ask Apple for a refund. So, if you want to get a refund, you are able to access Support page of Apple and this is the link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084.
Furthermore, Epic Games wrote on its website that they are issuing a full refund to all players who have made purchases on iOS through Epic direct payment before August 28. According to that website, it may take up until September 7th, before you see the refund to your payment method.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…