Getting a 5-star rating is everyone’s dream in Animal Crossing; New Horizons. However, it may be a bit hard to get it, as you have to go through various obstacles to get it. Before achieving a 5-star rating, Isabelle will let you chop down about half of your trees. If you do it after you get a 5-star rating, you may say goodbye to your 5-star rating.
You may wonder what will happen if you already have a 5-star rating in the game. Sure, it’s not a secret anymore that you can really lose your 5-star rating, for some reason. Generally, the causes of losing your 5-star rating are related to what you do in the game. So, let’s find out what you do and don’ts to maintain your 5-star rating in ACNH!
How Can You Lose Your 5 Star Rating?
If you already achieve a 5-star rating, you will be happy, right? However, when you check your rating anymore, you may be surprised, as your rating is reduced, either 1 rank or even 2 ranks. For a moment, you may be confused how you can lose your 5-star rating.
If it happens, you may want to keep monitoring your rating to check why you lose your rating. Losing ratings in Animal Crossing is something that a lot of people complain about. In some forums, there are a number of threads that discuss this case. Surprisingly! Many players also lose their 5-star rating in their game.
According to some forum members, losing your 5-star rating can be caused by some reasons. They also stated that it is related to what you are doing in the game. It means that when you do something in the game, your rating will automatically decrease.
From some forums, we can conclude that there are some activities that allows you to lose your 5-star rating in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, here are they:
- Move the flowers and items around
- Put a lot of furniture and decorations in storage
- There are new shrubs that you don’t clear out.
- Chop down a few trees on your island.
- Add weeds in a certain area on your island.
- Have some mossy stones, well and other items.
- Chop down a few of flowers in the valley to get the golden watering can
Okay, those are some activities that will allow you to lose your 5-star rating in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
How to Gain the 5-Star Rating in ACNH?
Achieving a 5-star rating in Animal Crossing is one of the most essential things to do. ACNH data miners revealed that there are some conditions in the game that will either increase or decrease your rating.
First, there are two scoring systems in ACNH called ‘Development’ and ‘Scenery’. In order to gain a 5-star rating in the game, you may need more than 665 Development points and more than 450 scenery points.
Second, there are other conditions that will let you lose your 5-star rating. Sure, we have listed the conditions above that let you say goodbye to your 5-star rating.
Here’s how to gain a 5-star rating in ACNH!
As we’ve mentioned, to gain a 5-star rating, there are two requirements that you should meet including ‘Gaining Development points’ and ‘Gaining scenery points’. To get both points, we’ll explain below!
- Gaining Development points
To gain Development points, you may need to develop your island in a bunch of ways. You may try:
- To build the museum to gain 15 points
- To upgrade Nook’s Cranny to gain 15 points
- To establish Able Sisters’ tailor shop to gain15 points
- To build some bridges and from every bridge, you gain 15 points. Certainly, it’s fantastic if you maximize your bridge (8) and incline (8) limits.
- To place DIY furniture and Nook Shopping furniture to gain a few points.
- To put up as many fences as possible. Each fence you put will earn you 0.2 points.
- To place furniture that’s meant for the outdoors and furniture that’s worth at least 2000 bells to gain bonuses.
Okay, those are some activities you can perform in order to gain Development Points and give you a 5-star rating.
- Gaining Scenery Points
To gain Scenery points, you have to grow as many trees as possible on your island. For every fully grown tree, you will gain up to 190 points. However, there’s a penalty if you own more than 220 trees on your island.
Furthermore, you will gain 1 point for every adult flower. It means that the easiest way to hit 450 Scenery points is by growing 190 trees and 260 flowers. Here’s the point that you will get in detail:
- For every tree on your island including bamboo that’s up to a maximum of 190 points, you will get 1 point.
- For every Flower sprout, you will get 0.5 points.
- For every Flower stem, you will get 0.7 points.
- For every Flower bud, you will get 0.7. points.
- For every Full-grown Flower, you will get 1 point.
- For each unique piece of DIY furniture within each 8×8 grid, you will get 1 point.
- You will get 0.25 points x the number of DIY furniture items and 0.75x the number of different types of DIY furniture that are placed within each 8×8 grid (If 10+ different types of furniture are placed). Or you will get 0.25 points x the number of DIY furniture items that are placed within each 8×8 grid (If between 1-9 different types of furniture are placed).
How to Maintain Your 5-Star Rating?
After you know that you will likely lose your 5-star rating, you may want to maintain your 5-star rating. Sure, maintaining your 5-star rating is neither easy nor difficult, as it encourages you to do what you want to do.
Well, the easiest method to maintain your 5-star rating is to do what Isabelle says, such as:
- You don’t drop nay more furniture
- You need to plant more trees.
- You have to chop down the trees
- You don’t drop trash around your island.
- Keep on top of any weeds.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…