As you know, Sideways Weapons were introduced in Fortnite during Chapter 2 Season 8. And now, they have returned for a week in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2. However, where can we get Sideways Rifle in Fortnite? You are able to read the information about getting Sideways Rifle below.
Places to Find Sideways Rifle and Sideways Minigun
According to the Gamerant site, there is not a specific location where you are able to find the Sideways Rifle or the Sideways Minigun. You are only able to find them by searching treasure chests or on the ground as floor loot.
If you want to get them quickly, you are able to go to the points of interest with a lot of chests such as Command Cavern, Tilted Towers, Chonker’s Speedway or The Daily Bugle. Even though these places have a lot of loot, you have to be careful with other players who are also trying to find the items.
On YouTube, there are some videos about getting Sideways Rifle that you are able to watch to know the location and how other players get Sideways Rifle and here are some of the videos.
- A video entitled How to Get Sideways Minigun and Sideways Rifle in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 2 which was uploaded on May 17th, 2022 and it has been watched more than 2.5k times. The length of the video is 47 seconds.
- A video entitled Collect Sideways Minigun and Sideways Rifle in a Single Match – Fortnite which was uploaded on May 17th, 2022. The length of the video is 1 minute 45 seconds and it has been watched more than 200 times.
- A video entitled Damage Opponents with Sideways Weapons, Sideways Minigun & Sideways Locations (Fortnite) which was uploaded on May 17th, 2022. The length of the video is 2 minutes 57 seconds and it has been watched more than 5k times.
- A video entitled Where to Find Sideways Rifle Location in Fortnite! (How to Get Sideways Rifle Location) which was uploaded on May 17th, 2022. The length of the video is 8 minutes 17 seconds and it has been watched more than 200 times.
It is important for you to note that you are only able to get and upgrade the Sideways Minigun and Sideways Rifle until Tuesday, May 24th, 2022. If you use one of the weapons, it will not only help you beat your enemies, but also you are able to get XP by completing the Sideways Shadow Week challenges. And with the XP that you have, you are able to get more rewards for the Battle Pass of this season.
About Sideways Weapons in Fortnite
As explained on the Distractify site, sideways weapons were introduced originally to Fortnite during the cube invasion of Chapter 2, Season 8. Players were only able to use these weapons and use them in Sideways Zones. What is the difference between these weapons and the other traditional weapons? The main difference is that instead of their needing to be reloaded, you are able to shoot until the gun overheats.
A magazine is not available on the Sideways Rifle or the Sideways Minigun. However, they pull the ammo directly from your inventory which means that you will not have to pause to reload as explained on Distractify.
On Distractify, it is also explained that if you use Sideways Rifle, you are able to fire about 10 shots in a row before it overheats, while if you use the minigun, you are able to fire up to 54 consecutive bullets before it needs to cool down.
The Way to Upgrade a Sideways Weapon in Fortnite
It is easier to upgrade a Sideways weapon than it was. You do not have to hunt down Cube Monsters, but you only have to find an Upgrade Bench and have enough Gold Bars to get the upgrade.
According to the Eurogamer site, here is the list of costs to upgrade Sideways weapons.
- If you want to upgrade from Rare to Epic, the cost is 375 Gold Bars.
- If you want to upgrade from Epic to Legendary, the cost is 500 Gold Bars.
- If you want to upgrade from Legendary to Mythic, the cost is 750 Gold Bars.
Whether or Not We Can Find the Sideways Scythe in Fortnite Now
As explained earlier, Sideways weapons come back now in Fortnite. So, how about the Sideways Scythe? Well, the Sideways Scythe does not come back to Fortnite during Sideways Showdown Week. The Sideways Rifle and the Sideways Minigun are the only weapons which can be found in Fortnite.
About Sideways Rifle
According to the Fortnite Wiki, the Sideways Rifle is an Assault Weapon in Fortnite: Battle Royale where it was added in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 8. This rifle is fully automatic, fast firing, and medium to long ranged. This weapon has first shot accuracy which permits longer ranged engagements. It does not have a magazine size and it works on a cooldown system.
If you fire it for too long, it can cause it to overheat and you have to wait a short time before you use it again. Before it overheats, you are able to fire 10 bullets continuously.
About Sideways Showdown Quests
In the Sideways Showdown quests, here are the challenges that you have to complete.
- You have to gather a Sideways Minigun and a Sideways Rifle in a single match.
- You have to damage opponents with Sideways weapons.
- You have to overheat any Sideways gun.
- You have to upgrade a Sideways weapon at an Upgrade Bench.
As explained earlier, you have to search at popular points of interest to be able to discover the rifle and the minigun. Then, you are able to use them on some enemies. If you want to overheat the Sideways Gun, you have to keep shooting it until it stops. To find an Upgrade Bench, it can be done at most points of interest. You also have to prepare to spend some Gold bars for the enhancements.
According to the Gamerant, some areas where you are able to find an Upgrade Bench are Coney Crossroads, Rocky Reels, Logjam Lumberyard, Condo Canyon, Synapse Station, Chonker’s Speedway, and Greasy Grove.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…