Every Minecraft session is different with its secrets to uncover. One of the things which will remain the same in every world is the presence of water. Usually, if you dive below the surface of the water, you are going to see small bubbles appear above your food gauge. This will indicate how long you are able to breathe underwater and it does not last long. With the Potion of Water Breathing in Minecraft, you will be able to stay down for 3 minutes or longer. By the way, how to make water breathing potion last longer?
Making Water Breathing Potion Last Longer
In the text below, we are going to explain how to make a Water Breathing Potion in Minecraft for three minutes, followed by how to turn that into one which will allow you to breathe underwater in Minecraft for eight minutes.
How to Make Water Breathing Potion (For 3 minutes)
First, let us find out information about how to make a potion of water breathing for 3 minutes. To do this, you will need a Brewing Stand and the items such as below:
- Nether Wart x1
- Pufferfish x1
- Water Bottle x1
- Nether Wart x1
Please approach and interact with your brewing stand. Then, place some Blaze Powder in the box which is furthest left. For your information, Blaze Powder can be earned by placing a Blaze Rod in your crafting menu. A Blaze Rod is only able to be obtained as a drop from a Blaze, which can only be discovered in the Nether.
After that, you have to place the water bottle in any of the three boxes at the bottom of the Brewing Stand screen.
The next step that you have to do is to put the Nether Wart in the box at the top of the Brewing Stand. The bubbles to the left of this box are going to turn white, indicating the Brewing Stand is working.
When the Nether Wart has disappeared, you are going to discover that the Water Bottle is now an Awkward Potion. It has no effect. Please add the Pufferfish to the top of the box and then wait for that to disappear. Afterwards, you are able to highlight the potion bottle at the bottom of the Brewing Stand to discover a Water Breathing Potion for 3 minutes.
How to Make Water Breathing Potion (For 8 minutes)
Breathing in water for eight minutes is useful, especially if you are exploring underwater wrecks or hidden caves for treasure and rare materials. So, how to make water breathing potion last longer? As we promised, here we are going to share the way to make water breathing potion for 8 minutes.
To improve this Potion of Water Breathing, simply you are able to place your Potion of Water Breathing (For 3 minutes) in any of the bottom boxes on your Brewing Stand. Please place Redstone Dust in the top box and then wait for it to disappear. When it disappears, then you are going to find that your Potion of Water Breathing (For 3 minutes) has been upgraded into Potion of Water Breathing (For 8 minutes). Finally, you will be able to breathe underwater in Minecraft for eight minutes.
Breathing in Water Without Potions
As we know that potion is one of the great ways to breathe in water. However, there are also some methods to breathe in water without potions.
Way 1: Use Conduit
Here is a way to breathe in water using a conduit:
Please prepare these ingredients to make the conduit:
- 8 Nautilus Shells.
- A Heart of the Sea.
- A Crafting Table.
Then, follow these steps below to make a conduit to breathe in water in this sandbox game.
- Please go to the locations of shipwrecks to find a treasure map.
- Then, open the map which is still incomplete.
- You have to swim towards the spot marked by an X and stand next to it.
- Next, start to dig and find the treasure chest which contains a Heart of the Sea.
- Afterwards, go to discover eight nautilus shells from several drowned at the sea.
- Lastly, open the crafting table to make the Conduit. Just place the Heart of the Sea in the central box and 8 shells around the heart to make this tool.
Way 2: Use Turtle Helmet
To get five turtle shells, you have to breed Minecraft turtles and feed them. Please wait until those turtles lay five eggs. Then, you have to raise 5 baby turtles to get 5 adult turtles by feeding them with seagrass. You are able to find seagrasses in the non-frozen ocean.
Then, follow these steps below to craft a turtle shell and use it to breathe in water.
- Just collect 5 scutes to craft the turtle helmet.
- After that, open the crafting table with 9×9 grids.
- Then, you have to place 5 scutes in n shape. Also, place two shells in the left and right grid. Just leave the central grid blank.
- Lastly, get the turtle helmet and put it into your inventory.
For note: The turtle helmet will help you breathe in water for 10 seconds. If you improve it, then you are going to have an ability to breathe in water for about 70 seconds.
Way 3: Use Airlock
Here is how to breathe in water by using doors for the airlock:
- At the first step, build a room underwater.
- Then, prepare materials to build the airlock, including water, sand and torches.
- You have to make sure that the hallway’s ceiling equals the highest water level.
- Also, you have to place the torch on the wall where water can contact it. Please ensure that you leave enough space above so that you will be able to supply enough sand to seal the Chamber.
- Afterwards, you have to place sand above that torch until it reaches the ceiling.
- You will be able to repeat this process until the hall is waterproofed.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…