When you are playing the Pokemon GO game on your device, you may find the Adventure Sync not working. If this Adventure Sync is activated, you will get certain in-game rewards and credits, and even when you are not using the application. But, how can we get them if the Adventure Sync is not working?
Methods For Solving Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Which Is Not Working
If you find that the adventure sync is not working which it is not tracking your fitness progress, here are the things that you are able to do to fix it.
- You have to make sure that your phone has the required sensors to be able to track your distance and steps.
- You have to make sure that the location permission of your device is set to ‘always on’ Pokemon Go so that you are able to access your location even when the app is closed.
– If you use Android, you are able to do that by accessing the Pokemon GO app permissions from your device’s Settings and then choose Apps & Notifications and then select Pokemon Go. After that, you have to choose Permissions and then toggle on Location and you have to make sure that Location is toggled on. It is important for you to note that some phones may ask a different path to be able to enable location permissions in the settings menu.
– If you use iOS, you are able to go to iOS Settings and then choose Privacy. After that, you have to choose Location Services and then access Pokemon GO and then turn Location Permissions to ‘Always’.
- You must open the Google Fit or Apple Health app to make sure that your device is properly recording the progress of your fitness and that the Pokemon GO app is connected.
– If you use Apple Health, you are able to do that by opening Apple Health and then tap on Sources. Then, under Apps, you have to make sure that Pokemon Go is listed as a connected source.
– If you use Google Fit, you have to open the Google Fit app and then in the Settings menu under Manage Connected Applications, you have to make sure that Pokemon GO is listed as a connected application. If your android device is not compatible with Google Fit, you will not be able to use Adventure Sync’s fitness tracking features. HTC One M8 may be one of incompatible devices.
Other Methods for Fixing Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Not Working
There are other methods that you are able to do for fixing Pokemon GO Adventure Sync that are not working that you are able to apply if the methods above do not work. Here they are.
Making Sure Your Adventure Sync Is Activated
- First, you have to open the Pokemon Go game app on your device.
- After that, you have to access the Main menu.
- Then, click on Settings.
- Now, you need to open Adventure Sync.
- You have to make sure that the Adventure Sync option is checked or not. If you see that it is not checked, you are able to check it and restart the game.
Logging Out and Logging In Again
- The first thing that you have to do is to log out your account from your Pokemon Go game app.
- After that, you have to log the health app.
- Now, you have to sign back in the health and Pokemon Go game app and see whether the Adventure Sync is working or not.
Updating Your Pokemon Go Game App To The Newest Version
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the Google Play Store and then you have to type Pokemon Go in the search bar.
- After that, you have to check the app for available updates.
- Here, if you see that there are available updates, you have to go for the update button and then wait until the updating process is done.
- If the updating process is completed, you are able to launch the game to see whether your Adventure Sync is working again or not.
Editing The Location Settings of Your Device
- First, you need to close the Pokemon Go game application if you are in the game.
- After that, you have to go for the Quick Settings of your device.
- Now, you have to open the Location settings by long-pressing the Location icon.
- In this step, you have to choose High Accuracy mode from the mode choosing the option.
- At last, you are able to relaunch your Pokemon Go game app to see whether the error is fixed or not.
Setting the Timezone of Your Device to Automatic
If you are an Android user, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the Settings app.
- After that, you have to tap the Date and Time option. If you are Samsung users, you have to go to the General tab and then you have to click the Date and Time button.
- Now, you have to toggle the Automatic Time Zone switch to on.
If you are an iPhone user, you are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to access the Settings app and then tap the General tab.
- After that, you have to go to Date & Time.
- Here, you have to toggle the set automatically button to on.
If you are curious whether changing timezone to automatic is safe or not, well the answer is that it is safe. When you change the Timezone to automatic, you are setting it for the entire device not only for Pokemon GO.
Turning Off Battery Saver Mode of Your Device
- First, you have to open your Device Notifications and you are able to do that by swiping down or swiping up from the top of the screen.
- After that, you have to click on Turn Off Battery Saver.
- You are able to reconfirm through your Battery/Optimize Battery/Power Saver menu. If you find that your device can support, you have to exempt Pokemon Go and Google Fit/ Apple Health from battery optimization.
- It is important for you to remember that Adventure Sync is not affected by the Battery Saver mode of Pokemon.
