Putting a parrot on your shoulder in Minecraft requires you to tame this animal first. Once it is tamed, you can put the parrot on your shoulder easily. Here is the information to do both. Please follow each step so you will be able to put a parrot on your shoulder in the game.
Before taming a parrot and putting it on your shoulder, there are some materials that you will have to gather, those are:
- 1 seed (1 beetroot seed, 1 melon seed, 1 pumpkin seed, or 1 regular seed)
- 1 parrot
Once you have collected all the needed materials, you will move to the real steps to tame a parrot and put it on your shoulder.
- The first thing that you will need to do is to find a parrot to tame. In case you are having a hard time finding a parrot, you can always summon a parrot using a cheat or you are also able to use a spawn egg.
- Now, it is time for you to feed the parrot seeds. The parrot is able to be fed by any kind of seeds, including melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, regular seeds, or beetroot seeds. In this example, the melon seeds are used to tame it. If you want to do so, you can place the melon seeds in the hotbar and make sure that it is the chosen item in your hotbar. Now, the melon seeds need to be used. The game control to use this kind of seeds depends on the version of Minecraft that you have:
- For Java Edition (Pc/Mac), you will have to click on the parrot.
- For Pocket Edition or PE, you will have to move the pointer over the parrot and hit the Tame button.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, you will have to press the LT button that can be found on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, you will have to press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, you will have to press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, you will have to press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, you will have to right click on the parrot.
- For Education Edition, you will have to right click on the parrot.
After feeding the seeds to the parrot, you will be able to see gray smoke show up above the parrot. Feeding a parrot does not mean the parrot is tamed. In fact, it is not yet tamed. You will have to continue to feed the parrot more seeds until the red hearts are seed all around the parrot. When you see the red hearts appearing around the parrot, it means the parrot is being tamed.
Once the process of taming is done, the hearts will disappear. It is the right time for you to get the parrot easily sitting on your shoulder. Actually, a parrot will follow you around, and teleport to your side if you move too far away. Walking into it will make it possible for it to ride your shoulder. In some cases, a parrot that has been tamed might try to sit on your shoulder unless you tell it to stay or sit. If you want to get a parrot on your shoulder, you have only to lose height such as jumping, flying downward with elytra, travelling downhill, or by using a firework rocket. It can be asked to sit by right clicking on them on PC). Apparently, you can have two parrots sitting on your shoulders, one on each shoulder. It is also possible for them to fly and to sit on your shoulder on their own. If you feed it a cookie, it will immediately die and release poison particles. If it was tamed when it died, a server message will show a message saying that the parrot was slain by the name of the player.
For those who prefer to see a tutorial video instead of a written guide, you might want to visit a Youtube channel called McGamers. In the channel, there is a video that explains how to tame a parrot in Minecraft and get it on your shoulder. The video was uploaded on August 7, 2019. Since its release, it has been watched 615 times and has been liked 8 times. Here is the link that will take you to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GedkpJ_CFc&feature=emb_logo. If you have any questions related to how to tame a parrot and put it on your shoulder in Minecraft, feel free to leave a comment on the comment section under the video and hope for someone to leave a reply. Aside from leaving a comment, you might also want to try to visit the communities or forums of Minecraft and discuss with the members.
Parrot can be defined as a passive, flying and mob that can be tamed. They spawn in jungle biomes. Besides, they can also be spawned using the spawn eggs. However, it can be done in only Creative Mode.
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac, Linux PC||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOS, 12, Windows 10 PC||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4||Yes|
Parrots are variative from red, green, blue, cyan, to gray. They can move around by flying, but they will always land. They have no ability to walk, but are able to swim by flapping their wings just like chickens, to avoid drowning.
If the mob is nearby, the parrot will look in its direction and try to imitate the sound of the mob. If they are untamed, they will usually gather around a non-parrot mob. When there is a jukebox playing a music, they will dance and when the music ends, they will stop dancing immediately. It is really interesting to the point there is a meme that uses this one as a reference.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…