Do you want to know how to spot fake Apple AirPods Pro? You are on the right page, as we have prepared this guide on how to know fake AirPods Pro with a few easy ways. Remember that fake AirPods will frequently compromise on quality.
Check the serial number to verify your AirPods Pro is original or fake
For note: AirPods Pro like iPhone is also able to upgrade firmware online through OTA, but high imitation products cannot mimic this service.
- The first thing that you have to do to check the serial number in order to know your Airpods pro is original or fake is by going to iPhone Settings -> General -> About Native.
- After that, you are able to turn the AirPods charging box on or off once, and the AirPods menu item appears under the SEID message.
- The next step that you have to do is to click to view the serial number of the AirPods, and check the serial number of the AirPods box.
- Now, you will be able to compare the serial number of the sunken position on the upper left side of the charging box cover. To view if the three serial numbers are consistent, it is difficult to achieve a three-in-one imitation of the product, if the serial number is inconsistent. It is no doubt that it is really fake.
Scan the code discovered on the inner side of your AirPods Pro’s charging case
This is another most reliable way to know fake AirPods. Usually, the real AirPods will come with a serial number that can be confirmed by Apple on their official website. Over there in the highlighted area, you are going to find a code which is unique to every AirPods Pro case.
Read the text below, we will make it clear for you how to find this code:
- Once you get that code written down, you will need to go to https://checkcoverage.apple.com
- Over there, you are able to enter the serial number and this is how we will find if your AirPods Pro is original or fake.
- If your AirPods Pro is original, you will be able to see that the AirPods Pro is totally confirmed by Apple from their official website.
This will clear out 99% of AirPods legit checks. But, it is not impossible that someone may switch the case and put in fake AirPods.
Verify the right and left inscriptions on your AirPods Pro
To know if your AirPods Pro is original or fake, you need to check out the inscription on the AirPods Pro. Although it is really a minor detail on the AirPods Pro, sometimes the replica Apple tech manufacturers manage to miss the inscriptions on the AirPods Pro. In the original vs fake AirPods Pro, we have found out that on the replica AirPods Pro, there is missing the R inscription, which stands for the right ear. On the original AirPods Pro, you will never view the “L” and the “R” printings on the earbuds missing or fading out, as there is a big difference in material quality between the original vs fake AirPods Pro.
Check out the diffusers on your AirPods Pro
Now, we are going to move to the next method. In this method, you need to check out the pattern of the diffuser. First of all, we are going to see the original vs fake AirPods Pro on the exterior side’s diffusers. Then we are going to move on to the interior side to check out the diffusers in there.
The exterior side’s diffusers
Easily, you are able to notice how the replica AirPods Pro appears to have a grey metal outline near the black diffusers. On the other hand, the original Apple AirPods Pro has no grey outline near the diffusers, and they are never going to have one, unlike the replica AirPods Pro which does have this extra outline.
Aside from that, you are able to notice how the fake AirPods Pro also has the diffuser on the exterior side looking bigger than the diffuser on the original AirPods Pro. That is because the fake AirPods Pro’s diffuser is a bit out of the rest of the earbuds, while the original AirPods Pro have the diffuser placed in line and at the same level with the rest of the materials used for the original AirPods Pro.
The interior side’s diffusers
Finally, you know how to know fake Apple AirPods Pro by checking the exterior side’s diffusers. Now, let us move on to the interior side’s diffusers as well. In the original vs fake Apple AirPods Pro, we have found out how the fake AirPods Pro has a different color for the round-edged rectangle that goes all around the interior side’s diffuser. In fact, the original AirPod Pro’s material next to the diffuser is colored as black which is a bit shiny and it reflects light. The fake Air Pod Pro’s material is colored like a dark grey, that does not reflect any light.
Check the bottom side of your AirPod
Let us check the bottom side of your AirPod to analyze the original vs fake AirPods Pro. In the original vs fake AirPods Pro, we have found out the fact that the fake AirPods appear to have their metal on the bottom side different from the real AirPods’ metal. In fact, the original AirPods Pro will always have the same dimensions for the metal on the bottom side, while the fake AirPods tend to have bigger dimensions for the metal, that makes it look too wide compared to the legit AirPods Pro.
Well, the text above is a few ways to know if your AirPods Pro is original by Apple or fake. Make sure that you are able to do those steps above correctly, then easily you will be able to conclude if your AirPods Pro is original or fake.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…