Bamboo is a type of plant that first appeared in Animal Crossing: New Leaf and later in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. You will be able to get it by planting them. Need to know that Bamboo is a rare crafting material in the game of Animal Crossing New Horizons. It is more difficult to get bamboo than other similar items such as summer shells, maple leaves, and snowflakes that you can snag in your net while walking around your island. So, how to get Bamboo in Animal Crossing?
How to Get Bamboo in Animal Crossing New Horizons?
We are sure that you want to know information about how to get Bamboo in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Generally, the way of getting bamboo in your settlement involves traveling to other, mystery islands.
Here are some steps that you have to do to get bamboo in Animal Crossing New Horizons:
- At the first step, you have to go to the Resident Services building on your island.
- After that, you are able to access the Nook Stop in the lower-right of the room.
- Then, you are able to choose Redeem Nook Miles.
- Please pick Nook Miles Ticket. For your information, this item costs 2,000 Nook Miles, which you obtain by doing many tasks on your island.
- Now, you are able to select Redeem. The machine is going to dispense your ticket. For note: Because the next steps depend on opportunity, so you have to get some tickets at once to save several trips back to Resident Services.
- In this step, you need to go to your airport. Then, talk to Orville at the desk and say, “I wanna fly!”
- At the next prompt, you have to select Use Nook Miles Ticket.
- After some dialogue, Wilbur is going to fly you to another island. You are going to know if you have arrived at one with bamboo as it will be visible from the plane.
- If you do not see bamboo, you have to talk to Wilbur to return to your island. After you arrive, you are able to talk to Orville again and repeat the steps to use a Nook Miles Ticket. Please keep trying until you get a bamboo island.
- After you get the right island, you have several options. You have to use your shovel to dig up the marked spots around the bamboo to get bamboo shoots which you are able to plant when you return home.
- If you only want the materials and not the plants, then you are able to use a flimsy or stone axe to harvest bamboo pieces the same way you gather wood from the trees. Each bamboo tree is going to yield three pieces per day. For note: In the spring, hitting bamboo trees with an axe is going to get you Young Spring Bamboo. It is another crafting ingredient.
- Also, you are able to collect entire trees to take home to plan. This choice saves you from waiting for the shoots you plant to grow. To do that, you have to use your shovel on a tree after you have eaten fruit or a bamboo shoot.
- Lastly, you only need to talk to Wilbur again to return home with your bamboo.
Other Ways to Get Bamboo In Animal Crossing
While traveling to mystery islands is the standard method to collect bamboo, you are also able to get bamboo using other ways.
Here are three other ways to get Bamboo in Animal Crossing:
- If you purchase 100 turnips from Daisy Mae when she visits your island on Sunday mornings, then you are going to get some bamboo shoots from her in the mail the next day.
- Your neighbors are going to give you a reward for doing favors for them by giving you some clothes, crafting materials, and furniture. Occasionally, they are going to give you bamboo pieces or shoots.
- After one of your friends who is also playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons gets bamboo, they are able to bring it to you during an island visit or mail it to you at the airport.
What to Do With Bamboo In Animal Crossing?
You are able to plant bamboo trees on your island like any other plant. They are able to provide a unique look and assist you set aside an area for a relaxing garden area. When you do that, each mature plant is going to produce one more shoot that you are able to dig up from a marked spot next to the tree.
The shoots, pieces, and young spring bamboo you earn from bamboo trees are also needed as ingredients to make furniture and decorations that you cannot purchase at Nook’s Cranny. Even though you may get them from other villagers or by shaking trees. Aside from that, you are going to get recipes for these items in the spring and also can get more from balloons, message bottles, and your neighbors.
Bamboo Items and How to Make Them
Here are the items and the ingredients you need to make them:
|Bamboo Basket||7 Bamboo Pieces|
|Bamboo Bench||8 Bamboo Pieces|
|Bamboo Candle Holder||3 Bamboo Pieces and 2 Clay|
|Bamboo Doll||6 Young Spring Bamboo|
|Bamboo Drum||3 Bamboo Pieces and 2 Softwood|
|Bamboo Floor Lamp||8 Bamboo Pieces|
|Bamboo Lunch Box||4 Bamboo Pieces|
|Bamboo Noodle Slide||7 Young Spring Bamboo and 3 Wood|
|Bamboo Partition||7 Bamboo Pieces and 6 Stones|
|Bamboo Shelf||15 Bamboo Pieces|
|Bamboo Speaker||3 Bamboo Pieces and 1 Iron Nugget|
|Bamboo Sphere||3 Bamboo Pieces|
|Bamboo Stool||5 Bamboo Pieces|
|Bamboo Stopblock||3 Bamboo Pieces|
|Bamboo Wall Decoration||1 Bamboo Piece|
|Bamboo-Shoot Lamp||4 Young Spring Bamboo, 5 Bamboo Shoots and 4 Clay|
|Deer Scare||3 Bamboo Pieces, 8 Stones and 3 Clumps of Weeds|
|Bamboo Wall||15 Bamboo Pieces|
|Bamboo-Grove Wall||7 Young Spring Bamboo and 3 Bamboo Shoots|
|Bamboo Flooring||15 Bamboo Pieces|
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…