It is annoying when there is an error in your PC when you are playing a game. Moreover, we do not know what to do to be able to fix the issue. If the error that you are experiencing now is error code 6-0X00001000 in Rainbow Six: Siege, you will be able to fix it after reading this article. Here, you will find the ways to fix that error code.
If you find an error code 6-0X00001000 in Rainbow Six: Siege when you are playing the game, it means that your connection to the matchmaking service timed out. So, you are able to fix this issue by applying the methods below. You are able to try the first method, but if it does not work, you are able to try the next method.
Fixing Error Code 6 0X00001000 By Checking Your Internet Connection
The reason why you have to check your internet connection is because if your internet connection is not stable or limited, the device will not be able to get access to the matchmaking servers so that this error pops up on your screen. So, to check it, you are able to use another device and then you can try to connect the same network. If you can access it well on another device, but not in your PC or console, you are able to power cycling your router. If you do power cycling, it can refresh all the configuration and permits the correct transmission of the network network again. How to power cycling? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to turn off your router and computer or console.
- After that, you need to take out the power cable of each device. And then, press and hold the power button of each device for about 4 seconds. By doing it, all the energy will be drained.
- In this step, you have to wait for about 2 to 3 minutes before you plug everything in again. You need to turn all the devices on and then see whether the error still appears or not.
Do you use proxy servers? Sometimes, it has settings which can block some websites or services from running. So, you have to make sure that you remove it and then try again. Usually, this condition happens in public places.
Fixing Error Code 6 0X00001000 By Changing User Profile in Xbox
You may know that Xbox user profiles sometimes get induced with some errors and bugs. There are some people who face this error but some others can use the matchmaking mechanism successfully without facing this error. So, let’s try to change the user profile on your Xbox console as an effort to fix this error.
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to your Xbox home page. When you are there, you have to go to Social from the top of the page.
- In this step, there is a button named Sign In or Out. You have to click on it and then sign out of your profile.
- After that, you are able to create a new profile or you are able to sign in by using an existing profile. You can choose from these options.
- Then, you are able to launch Rainbow Six: Siege and then check whether the error is fixed.
Fixing Error Code 6 0X00001000 By Checking for Updates
Rainbow Six Siege admits that the issue of devices which cannot connect and they say that they are fixing it. The fix of this issue is an update to the game. Some users try to fix this issue by updating the game and it can fix it. So, you are able to update the game to the latest build available. Below, we provide you the steps to update your game.
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the Application page on your Xbox. After that, you have to choose the Update button which can be found at the left navigation bar.
- Here, you have to find Rainbow Siege Six and then you have to make sure that you update the application fully to the latest build.
- After you update it, you have to restart your PC and then you are able to see whether the error is fixed.
Fixing Error Code 6 0X00001000 By Checking Server Status
There is always routine maintenance for the game and when it happens the game server will be offline. The duration of maintenance can be minutes to hours. So, if the reason why you get this error is because there is routine maintenance, then there is no fixing method that you are able to do. You just have to wait until the process of maintenance is finished and you are able to try playing the game later.
Fixing Error Code 6 0X00001000 By Changing DNS Settings
If you find that DNS on your PC cannot work well, you cannot connect with Rainbow Six: Siege servers. So, you are able to change the DNS settings to fix it.
- First, you have to press Windows + R and then type control panel in the dialogue box. After typing it, hit Enter.
- When you are in the Control Panel, the thing that you have to do is to click on the sub-heading Network And Internet.
- Now, you have to choose Network and Sharing Center from the next window that you are navigated to.
- In this step, there is the network to which you are connected to. You have to click on the network which is present in form of ‘Connections’.
- Then, you have to click on the Properties which can be found near the bottom of the small window which pops up.
- After that, double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) so that you are able to change the DNS server.
- You must click on Use The Following DNS Server Addresses so that the dialogue boxes will be editable. Now, you have to set the values to:
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- At last, you have to save changes by clicking on OK. Then, restart your PC.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…