Benefits and Rewards of Adventure Sync
Now, the app can count the whole days’ of users’ worth of activities as long as they have their mobile phones and Adventure Sync is turned on. It can be done by the help of Apple Health and Google Fit. Pokemon Go motivates you to move to complete the tasks in the game and with Adventure Sync, it is easier for you to be able to complete these tasks and get rewards.
So, what are the benefits of Adventure Sync? You are able to see below.
- Walking quests. You may know that some field research quests ask you to actually walk a certain distance with a specific Pokemon to be able to complete. By the help of Adventure Sync, you are able to put your mobile phone in your pocket.And then, you are able to continue doing your tasks without having to give so much effort and attention to the Pokemon Go app.
- Hatching Pokemon Eggs. You are only able to hatch the eggs in Pokemon Go by walking a set distance. You are only allowed to hatch 5 kilometers eggs by walking a total distance of 5 kilometers and 10 kilometers eggs for a total distance of 10 kilometers and so on. By the help of Adventure Sync, if you are not playing the game, you just have to do your usual day at work or at school and then you may be able to hatch your Pokemon eggs.
- Pokemon Candy. If you walk a Buddy Pokemon, you will get a specific Pokemon Candy which you are able to use to evolve the Buddy Pokemon and other things on its evolution chain. If you walk more, you will get more Pokemon Candy. Again, by the existence of Adventure Sync makes it easier for you who are busy with school and work.
Now, how about the rewards for Adventure Sync weekly walking? You are able to see the details below.
- If you walk for 5 kilometers which means 3.1 miles, you will earn 20 Poke Balls.
- If you walk for 25 kilometers which means 15.5 miles, you will earn 20 Poke Balls, 10 Great Balls and either 500 Stardust, 1 Rare Candy or 5 km Egg.
- If you walk for 50 kilometers which means 31 miles, you will earn 20 Poke Balls, 10 Great Balls and either 1500 Stardust, 3 Rare Candy, 5 km Egg or 10 km Egg.
How Pokemon Go Adventure Sync Works
Adventure Sync is a feature that you are able to enjoy in Pokemon Go. If you enable it, you are able to track steps as you walk and earn rewards. If you guess that this feature is a paid-features, well you are wrong. This feature is actually free and it was launched in late 2018.
This feature uses the GPS on your device and data from fitness apps and it includes Google Fit and Apple Health. For the distance you walked, you will be given credit while the game app is not open on your device. As we explained above that the rewards can be any Buddy Candy, eggs hatched or even rewards for meeting fitness goals. In March 2020, there was an announcement from Niantic that there is a new update to Adventure Sync that will roll out soon. In the update, there will be social features to Pokemon Go and improve the process of tracking indoor activities.
So, there are a lot of benefits that you are able to get if you use Adventure Sync. However, if you want to add this feature, it is important for you to note that you need to open your Pokemon Go app to be able to track your location and steps. However, after this feature, the app will automatically count all activities as long as the Adventure Sync is enabled and you have your device in you.
What To Do If Pokemon Go Prompts Me For Location Permissions Every Time I Open The App on iOS
According to Niantic site, on certain iOS devices, you may be asked to permit location permissions for Pokemon Go every time you open the app until you ‘always allow’ location permissions. When the first time you install the app, you can get a new phone or uninstall/ reinstall the app and then you will see the prompt which asks you if you will allow Pokemon Go to access your location.
If you experience this issue, you are able to try to choose ‘Allow While Using App’ when you get the message above. And then, after you close the app, iOS will bring up another prompt to confirm your location settings after some time. Now, you have to choose the ‘Change to Always Allow’ to make sure Adventure Sync can track location data accurately while the app is turned off.
What can we do if we do not receive any of the iOS or in-game prompts? You are able to enable Adventure Sync by going to the iOS Settings and then go to the Privacy. After that, you have to access Location Services and then choose Pokemon GO. Now, you have to turn Location Permissions to ‘Always’. And in Pokemon Go, you have to go toe Settings and then enable Adventure Sync.
iOS may also send prompts even after you choose ‘Change to Always Allow’. It is done to remind you that Pokemon Go is accessing your location. Adventure Sync will be turned off unless ‘Always Allow’ is chosen after seeing the prompts which says that Pokemon GO has been using your location in the background over the past 3 days.
Disabling Adventure Sync
Can we disable Adventure Sync? You are able to do that by unchecking the Adventure Sync option in the Settings menu. If your device is Android 10, Adventure Sync must be disabled through the in-game setting of Pokemon GO. If you disable Activity Recognition through the Android OS, it will not fully disable Adventure Sync.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…