Crossplay is a main feature in almost every multiplayer game. Some games which use this feature are Fortnite, Apex Legends, Call of Duty and many more. With crossplay feature, players can team up with anyone regardless of console which is used by their friends. Now, how about Rainbow Six Siege? Is this game cross platform as well?
Is Rainbow Six Siege Cross Platform?
Is Rainbow Six Siege cross platform? The answer is yes. However, the rules are a little bit different with the other games. Rainbow Six Siege offers cross platform but in a limited manner. Players cannot connect with other players who use different platforms. So, you are just able to play with other players that have a console from the same family of yours.
Let’s take an example. If your console is an Xbox One, so you are able to connect with other players who use Xbox Series X. Or, if you use a PC to play this game, then you can only cross play with other players who use PC.
This information was announced on the Ubisoft Support website. On that announcement, it was written that Rainbow Six: Siege supports Cross-Generation Play where they permit you to matchmake with others who are gaming on the similar family of consoles as you. In addition, in the announcement also, it was also written that Cross-Progression is also available between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 or between Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
However, as more games permit full cross play availability, we still have a hope where Rainbow Six Siege also changes the rules. To Windows Central, Game director Leroy Athanasoff told that it is a conversation that has to be had between Xbox and PlayStation, but he believes that it is just a matter of time before it can happen.
How to Enable Crossplay in Rainbow Six Siege?
If you want to enable crossplay in Rainbow Six Siege, you have to link your Siege progression with Ubisoft Connect. By doing it, it will activate crossplay between PS4/ PS5 and Xbox Series XIS/ Xbox One. Once again, you need to note that if you use PlayStation, you cannot play with Xbox players since you have a different console. You can only crossplay with the same family of consoles.
Usually, Siege will prompt you with a pop up to let you connect your console progress to a Ubisoft account. However, you are also able to do it via a browser. You can follow the steps below.
- First, you have to steer to the Account Management section of your profile. You have to do that by logging into Ubisoft.
- If the automatic login process does not get triggered, you have to click on the Login button.
- Now, the thing that you have to do is to click on the PlayStation or the Xbox logo. It depends on the platform that you use to play Rainbow Six Siege.
- Next, you will be asked by Ubisoft to log into your console account to complete the connecting process.
- If you use Sony or Microsoft, they may require you to log in to your Ubisoft account on their side of things to confirm your identity during the process.
If you do not have an Ubisoft account, you have to create it first before you start the process above.
The Steps to Create a Ubisoft Account To Link Your Playstation or Xbox
You are able to create an account through the linking process that Siege begins when you start up the game. But, you are also able to create the account through a web browser.
- The first thing that you have to do to create an Ubisoft account is to access the Ubisoft website. On the website, you have to click on the Log In button on the top right corner.
- Then, you will see that a small new window comes up. You will have the option login with your Xbox or PlayStation account.
- In this step, you need to click on your preferred gaming platform. Then, you have to enter your login details on another window which will appear.
- After you complete the process of login, then Sony and Microsoft will ask you whether you are sure about permitting Ubisoft access to your info. Ubisoft will only need basic properties about your Xbox or Playstation profile such as your gamertag, activity, friends list, stats and rankings, settings and also the content that you share.
- Now, you have to click on Yes and then the linking process will bring you back to the main page of Ubisoft website. Now, you will see that the Login In button on the top right corner of your screen is substituted with your gamertag.
About Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
What is Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege? This is a tactical shooter video game which is played online. This video game was released globally for PS4, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox One on December 1st, 2015. Five years later, this game was also released for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
Environmental destruction and cooperation between players are really emphasized on this game. In the game, every player will take control of an attacker or a defender in gameplay modes which are different such as defusing a bomb, rescuing a hostage, and taking control of an objective in a room.
In the Rainbow Six series, Siege is an entry and the successor to Tom Clancy’s Rainbow 6: Patriotics, a tactical shooter which had a bigger focus on narrative. After Patriots was finally cancelled because of its technical shortcomings, then the franchise was rebooted by Ubisoft.
This game has a number of modes including Hostage, Bomb, Secure Area, Tactical Realism, Training grounds, Situations, Outbreak, Arcade and Seasonal Events.
This game has got some awards as you are able to see in the list below.
- In 2014, this game won the Game Critics Award for Best PC Game.
- In 2018, this game won Italian Video Game Awards 2018 for Radio 105 eSports Game of the Year.
- In 2018, this game won Australian Games Awards for Esports Title of the Year.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…