You might have seen a zombie that looks different compared to the other ones. They are called zombie villagers that are included as one of the real issues in Minecraft nowadays. They are really dangerous to you and to every villager that has not been infected by the disease. Keep calm as it is not the end. The good news is that the zombie villagers are able to be cured and you can return them to normal.
Required ingredients to cure zombie villagers
Curing a zombie villager is not as easy as waving a magic stick in its direction. Instead of doing so, you will have to gather a few rare items and make sure that you are ready for the task. The so-called rare items that you need to collect are not located in the easy to reach place, so you must make some effort to get them. Some required materials to cure a zombie villager that you need to gather include:
- 1 Golden Apple
You can create the golden apples by coating an ordinary apple in a layer of gold. They are known as powerful food with the function to absorb the damage that comes and regenerate the health quickly. Besides, they are also so good for curing zombie villagers. You have two options to choose from.
- More info: How to Change or Set Aternos Idle Timeout
The first one is to get one by finding them in chests that are spread throughout the game and the second one is to craft them yourself with 8 gold ingots and 1 apple. Even though they are expensive, they are worth it.
In fact, having a golden apple is not enough. You will have to weaken it first if you want to persuade a zombie villager to swallow the metallic fruit. There are three options to choose from to apply the weakness effect to something else.
- Splash Potion of Weakness
If you consider the margin, it is the most effective way. There is no risk of you to damage your target, and there are no additional materials needed either. Crafting a splash potion of weakness requires you to get all the basic ingredients and tools that can be used for potion brewing.
First of all, you will craft a regular potion of weakness with a bottle of water and 1 fermented spider eye. After creating a potion of weakness, the next thing is to combine it with gunpowder that you can collect from creepers or chests and allows you to throw the potion and cause a miniature potion explosion.
- Lingering Potion of Weakness
There are some differences between the splash potion of weakness and lingering potion of weakness. The lingering potion of weakness leaves a cloud of potion that flies around the ground and affects any mobs or players that walk through it. It might be your option in case you really have terrible aim and cannot rely on hitting your target.
In order to craft a lingering potion of weakness, first of all, craft a splash of weakness. Then, gather a bottle of dragon’s breath. After that, combine the splash potion and the dragon’s breath.
- Tipped Arrow of Weakness
Tipped arrow of weakness is good for those who want to finish your task from a distance or you have no gunpowder to make splash potions. Remember that you will damage your patient, so it is a must to be careful to not accidentally kill them.
If you want to craft a tipped arrow of weakness, the first step is toc raft a potion of weakness. Another thing that has to be crafted is a cauldron. If there is no cauldron available, please craft one suing 7 iron ingots. In the next step, fill the cauldron with the potion of weakness.
Afterward, craft some arrows with sticks, flint, and feathers. When everything is done, the last thing is to take your arrows and dip them into the cauldron to coat them with the potion of weakness.
Actually, you do not have to get each of them. The first one is needed while the last three are optional, meaning you just need to choose one of them.
Steps to cure zombie villagers
Here is step by step that you will have to follow to cure a zombie villager using your new supplies:
- The first thing that you should do is to find a zombie villager. Compared to the normal one, zombie villagers have about a 1 in 20chance of spawning. The best option is to look around your village at night.
- Once you have found it, it is time for you to lure the zombie villager somewhere safe. No one wants for the process of curing the zombie villager to be interfered. During the process, iron golems still see the zombie villager as an enemy and the other enemy mobs will still attack you.
- The next thing that needs to be done is to trap the zombie villager. The curing process is not an instant one, so you are recommended to trap the zombie villager while it happens. There are a lot of tricks, but you might want to consider iron bars to speed up the process.
- After that, apply the weakness effect. Regardless of the method that you prefer to apply the weakness effect to the zombie, now is the perfect time to do it.
- Once the weakness effect has been applied and the zombie villager is weakened, feed the golden apple to the zombie villager. You will be able to see a particle effect around the zombie villager once you do it.
- The six steps are to wait and watch. The whole process takes up about five minutes to be done. Keep in mind that during this time the zombie villager is still hostile, so please avoid exposing it to the sunlight or letting it out of its enclosure. In the end, the zombie villager will turn into a normal villager once the time has passed.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…