Brewing stand are really handful tool that can be used in your next survival world. Do you want to have the ability to regenerate your health, run faster compared to the normal state, breath under water, and do something else? Everything can be done by potions. However, you will have to make a brewing stand before making a potion. This page consists of the guide to craft a brewing stand in the well-known game called Minecraft.
Method 1: Collecting materials
- First and foremost, collecting three cobblestone blocks. It can be done by mining a stone block with any pickaxe. Dungeons, NPC Villages, and strongholds all the places that can be visited to find the cobblestones. It can also be found when water and flowing lava intersect, making a possible infinite cobblestone source.
- Blaze rod: This one is a rare item in the game since you will have to go to the Nether to get some.
- Cobblestone: This one is a common block that can be obtained from mining.
- After that, head to the Nether and kill a blaze for one blaze rod. Due to the fact that they always drop only one blaze rod, you will have to kill more if you want to make more than one brewing stand. For those who are not familiar with the Nether, it refers to a home of six mobs called magma cubes, ghasts, skeletons, wither skeletons, blazes, and zombified piglins. Blazes are the ones that have yellow skin and black eyes. They are all able to spawn only in Nether Fortresses. Aside from being harmed by normal weapons, blazes can be hurt significantly by snowballs. Just like all the mobs in Nether, they cannot be hurt by either fire or lava.
Method 2: Making a brewing stand
- The first thing that you will need to do is to go to the crafting bench.
- Then, put three cobblestone pieces on the bottom of the lower 1/3 of the grid.
- Another thing that should be placed is the blaze rod. Please put it in the middle square of the middle 1/3 of the grid.
- Lastly, make your brewing stand. When the process is done, the brewing stand should show up on the right. Now, it is time for you to left click it and drag it into your inventory.
There are a few activities that you can do with the thing called a brewing stand, including:
- Opening a brewing stand
- Crafting a Potion of Fire Resistance (3:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Fire Resistance (8:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Harming (Instant Damage)
- Crafting a Potion of Harming (Instant Damage II)
- Crafting a Potion of Healing (Instant Health)
- Crafting a Potion of Healing (Instant Health II)
- Crafting a Potion of Invisibility (3:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Invisibility (8:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Leaping (3:00 – Jump Boost)
- Crafting a Potion of Leaping (8:00 – Jump Boost)
- Crafting a Potion of Leaping (1:30 – Jump Boost II)
- Crafting a Potion of Night Vision (3:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Night Vision (8:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Poison (0:45)
- Crafting a Potion of Poison (2:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Poison (0:22 – Poison II)
- Crafting a Potion of Regeneration (0:45)
- Crafting a Potion of Regeneration (1:30)
- Crafting a Potion of Regeneration (0:22 – Regeneration II)
- Crafting a Potion of Slowness (1:30)
- Crafting a Potion of Slowness (4:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Strength (3:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Strength (8:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Strength (1:30 – Strength II)
- Crafting a Potion of Swiftness (3:00 – Speed)
- Crafting a Potion of Swiftness (8:00 – Speed)
- Crafting a Potion of Swiftness (1:30 – Speed II)
- Crafting a Potion of Water Breathing (3:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Water Breathing (8:00)
- Crafting a Potion of Weakness (1:30)
- Crafting a Potion of Weakness (4:00)
If you want to open the brewing stand, please follow these following instructions:
- Firstly, make sure that you have crafted a brewing stand. You will have to add the brewing stand to your hotbar so that it is an item that you can use. Do not forget to position your pointer or the plus sign on the block where you want to place the brewing stand. The block should be highlighted in your game window. Depends on the version of Minecraft, you can do one of these steps:
- For Java Edition (PC/Mac), you will need to right click on the block.
- For Pocket Edition or PE, you will need to tap on the block.
- For Xbox 360 and Xbox One, you will need to press the LT button on the Xbox controller.
- For PS3 and PS4, you will need to press the L2 button on the PS controller.
- For Wii U, you will need to press the ZL button on the gamepad.
- For Nintendo Switch, you will need to press the ZL button on the controller.
- For Windows 10 Edition, you will need to right click on the block.
- For Education Edition, you will need to right click on the block.
Do not forget the location where you put your brewing stand because you will have to open it every time you want to brew a potion in the game.
- In order to open a brewing stand, standing in front of it is needed. Apparently, the game control to open the brewing stand depends on the version of Minecraft that you are currently using. Actually, the steps are all the same as the ones in the Step 1, except for replacing the block with the brewing stand. For instance, you will have to right click on the brewing stand if you want to open it on Minecraft Education Edition.
Once you have opened the brewing stand, you will be able to see your brewing menu. In the menu, put the materials in the top box and potions are made in the bottom three boxes. For the later versions of Minecraft, the blaze powder is needed by the brewing stand to activate which is located in the far left box. Make sure to add items to your hotbar so that you can start using brewing stand.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…