Summer Update is present in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. One of the most fun things that you can do here is to swim. Do you know how to do that in the game? To be able to make your character swim in Animal Crossing, you have to buy wetsuit first. What’s the next thing to do? Here, we will give you a guide for swimming in Animal Crossing.
Getting a Wetsuit for Swimming in Animal Crossing
If you want to swim in the Animal Crossing New Horizon, you have to buy a wetsuit. Where can we buy it? The wetsuit can be bought in the Nook’s Cranny for 3,000 Bells. It can be found at the glass case, by the tools. It seems that the design of the wetsuit will change every day in the shop. It means that if you do not like the available one on this day, then you are able to wait for another day to buy the different color one.
If you want to buy a special Nook range wetsuit, you can visit the Nook Shop in Residential Services. Then, you have to choose the option saying ‘Redeem Nook Miles’. If you choose the black and turquoise wetsuit, it will set you back 800 Nook Miles. Same as all over Nook clothing, it will arrive in the mail the day after you buy it. If you want, you can also buy a Nook Inc. snorkel for an additional 500 Nook Miles.
Now, after you bought the wetsuit, you are ready to swim in the game.
How to Swim in Animal Crossing
Now, you have had a wetsuit. It means that you can swim now. But, how to do that? You are able to follow the steps below to swim in Animal Crossing.
- The first thing that you have to do is to equip the wetsuit on your body.
- After that, you have to go to one of your ocean’s beaches. There, you have to get in the water. Actually, there are two main options to enter the ocean: wading in from the sandy beach or diving in from either your beach rocks, the narrow strip of land that juts into the ocean or your pier.
- Then, you have to run up against the water and to enter the water, you have to press A.
- To keep swimming in the water, just press A. If you press A, you will do a stroke. However, if you hold A down, you will keep paddling.
- If you want to move around, you can use the left stick.
- What happens if we do not press anything? Your character in the game will tread water. When your character is treading, you are still able to use the analog stick to paddle lightly around. However, you will move slowly. If you wonder whether your character will be tired or not of treading water, the answer is no. So, you do not have to be worried about floating around if you are tired of pressing A.
- If you want to swim fast, you have to keep tapping A when your character is moving around in the water.
- And then, if you want to exit the water, you need to swim back to a sandy beach. The thing that you have to do is just to swim right up to the beach until your character can reach land and go out of the water.
To help you in doing this, there are some videos on Youtube about how to swim in Animal Crossing, Here are some videos that you are able to watch.
- A video of Release-Fire entitled Animal Crossing New Horizons How to Swim which was uploaded on July 2nd, 2020. The duration of the video is 2 minutes and 53 seconds and it has been watched more than 175k times.
- A video of Kotaku entitled Swimming and Diving in Animal Crossing: New Horizons which was uploaded on July 3rd, 2020. The duration of the video is 9 minutes and 10 seconds and it has been watched more than 25k times.
- A video of NintendoCade Gaming entitled How to Swim in Animal Crossing New Horizons which was uploaded on July 3rd, 2020. The duration of the video is 3 minutes and 23 seconds and it has been watched more than 11k times.
- A video of Release-Fire entitled Animal Crossing New Horizons How to Swim Faster which was uploaded on July 3rd, 2020. The duration of the video is 1 minute and 14 seconds and it has been watched more than 12k times.
- A video of Gamerjob entitled How to Swim And Dive | Animal Crossing New Horizons which was uploaded on July 2nd, 2020. The duration of the video is 2 minutes and 6 seconds and it has been watched more than 1k times.
How to Dive in Animal Crossing
When your character is swimming in the game, you may want to make him dive. But, how to do that? You have to press Y while your character is in the water. Then, you will see that your character dive under the waves. From there, you are able to use the usual swimming controls to move around and swim. If you want to go back to the surface again, you can press Y again.
For your information, your character will not run out of oxygen. They will come up for air when they need it.
Catching Sea Creatures in Animal Crossing
This swimming and diving ability makes your character be able to explore the ocean around your island. It also means that you are able to catch new sea creatures and rare treasure. When you are swimming around, there may be columns of bubbles which are floating up from beneath the waves. You can swim over the bubbles and then press Y. Your character will dive under and if you can position yourself right, you will come back up with a sea creature such as a sea star or a sea anemone. Diving underwater and looking for little shadows is another way to catch sea creatures and it is the easier way to find creatures.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…