It is something sweet if you want to send a gift to your friends in Fortnite. What kind of items that you want to send as a gift? Is it a skin? Then, can we gift skins from the locker? Well, it is important for you to know that you are not able to send gifts from your personal locker in Fortnite. If you want to send a gift for your friends in Fortnite, the item must be bought from the Item Shop.
If you access Epic Games site, you are able to read that there are some things that you are not able to gift. Those are able to be seen below.
- You are not able to gift Battle Passes.
- You cannot gift V-Bucks.
- You are not able to gift the offers which use real money.
- You are not able to gift items which are not in the Item Shop currently.
- You are not able to gift items which are already in your Locker.
- You are not able to gift some items and it includes Battle Pass Tier Bundles.
As you are able to see in the rules above that, you are not able to gift items from your locker. So, if you want to gift to your friends in Fortnite, you are able to buy the items directly from the Item Shop. Do you know how to gift to your friends in Fortnite? The Steps below can help you.
Steps to Gift Skins in Fortnite
If you want to send a gift such as a skin to another Fortnite player, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the Item Shop from the main lobby screen. Then, you need to choose one of the featured items.
- On the purchase screen, you have to press the designated button to Buy As A Gift.
- The next thing is that you will be asked to choose friends from your Epic friends list. You are able to choose who you want to send the cosmetic or skin to and then do not forget to press the button to continue.
- Now, you are able to enter an optional personal message if you want. You are able to choose the color of the virtual gift box or you are able to press the button to Send.
- Your friends will receive the gift in the next time they opens Fortnite. They will get a message which says that someone wonderful sen you a gift. They can open the gift by pressing the designated button at the screen.
Rules to Send Gift in Fortnite
Even though Fortnite has a Gift feature, it does not mean that you are able to use it as you want. There are some rules to use the Gift feature in Fortnite as you are able to see below.
- You need to activate the two-factor authentication (2FA). If you have not activated the 2FA, you are able to do that by firstly going to the account page. After that, you need to click on the Password & Security tab. Under the two-factor authentication header, you have to click the 2FA option that you want to enable whether Enable Authenticator App, Enable SMS Authentication or Enable Email Authentication. If you want to use an authenticator app for 2FA, the authenticator apps that you are able to find in your mobile device apps store are Google Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator and Authy.
- Make sure that you must be at least in level 2.
- You need to be friends with the recipient. Before you are able to send a gift to someone in Fortnite, you need to send them a friend request. Then, you have to make sure that they accept your friend request. You cannot directly send the gift because you have to wait for two or three days before you will be permitted to send them the gift. It is done to prevent hackers from breaking into your account and gifting a lot of items to an account of strangers before you are able to boot them out.
- The maximum number of gifts that you are able to send in a day is 5 gifts. It means that you are not able to give out too many gifts per day. If you try to send more than 5 gifts in a day in 24 hours, you will see that sending a gift will fail. So, if you want to send a gift again, you have to wait 24 hours.
- iOS users cannot use the Gift feature in Fortnite. For you who are iOS users, you are still able to play Fortnite on your iOS device. However, you are not able to enjoy the Gift feature because it is not available on the iOS version. The Fortnite Gift feature is exclusive to some platforms including PC, Android, PlayStation, Switch, and Xbox One.
- You are not able to send gifts from your personal locker items. As explained above that you are not able to send gifts from your personal locker. You have to buy the gift directly from the Item Shop.
- Don’t miss: How Tall is Stable Ronaldo Fortnite? Here is His Biography, Fact, Net Worth, etc..
- The Gifts are not able to be refunded. If you have pressed the Send button, there is no chance for you to get a refund. So, before you send a gift to your friends in Fortnite, you have to make sure that you do not make a wrong decision.
- You are only able to gift Battle Pass with real money. It is not like skins and other items, you are only able to find and buy Battle Pass in the Battle Pass menu. There, you will find an option where you are able to gift one to your friends in the top left of the menu for 950 V-Bucks. It is important for you to know that you are not able to use your current V-Buck balance to buy one. You have to pay $9.50. If not, the process will be the same including picking a friend from your friend list, choosing a wrapping color and hitting send.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…