As an Animal Crossing player, you may need unlimited design slots. However, is it possible? Here, I have some information about unlimited design slots animal crossing.
Petition About Unlimited Design Slots in Animal Crossing
On the Change.org site, there is a petition entitled ‘Unlimited Design Slots in Animal Crossing New Horizons’. When I accessed that petition, it had been signed 10,055 times. On the petition, it is explained that in Animal Crossing New Horizons, there is a community of artists who create designs for everyone to enjoy. However, the problem is with a limited amount of space, players are very limited with the designs that they are able to create and share with each other.
It is also explained that with these designs, people are connecting all around the world and it is only growing as more people spend time in the game. The creativity is amazing and the 3D effects that they get with forced perspective and sharing can bring the game to a new level of customization. The problem is design squares are only so big and sometimes you have to fill up to 24 slots to complete a design.
Furthermore, on that petition, it is explained that if Nintendo really wants it to be the most customizable version of animal crossing since its creation, they need to permit players to enable more slots. It will be ideal if it is an unlimited spot.
It is unknown when this petition was made, but there are some comments on the petition and it was made 2 years ago. So, the petition may have been made years ago. Now, let’s find out about Designs Slots in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
More Design Post Slots in Animal Crossing New Horizons 2.0
As explained on the Polygon site that the designers of Animal Crossing New Horizons previously were limited in the amount of custom designs that they were able to post online to share through the Custom Designs Portal. However, in the New Horizons 2.0 update, a bunch more slots were added by Nintendo. It means that now players are able to add up to 200 custom designs.
You are able to access the Custom Design Portal through the Custom Designs app on the NookPhone. After it is open, then you have to push A to access the portal, where you can share designs online. There will be a message which pops up about the new slots.
Unlocking More Custom Design Slots in Animal Crossing New Horizons
If you want to unlock more custom design slots in Animal Crossing New Horizons, you must buy Custom Design Pro Editor+. It can be bought from the Nook Stop terminal in Resident Services. The price is 2,000 Nook Miles.
According to the GamerTweak site, here are the steps to unlock more custom design slots in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
- First, you need to go to the Resident Services building.
- Then, you need to go to the green Nook Stop multimedia terminal.
- After that, you have to press the A button.
- And then, you need to choose the Redeem Nook Miles option from available services.
- From ‘Everything’ or ‘Special’ tabs, there will be Custom Design Pro Editor+.
- It is able to be bought for 2,000 Nook Miles.
- Now, 50 custom and 50 pro design slots have been added by you to your phone app.
- You have to make sure that you also buy Custom Designs Portal for 300 Nook Miles.
- It is important to know that Custom Designs Portal adds the ability to use features of Custom Design Kiosk in Able Sisters Store directly through your phone app.
From the Able Sisters Store Kiosk, you can download custom designs from creators all over the world and also you are able to share your designs with others. Custom Designs Portal will permit you to access it anytime outside the shop. An active Nintendo Switch Online subscription is needed by you and also you have to access the internet so that you can use this feature.
Downloading Custom Designs from Able Sisters Kiosk
Let’s say that you have unlocked the Able Sisters shop. If so, then you need to interact with the Kiosk in the back. From there, you are able to search for designs through Design ID, Creator ID and Criteria Search and Favorite Search.
As explained on IGN, here are the differences among them.
- Creator ID: It will show you everything a creator has shared.
- Design ID: A specific design a creator has shared will be pulled up.
- Criteria Search: It allows you input a design name and design type.
- Favorites Search: It allows you to jump to your favorite creators’ designs. If you want to favorite a designer, you have to search and choose one of their designs and then choose X to favorite.
Downloading any and all designs are able to be done by you. However, you only have a set number of slots.
Making Your Own Designs
If you want to make your own design, it is easy. The thing that you have to do is to open the Custom Designs app and then you need to choose a blank square or a pattern that you made earlier that you want to edit. After that, you have to edit it. Then, you need to color in the square to make your design a reality.
It is important to note that you are able to unlock Pro Designs where it permits you to make specific kinds of clothes. To unlock Pro Designs, you have to buy it at the Nook Shop.
Scanning and Downloading QR Codes
The real-world Nintendo Switch Online app can be used to import old custom designs from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and anywhere you are able to find on the web including websites like acpatterns.com which is able to convert any image into a downloadable QR code. To do this, you need the Nintendo App.
According to IGN, here are the steps to get designs from New Leaf, Happy Home Designer or anywhere on the internet.
- First, you have to open the Nintendo Switch app > ACNH (NookLink) > Choose Custom Designs to scan QR codes of custom designs and patterns created in New Leaf or Happy Home Designer.
- Then, you need to scan and download or save them through NookLink.
- In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, then you must open the Custom Designs app and then hit the (+) to actually download the design. You are able to choose and override an existing or empty slot.
- After it is downloaded, then you are able to wear it, display it or spread in room.
On my daily job, I am a software engineer, programmer & computer technician. My passion is assembling PC hardware, studying Operating System and all things related to computers technology. I also love to make short films for YouTube as a producer. More at about me…