After getting the legendary pelts in Red Dead Redemption 2 or RDR2, you may be wondering what you can do with the things that have just been obtained. Feel free to find out such information by reading the whole article below.
Before finding out what to do with the legendary pelts in the game, you will have to know the basic information about collecting them. In order to collect them, the first thing that you need to do is to whistle or approach your horse. It is where you are able to stow the skin until you find out what to do with it. By following the step, it will be added to your horse cargo menu. After that, feel free to find it again by either approaching your horse and pressing right on the d-pad or by choosing the Horse Cargo section of a shop menu.
After storing the pelts on the back of your horse, it is time for you to do something with them. There are a few things that you can do with the pelts like the legendary ones in Red Dead Redemption 2. The first one is to sell them at the general store in the town. Aside from the general stores, you can also try to sell them to some stores that sell the hunting equipment. For anyone who is still in the beginning of the game who wants to sell pelts, the best place to visit is in Valentine. The reason is because you will be able to get access to a few different kinds of shops in that area. Before selling the pelts, remember to sell these only if you need more money to donate to the camp kitty. If it is not that needed, it is better for you to save your best skins to be used for crafting. With these skins, you will be able to make some unique items that cannot be obtained anywhere else.
The second one is to donate them to Mr. Pearson at the camp.
The third one is to take your legendary pelts to the Trapper. This man is known to be the one that can craft a variety of clothing, outfits, items, or equipment as long as he is given the right materials. A lot of things that he can craft require pelts from the legendary animals, in addition to the perfect skins from the other animals in the world.
To be able to meet the requirements, it is a must for you to first sell the required pelts and hides to the Trapper. After that, you will see that he will get the required ingredients to craft that can be used to craft the item that you want. Unfortunately, it is not free.
There are a total of 16 unique garment sets that can be crafted by the Trapper for Arthur. Below is the list of the some that related to the legendary pelts only:
- Clothing name: Legendary bear head hat
Required ingredients: x1 legendary bear pelt
- Clothing name: Legendary bear coat
Required ingredients: x1 legendary bear pelt, x1 perfect bison pelt
- Clothing name: Legendary bear ropers
Required ingredients: x1 legendary bear pelt, x1 perfect bull hide
- Clothing name: Legendary beaver flop hat
Required ingredients: x1 legendary beaver pelt
- Clothing name: Legendary bison vest
Required ingredients: x1 legendary tatanka bison pelt
- Clothing name: Legendary bear head hat
There are several locations of Trappers in the game. The main one is located in the big city of the game called Saint Denis. In order to find him, the best thing that you can do is to bring up your map. Then, choose an index. In the next step, you have to narrow it down to the Trapper.
Aside from the market at Saint Denis, the Trapper will also set up a camp in the wilderness. With that being said, it is not needed for you to travel all the way from Colter to southern Lemoyne when you want to sell the pelts. Here is the list of the other locations to find the Trapper:
- Riggs Station: The camp of the Trapper is located near the Horseshoe Overlook camp. It seems like it will be the first location that you will visit. The exact location of the camp is on the top of the hill after the northeast of Riggs Station in West Elizabeth.
- West Elizabeth: The camp owned by the Trapper is located close to the north west border of West Elizabeth. The man will be able to be found near the edge of the map, directly west of Big Valley. If it is confusing for you, you can follow the river north from Owanjila Lake.
- New Hanover: The trapper can be found easily in the woods of Roanoke Ridge. It is to the north east of Emerald Ranch or south west of Annesburg. The location is directly west from Elysian Pool.
- Blackwater: This one is able to be found in the far south west region of West Elizabeth. It is far to the West of Blackwater in the region of Tall Trees. You can just follow the river that leads down Tall Trees and then find where the road curves East in order to climb the hill, the one to discover the Trapper. Take note that the location can only be accessed after Chapter 6.
Talking about the pelts, it should be noted that the ones with the low quality that you have stored on the back of your horse are far from safe. In case you leave the world forever, it seems like they will no longer be around forever. What about the legendary skins? As for the legendary skins, there is nothing to worry about. If you have any legendary pelts, including the legendary skin for that matter, it is stated that it will be automatically sent to the Trapper, making it possible for you to craft the unique outfit item that it is liked to. If you are in a situation where it seems like there is no way for you to find the legendary skin that you have looted, you are encouraged to try looking at the Trapper.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…