Smooth Stone in Minecraft is a variant of stone which is made by smelting stone. You can use smooth stone for making Blast Furnace and Smooth Stone Slab. If you want to make a smooth stone for making a blast furnace, you come to the right place because we will show you how to make both of them.
The Steps to Make Smooth Stone
To make a Smooth Stone in Minecraft, you have to prepare the material. The material that you need is a Stone. If you have a stone, now you can craft a smooth stone by following the steps below.
- The first step that you have to do is to open your furnace. By opening it, you will have the Furnace menu.
- In this step, you have to add fuel to the Furnace. In the furnace, you have to add the fuel to the bottom fuel box. For the fuel, you can use coal.
- After that, the thing that you have to do is to put the stone in the top box of the furnace. Here, you will see the flames cooking the stone. If the stone is smelted or cooked in the furnace, you will see that the smooth stone will appear in the box to the right.
- After you made a smooth stone in your furnace, now you have to move it to your inventory.
- Now, you have made smooth stones in Minecraft successfully.
If you want to get a smooth stone by breaking it, you need a pickaxe to mine. And then, it will drop itself. If you mine without using a pickaxe, it will not drop anything. Smooth stone is also generated in some houses in savanna, plains and snowy tundra villages.
The Steps to Make a Blast Furnace
Now, after you have made a smooth stone, you are able to make a Blast Furnace with it. A blast furnace can be used by you to smelt items in the game which is the same as a furnace. But, a blast furnace can smelt twice as fast as a furnace. You are able to find a blast furnace in a village in the Armorer’s house.
If you want to get a blast furnace, you can pick it up by any pickaxe. If you mine without using a pickaxe, it will not drop anything. When it is broken, it will drop their contents.
If you want to make a blast furnace, besides needing smooth stones, you need a furnace and iron ingots. Here are the complete materials that you need for making a Blast Furnace.
- 1 Furnace
- 5 Iron Ingots
- 3 Smooth Stones
After you have these materials, now you are able to craft a Blast Furnace by following the steps below.
- The first step that you have to do is to open your crafting table. By opening it, you will have the 3×3 crafting grid.
- After you open the crafting menu, now you will make a blast furnace by putting 5 iron ingots, 1 furnace and 3 smooth stones in the crafting grid.
- As usual, when you make something in the crafting grid, you have to make sure that you put the materials in the exact pattern. It is because every item has its own recipe. For making a blast furnace, you have to put 3 iron ingots in the first row. Then, in the second row, you have to put 1 iron ingot in the first box, 1 furnace in the second box and 1 iron ingot in the third box. At last, you have to put 3 smooth stones in the third row.
- If you have filled the crafting area with the right pattern, now the thing that you will see is the blast furnace which appears in the box to the right.
- You have to move the blast furnace to inventory after you crafted it.
- Now, you have crafted a blast furnace successfully.
Blast furnace can produce a light level of 13 when it is activated which is the same as the normal furnace.
The Steps to Make a Smooth Slab
Besides making a blast furnace, a smooth stone can also be used to make a smooth stone slab. Smooth stone slab is one of a lot of building blocks in Minecraft which can be made and every crafting process of it, it will create 6 smooth stone slabs at a time.
If you want to make a smooth stone slab, the thing that you need is 3 smooth stones. If you have 3 smooth stones, now you are able to make a smooth stone slab by following the steps below.
- The first step to make a smooth stone slab is to open your crafting table. If you open it, you will have the 3×3 crafting grid.
- After you open the 3×3 crafting grid, you have to put the materials in the exact pattern based on the recipe. So, the recipe is that you have to put the three smooth stones in the second row.
- If you have entered the materials to the crafting area in the exact pattern, you will see that there are 6 smooth stone slabs which will appear in the box to the right.
- If you have successfully crafted a smooth stone slab, then you are able to move it to your inventory.
Slabs in Minecraft are half-height versions of the respective blocks. If you want to mine to look for slabs in Minecraft, you will need a pickaxe. If you want to mine wooden slabs, you are able to mine with anything. However, if you use an axe, it will be faster. In Bedrock Edition, a top slab or bottom slab is transparent to light.
Mobs can see a slab as a full block and they are able to spawn on top slabs and double slabs, but not on bottom slabs. Usually, the bottom face of bottom slabs, the top face of top slabs, and all faces of double slabs are handled as blocks which are solid.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…