In Animal Crossing New Horizon, the players can time travel backwards or forwards. Have you tried it? If you have not tried it, now you may want to try to time travel in this game. However, before you time travel, let’s say that time travel backwards in ACNH, it is better for you to know what will happen if you time travel backwards in ACNH.
Besides informing you about what will happen if you time travel backwards, I also inform you about what will happen if you time travel forwards, how to time travel, what are the general effects of time travel and other things related to time travel in Animal Crossing New Horizon.
The Things That Happen If You Time Travel Backwards
Here is what will happen if you time travel backwards in Animal Crossing New Horizon according to Chibis Norlax website.
- You will find that turnips will be damaged.
- The prices of turnip will change and your trend will be reset.
- The watered effect will be deleted from flowers so that they will not grow or breed.
- You will find that the ABD chain will reset.
- You will see that villagers will advance moving in or out.
- It will not count as a new day in progression.
- You will find that building construction or upgrades or moves will not be finished.
- The stock of the shop will be similar to where the first time you visited that day unless you leave the current week.
- You will find that rocks and trees will not refresh.
- You will also find that mail will not be sent.
The Things That Happen If You Time Travel Forwards
You may also wonder what will happen if you time travel forwards in Animal Crossing New Horizon. According to Chibis Norlax, here are the things that will happen if you time travel forwards.
- You will see that weeds and flowers will grow or spread.
- You will see cockroaches in your house if you time travel forwards up to 1 month or more.
- You may get the bedhead animation if you time travel up to 1 month or more.
- Villagers will ask or comment on where you have been.
- If you time travel past 5 am the following Sunday, turnips will spoil.
- Building construction or upgrades or moves will be finished.
- You will see that rocks and trees will refresh.
- Mail is sent.
- The price trend of turnip will not change.
General Effects of Time Travel
Besides the things that happen as explained above, there are also the general effects of time traveling whether you time travel backwards or forwards. Here are the general effects of time travel in Animal Crossing New Horizon according to Chibis Norlax site.
- The open plots may fill.
- Campers will leave.
- All stock in Able Sisters, Nook Shopping and Nook’s Cranny will refresh. The mannequin of Able Sisters will only change if you go outside of the week. Some items from Nook’s Cranny are only able to be bought once a week. Let’s say that you bought it once. So, it would not be restocked when time traveling to that day again in the similar week. Saharah’s inventory does not alter in case you stay in the similar week when time traveling forwards or back. You need to go into another week for it to alter.
- If you bought one, Redd’s aer will be sent.
- You will see that fossils will respawn.
- You will find that NPC visitors’ shops and quests will refresh.
- You will also find that the daily recipe bottle will respawn.
How to Time Travel in Animal Crossing New Horizon
Do you want to try to time travel in Animal Crossing New Horizon? If you want to do this, you need to know the steps for time traveling. Below, you are able to see the steps to time travel in Animal Crossing New Horizon according to the Nintendo Life site.
- The first step that you have to take is to go to the System Settings on your Switch.
- When you are on the system settings, then you have to choose System. You can find it from the bottom of the settings list.
- After that, scrolling down within the System settings on the right side must be done by you until you are able to find Date and Time.
- In this step, in the settings, you must deselect Synchronise Clock via Internet.
- And then, you must set the date and time to what you want.
- Here, load up the game and allow the time traveling to start.
About Time Travel
Here is the explanation about Time Travel according to the Animal Crossing Wiki. Time travel can be defined as a condition when a player changes the time of their game to get advantages from seasonal events, fish, bugs, kicking villagers out, moving villagers in, progressing story, upgrading shops and many more. Time traveling is also able to be done to manipulate the ABD interest where at the end of each month, there is a certain percentage which is added to the Bell amount of the player in their back accounts.
If you time travel, there are some risks that you may get as explained earlier. Your town will have a lot of weeds, Tom Nook’s store will be downgraded, there is the possibility that villagers move out, bedheads, and many more risks.
In Animal Crossing New Horizon, most advantages that can be obtained by players are the same as those in New Leaf.
If you have changed the time, the game needs to be restarted. So, before you change the time, it is better for you to close the software.
If the clock is not in sync with the real world, it is still possible to play online. If the player does it, there are no effects and the player’s turnips will not rot.
According to Animal Crossing wiki, in the 1.6.0 Winter update, Turkey Day and Toy Day are locked events that players could not travel in advance to, but after the day has passed, the player can travel back in time to which the event happened.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…