You may find that your post is not shareable on Facebook and you do not know why it can happen. Usually, it happens because of the settings so that you have to change it. How to do that? You are able to see the explanation below.
How to Create a Shareable Post on Facebook
If you want your post to be shareable, you are able to make a new post by anyone. Or, if you have created a post, you are able to go back and then you can make that old post shareable. How to make this old post shareable?
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Facebook app.
- Then, you have to choose the text box named What’s On Your Mind?.
- Below your name, there are two drop-down menus. The first one is labeled Friends and the second one is labeled Album. You have to choose the first box and then choose Public.
- Next, you are able to type a post that you want to share and then click on Share.
Now, this post can be viewed by anyone whether they are your friends or not. Also, it means that they are able to share the link with anyone.
How to Make An Older Post More Shareable on Facebook
You may have posted something in the past and now you want to make it shareable. You are able to do that by following the steps below.
- First, you have to find the post that you want to share.
- After that, you have to choose the three-dots icon on the right side of the post.
- Then, you need to select Edit Post.
- Here, you have to choose the first drop down menu below your name which is labeled Friends.
- Next, you have to select Public on the new page.
- At last, you have to click on Save in the upper right corner to end the change.
How to Make All Facebook Posts Shareable
If you want to make all of your Facebook posts are shareable, you have to change your privacy settings. How to do that? You are able to do that by following the guide below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to click on the drop down arrow button which can be found on the top right corner of Facebook.
- After that, when you see the drop down menu is opened, you have to click on the Settings and you will be directed to a new page.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Privacy section which is listed in the menu on the left side of the page and then you have to click on it.
- By doing it, it will open the Privacy Settings and Tools section. In that section, you are able to edit the settings under Your Activity and make all your future posts shareable.
If you change your mind, you are able to change the settings again anytime by visiting the Privacy Settings section.
How to Share Posts From Friends
Sometimes, you may find that posts from your friends are important to share. So, you want to share it on Facebook. But, how to share your friends’ posts on Facebook? You are able to share the posts of your friends only if they have permitted it in their privacy settings. To see whether the post of your friend is shareable, you can go to the post and if there is a Share button below their Facebook post, it means that you can share the post. You are able to share the post as a public post by using the Share Now button to make it visible to all. Or, you are able to share the post in an Event by clicking on Share and changing the default option on the top from Share on Your Timeline to Share in An Event.
The other options are listed below.
- You are able to share the post of your friend to your story.
- You are able to choose Send as Message to share posts to your friends on Facebook Messenger as a Private Message that you choose from your Friend List.
- You are able to choose to Share in Group to share the post to members of the Group where you are in.
- You are able to choose to Share on a Friend’s Timeline to share posts on the wall of your Friends.
If you see that there is no Share button in the post of your friends, it happens because your friend’s post is protected. If this is the case, you are not able to share the posts until they change their Facebook privacy setting.
The Meaning of Post Privacy Options
As you can see that there are some options for post privacy options. But, what are the meanings of each option? You are able to see the difference below.
- Public. If you set it to Public, it means that your post will be visible to every internet user on the planet whether they are on Facebook or not.
- Friends. If you set it to Friends, it means that your posts will be visible to your Facebook friends only. Others cannot see your posts except for people who are on your friend list.
- Friends Except… If you choose this setting, it will make your posts visible to all your friends except the person or people who you add to the list. The people that you add to the list will not be able to see, react, or comment on your posts.
- Specific Friends. If you set this option, it will make your posts visible only to specific friends. And for others, the feed of your Facebook will appear as empty as you need it to be.
- Custom. If you set this option, you are able to add the people you want to share your post with and also the people who will not be permitted to see it.
- Close Friends. This option allows you to add your close friends to the viewers’ list. So, no one else will be able to see the posts.
- Only me. If you set this option, it will make your post can be viewed only by yourself.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…